Any recommendations for tires? - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any recommendations for tires?

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for good tires. I do only street riding. 95% around town.

Currently I am running the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II. No complaints so far. However they are expensive and seem not to last very long.

I'd like to have a pair that ideally lasts for 15k km (10k miles).

What's good from your experience?

2009 CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Hi, Im running on dunlop roadsmart 3 and they seems to last at least 10k km, but they are expensive too. Been on track 1 time and they are good for me.

Odesláno z mého ONEPLUS A3003 pomocí Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nawigator95 For This Useful Post:
Bentaro (10-14-2018)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 11:15 PM
Pocketbike Racer

For you I would recommend the pilot road or Bridgestone S21.

The pilot roads will last 10k miles but they are expensive and the handling will go to **** before you run out of tread.

2003 Honda CBR600RR
- Renthal Sprockets (15/45) - DID 520ERV3
- Micron Slip on - Pair/EVAP delete
- SS front brake lines - Gilles Rearsets
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Honda-Power For This Useful Post:
498cm3 (10-14-2018), Bentaro (10-14-2018), dixon cider (10-15-2018)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 12:19 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,044 Times in 850 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this type of post will not produce any meaningful results.

when you ask a forum what "blank" is best. you will just get a bunch of people telling you to use what they do. what they use is best, because they chose it, and they will not be wrong.

this is not useful to the person asking. let's all do a big circle jerk about our choice in tires.

go online, and search for "best tire suited to what i want to do with them". this will give you an idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to wibbly For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (10-15-2018)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 03:31 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post

when you ask a forum what "blank" is best. you will just get a bunch of people telling you to use what they do. what they use is best, because they chose it, and they will not be wrong.

this is not useful to the person asking. let's all do a big circle jerk about our choice in tires.

go online, and search for "best tire suited to what i want to do with them". this will give you an idea.
I get what you are saying but his post is not that. OP gave enough info for us to provide good feedback.

Hence my recommendation of two tires with a hard center, which will provide the longevity the op desires.

Yes I have experience with the tires I recommended, but, Isn't that a good thing? It's not like I recommended Dunlop Q3+'s, which is what I am currently running (and enjoying very much).

2003 Honda CBR600RR
- Renthal Sprockets (15/45) - DID 520ERV3
- Micron Slip on - Pair/EVAP delete
- SS front brake lines - Gilles Rearsets
The Following User Says Thank You to Honda-Power For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (10-15-2018)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post

Yeah I know. And to be honest I already had some tires I wanted to try out next. So my questions was less a "I need your help" but more a "I wonder what the other cbr owners put on their bikes and how many miles they actually get out of them" thing.

But thanks anyway.

2009 CBR600RR
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:16 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Switched to Q3+ and never looked back. Used to run Shinko Raven 009 front and back and those gave me good life ~10kmi and could even do rookie classes at the track. For a solid, cheap, and generally good all around tires I can suggest the Ravens from experience. They're OK in the wet, pretty decent side grip, and have solid life.

wibbly, I don't think it's such a bad thing to ask subjective questions like these. At the very least the PO gets a response of a cross section of the tires the people use for similar riding. Better than online publications that just recycle the same 5 tires over and over for reviews: "Let's see how this years X manufacturer compares to last year!"
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyoha For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (10-15-2018)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:11 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,044 Times in 850 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
the reason i said what i did is there is absolutely no way to now what each person's actual skill level is.

you can say shinkos are great on the track, but that personal experience isn't likely to carry over to other track users. how many different tires have you used at the track?

this is what i mean, most will just say what they've used, because their own bias towards their own choices will lead them to do it. there's nothing wrong with suggesting what you use, but for someone who wants good info, hearing what a bunch of people use isn't overly helpful

if you go and read an actual tire test, the reviews are from professional riders who have basically ridden every bike and every tire out there, and are writing in depth reports on their findings. i'd put a lot more consideration into the response of one of those guys than someone who's (for example) had a 600rr as his first bike and has been riding for 6 months on a set of bridgestone battlax bt023s telling me they're amazing tires.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Pilot Road I got 10,000 miles from a rear tire. Conti Motion I got 14K up front. Those were on the motorcycle when I purchased used. YMMV
The Following User Says Thank You to 498cm3 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (10-15-2018)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 01:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I get about 8000 rear and 12,000 front miles from Q3's on my F4i. All road to work and back riding plus weekend fun.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
The Following User Says Thank You to bored&stroked For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (10-15-2018)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 08:58 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Another happy Dunlop Q3 owner. Ran all releases of Michelin Pilots and Pirelli Rosso Corsa. I would buy Q3+ as my next tire since it's the best bang for the buck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page