Raising a lowered bike? - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Raising a lowered bike?

I'm newer to motorcycles and slowly looking for my second bike. First is CBR250 and I'm in the market for a 600.

I see an add for a bike that has been lowered 1.5". What entails raising this back to stock height? How hard is this? Can I do this myself?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 07:50 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Generally it’s a lowering link in the shock linkage, fairly easy to do yourself or cheap for a shop to do.

Still looking, huh?

- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 08:41 AM
Knee Dragger

Not much involved to going back to stock height. Look directly in front of your rear tire and you'll see a triangular looking bracket (it may say Vortex on it, a popular brand). You just swap this out with a stock one.

Can't imagine a shop would charge more than an hour labor for this.

And you can find the stock links all over eBay for cheap since those who lowered their bikes have no use for them.

I'd recommend riding the bike lowered for awhile and see how you like it. I'm 6'2" and find that lowered is more comfortable for me. YRMV.

A properly lowered bike would also have the forks adjusted so look if they've been lowered. Don't think most bother with it or that it makes that much difference in street riding.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
Generally its a lowering link in the shock linkage, fairly easy to do yourself or cheap for a shop to do.

Still looking, huh?
Yes, still looking. The guy I posted about before never got back to me about showing his bike. The guy was super flaky.

This new prospect is the same model bike with 7.5k miles.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 03:50 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-1 View Post
A properly lowered bike would also have the forks adjusted so look if they've been lowered. Don't think most bother with it or that it makes that much difference in street riding.
Good luck lowering the front end 1-1.5" to match the rear, cause you'll be smashing the crap out of your fender into the cowling if there's even that much fork leg available to do it.
Lowering the rear is terrible for handling. I suggest never riding a lowered sportbike unless you have to in order to ride it at all.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 07:54 AM
Knee Dragger

To do it right on this bike you'd have to install shorter springs in the front forks. Some fork tubes have alignment lines for various heights.

Lowering ain't ideal but it's better than standing on your tip toes every time you stop.

I just ride on the street and can't say I've noticed a huge amount of difference in handling on lowered machines.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 12:59 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-1 View Post
Lowering ain't ideal but it's better than standing on your tip toes every time you stop.
Be a hero every day. Be this guy.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

That poor midget. I seen that video several times. Why doesn't he just get a smaller bike for god's sake. That would get old jumping on the bike at every stop light after like 10 lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page