Looking for a rear seat cowl and/or lightly used OEM fairings - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for a rear seat cowl and/or lightly used OEM fairings

Hey guys, I'm looking for a seat cowl for my 06 cbr600rr red. I don't trust buying from ebay because I've heard a lot about fitment issues and colors not matching up etc etc. If anyone is willing to sell their lightly used OEM seat cowl let me know! On the other hand, I'm also interested in changing my bike's look altogether so If you're selling your full set (or partial but would prefer full set) of OEM fairings let me know. I don't want to buy from ebay also because of things such as fitment issues. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:41 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've bought at least a half dozen Chinese fairings on eBay for various bikes, including at least three for 600rr.

Do they fit as good as OEM? No. But they do fit fine. Only thing I've had to do is enlarge the odd pre-drilled hole and use a zip tie a couple times.

On the 07+'s getting the fairing to snap in under the headlight and at the tank (one's easy but then the other is not) is a PitA no matter if they're OEM or aftermarket.

The colors do not match OEM but when buying a full set it doesn't matter. The colors do match among pieces. Color matching on an old bike is essentially impossible as they tend to fade with age.

Paint job is not up to OEM. I've had no issue with chipping but it's just not as smooth and shiny. Good enough though since after a couple months you'll have plenty of little rock stubble and bug impacts anyway.

I'll be buying more in the future. They aren't OEM good, but they're about 10%-20% of the price so a good deal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bat-1 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (01-05-2019)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:57 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree with Bat-1.

I also have bought Chinese fairings on ebay for my old 06 and current 08. It's not a perfect fit, but if you get the right hardware (I'd use ALL metal hardware from the OEM) and use a heatgun, it looks fine.
My reason for cheap fairings? They are/were both budget track bikes, so I didn't see spending $500+ for race fairings, when I could buy 2 for the same price. Yes, it's more work installing/removing the fairings, but for the price, it was worth it.
And these ebay companies NEED to keep their positive reviews so badly, that you can complain about imperfections and they'll replace it. I've received 2 fairing bolt kits and they're sending another front fender, b/c the listing had a black one and I received a white one.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. Sorry for the bad quality. By the way, the 08 is not bolted down. I was just lining up all the holes.

The 06 - They sent a new windscreen b/c the white sections didn't line up.

The current 08 project
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmartSelect_20190105-174912_Instagram.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	200357   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181225_153726.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	200359  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page