Ebc double h sintered brake pads - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
IVE
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ebc double h sintered brake pads

When switching 2008 cbr600rr motorcycle’s brake pads, does the front and rear brake pads need to be the same company! So if i need to switch the brake pads and i will switch the rear brake pad to the ebc double h sintered brake pads for the rear, do i need to get the ebc double h sintered brake pads for the front or can other front brake pads be compatiable with the ebc double h sintered brake pads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 03:06 AM
Training Wheel Hero

The stock pads are similar to EBC HH. You could change either the front pads or rear pads with HH pads of any company anytime with no worries. I dont think you can go wrong with any of these EBC (UK/USA), Tokiko, Nisin, and Vesrah (Japan), Brembo (Italy), Carbone Lorraine (France), Galfer (Spain)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There is no compatibility requirement for front and rear pads.

You wouldn't want to mix pads on left and right front but otherwise it doesn't matter.

Say you used sintered on front and organic on back, that may would the break feel, especially if it's different from what you're used to, but that's about it.

They're just friction agents, all will work just fine.

As a purely street rider I actually prefer organic. They wear noticeably faster but are kinder to my rotors and seem to stop smoother.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 12:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-1 View Post
As a purely street rider I actually prefer organic. They wear noticeably faster but are kinder to my rotors and seem to stop smoother.
Dude Im still on my oem rotors at 88,000 miles inlcuding multiple track days with nothing but sintered pads. Do you really need more life then that?

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:13 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
Dude Im still on my oem rotors at 88,000 miles inlcuding multiple track days with nothing but sintered pads. Do you really need more life then that?
Yea, you're right. I've never had a rotor needing replacement. And I measure at least once a year.

That thinking comes more from car maintenance where I've had to replace rotors at least twice that I can remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page