Where are my OG's? - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Where are my OG's?

Who still has their hat?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dotnet-hat.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	200675  

Last edited by TheX; 03-07-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Years ago this thread would have hit 10 pages by now. I guess nothing lasts forever.

I shall mourn the death of dotnet.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:43 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ummm, dot net is dead because you and the rest if the OGs stopped posting. If you guys were still here and active, there’d be stuff here to read.

I’m not trying to be a **** here, well maybe a little, but you (and most of the OGs) haven’t said **** in months, even years, then drop by, post twice and bitch how the place is dead and there’s no one left.

Not our fault your guys went away.

Seriously, if you want it to be alive then post without being an ass and people may eventually post back and want to talk.

- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Does that mean you still have your hat?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 12:49 AM
Moto GP Racer

not an og by any means, but enjoy the chatter.

Always appreciate X's posts.

NSFW post is kinda slow......
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:28 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Does that mean you still have your hat?
I’m just saying that a number of the “old guys” guys cruise in here from time to time, remark how it’s dead, bemoan the “death” of this place and then leave again only to have the next one revive an old thread remarking about the good ol’ Days and leave again.

THAT’S the exact reason it’s dead, and that’s the reason most forums are dying and no one wants to do anything to save it like hang around and post some things.

I have been here long enough to have respect for X and his wisdom, at least in the past. You may not like the delivery but most of the time it’s at least honest and truthful words from a veteran rider.

So all you’re going to do is come in, be a ****, and then piss and moan the place doesn’t feed your need for admiration and attention, well, who were the people who scared off newbies posting? And why aren’t you inviting the 2 weiner, 1 rectum oldsters back or starting an actual conversation? You may want to hang out a bit, try to help a little and see if maybe that starts conversations and will breathe a bit of life in here.

But you only have yourself to blame on this forums death.

- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R

Last edited by Miweber929; 03-09-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Clarity and spelling
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4 members and 80+ guests currently viewing. I thank all who posted information in the past because it can be found by using the search bar. I'm not surprised members don't post as much on this or any other forum as much. There are video's on Youtube and a search bar at the top of any forum. Imagine if I started a thread on which oil to use again. I'm sure all I'd hear is "Use the search bar" or "here we go again"...."look in the manual", etc.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

If you look back at the times when this place was really rocking, it was because a bunch of us didn't give a damn about hurting feelings, we had FUN. So many riders want people to think they're badasses when in reality they get their feelings hurt by online words. This place thrived because were weren't po0sies.

Over time the feelz got too irritated and the people actually driving the threads and content forward got tired of being the bad guy. The same guys that like to claim they break mirrors off of cars (then run before they can be held accountable) and throw spark plugs, etc. can't hold their own during some forum banter.

People got what they wanted, and now they get to enjoy a polite, never hurt your feelz environment.

I don't know about you, but I LOVED this place when we were men, not SJWs.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
If you look back at the times when this place was really rocking, it was because a bunch of us didn't give a damn about hurting feelings, we had FUN. So many riders want people to think they're badasses when in reality they get their feelings hurt by online words. This place thrived because were weren't po0sies.

Over time the feelz got too irritated and the people actually driving the threads and content forward got tired of being the bad guy. The same guys that like to claim they break mirrors off of cars (then run before they can be held accountable) and throw spark plugs, etc. can't hold their own during some forum banter.

People got what they wanted, and now they get to enjoy a polite, never hurt your feelz environment.

I don't know about you, but I LOVED this place when we were men, not SJWs.
So I’ll simplify what you wrote:

“Once upon a time me and a bunch of other guys were able to be assholes to everyone on this forum because we were “men” and no one lets us get away with that anymore so we went away. But now we miss being able to be bullys to newbies and wanted to relive it but this forum isn’t active enough for us to keep it up. And that hurts our fragile egos.”

How close am I?

Seriously, things like saying people are not “men” because they don’t put up with you acting like you’re superior to them are the reasons we as a society are in this butt-hurt mess and people feel persecuted. It’s not a male/female thing but an ego thing; you equate treating people like **** to being a “man”, how unevolved.

You going to pull out the term “snowflake” now? That’s usually the way this works........

I joined in ‘13, the site was still pretty active but a lot of people were bashing anything and everyone and it got tiring so many left. The bigger issue here is the bike and 600 class is just not that popular anymore, the RR hasn’t really changed since ‘07 and no one wants to just hang out and talk. Especially so when they are treated shitty like many were.

If you didn’t care how people felt, why did you stop posting? Why did everyone else from the OG group go away?

I still frequent maybe 6 forums, and am a mod on two and the way you guys treated and talked to a lot of people would have gotten you banned on all them, but it was tolerated on here because you all were friendly with the admins. Interestingly enough 5 of the 6 forums I frequent are still very active, with plenty of new stuff talked about every day even though we’ve rehashed about everything there is to do with those bikes, RVs and cars. The difference is we just generally all try to get along and be respectful of each other. It’s not always roses but we try. And don’t think that being an ass equates to our manliness.

Is what it is, you can blame it on whatever but back when you guys could have made it place people wanted to stay even if they got a different bike or just wanted to talk, you didn’t, then you all stopped posting and here we are.

- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R

Last edited by Miweber929; 03-10-2019 at 12:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miweber929 For This Useful Post:
Laurant (03-10-2019)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Pocketbike Racer

So where do I get a hat?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 03:55 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
if nothing else, this is also some og style arguing.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 09:56 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
if nothing else, this is also some og style arguing.
Hah! No this is what X is lamenting about: people not standing for his **** and him getting called out on it. Itís why he now visits so infrequently, he admits it earlier, and why heís not happy to play here any longer.

Look, I have a lot of respect for him (and many of the OGs), for his opinions and for his experience. He says great things if you actually listen. Iím also a fan of no-bull interactions and being direct, Wibbly for instance doesnít pull punches, gets the point across and makes you think for yourself.

But Iím not a fan of needlessly bashing on someone, treating people like underlings and saying because I feel Iím a ďmanĒ can treat you that way. Thatís not a man, thatís an immature child.

Iím also tired of these guys coming back, saying how dead it is here, itís not like it was and somehow this place canít live on because they arenít here. Really? Seems to still be limping along after those guys successfully chased anyone and everyone away and starting to get some traction again.

There was a lot of good info passed, good friendships created, lots of people learned a lot and became lifelong riders because they were ďtaughtĒ correctly here. Still can be that way........

- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:25 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
hihi

I don't have a hat...and I don't know what an OG is.
But I've been here for a while on and off.

No doubt Wibblywobbly will moan at me for not contributing anything to this thread too

Steve
'04 CBR 600RR
IBA #40198
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Pocketbike Racer

NO HAT FOR YOU!!!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 498cm3 For This Useful Post:
Wazoo (03-13-2019)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 06:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage

Steve
'04 CBR 600RR
IBA #40198
The Following User Says Thank You to InsolentMinx For This Useful Post:
498cm3 (03-12-2019)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I see no hats in this thread. I see beanies. Hats have bills.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page