Advise regarding buy this bike - 600RR.net
General Discussion General Honda CBR600RR Motorcycle Talk - please place mods, tech tips and off topic threads in the correct forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Advise regarding buy this bike

I'm getting good deal on this bike and I'm very interested in getting it. I haven't seen it yet, 2 hours drive but if everything checks out I'll go take a look and buy it if it's ok. It is a 2007 600rr.

I've got these pics from the website, not the best quality but enough to see few things.
First of, I assume it has gone down. It's not really a problem unless it was a big crash that cracked the frame, bent the forks or something but that's easy to check, fairings can be replaced/repainted like these ones have been I assume.

Few things that I noticed and bother me that I'd fix right away are: no rear mudguard/tire hugger however you call it. Why would that be?

One bar end weight is missing, other I'm not sure if it's stock, same with gas handlebar that doesn't appear to be stock.
I'm not sure if the tank isn't fitting right or it's just due to angle/color and if that can be fixed or is a sign of a problem.
It has around 25k miles (it's in km in pics) which isn't too much for a 12 year old bike I guess.

And as I said I am getting a good deal and I'd have some money left over to fix things up that I don't like or are missing.

Windshield doesn't appear to be stock but I prefer it black anyway. Here's the album with pics:
https://imgur.com/a/q2akxaJ

And here's one embeded:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:54 AM
Training Wheel Hero

May need new tires, check if they aren't flat spotted too much or older than 5 years old. I checked my valves at 40,000 miles and still in spec so high mileage of 25k is nothing really. If you are getting in under $3500 USD than I would go for it. Just ride the bike and make sure to brake hard a few times. I made the mistake of not doing that and by the time I got home I saw that the forks seals were leaking so there went like $200 bucks fixing it.

Audi S4 + CBR600rr enthusiast Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Yeah it's gonna be under that together with some other fees I'll have to pay, and bear in mind bikes in US are a lot cheaper than here. Tires if old or used up I'm getting new ones right away, checking fork seals, valves if they were never checked, gonna do thourough inspection of the frame and engine, take a peak under fairings etc.
The tank not fitting I'm not sure, I saw some close ups form other bikes and it appears the same, maybe it's just because it's white it's more obvious, there should be a gap there.
Little things are annoying tho, bar end weight and other stuff that I'll have to order and wait for but oh well.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Training Wheel Hero

In that case I say go for it! I'd prefer to buy used and fix them up so I'm confident in the conditions on my machine. I'd say go for it. Even here in the US getting one of these under $4000 and in decent conditions is hard.

Audi S4 + CBR600rr enthusiast Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:43 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What looks like the gas tank is just a plastic gas tank cover.

The gap you're seeing is between the tank cover and the black plastic side covers. The two snap together and as plastic ages the snaps can get brittle and break off. They are easy to replace and cheap on eBay. On this bike they may just not be snapped in properly. It can be hard in cold weather when the plastic has shrunk.

I've looked at probably two dozen wrecked 600RR's and not one had frame damage. It's just not going to happen. To damage this frame the bike would have to be so trashed it wouldn't be worth restoring and trying to sell.

Lots of cool bar end weights are available for these. Not expensive. It's possible the right one just vibrated off. That happened to me once. Now I use thread sealer on them.

Looks like the PO replaced front and rear turn signals. Likely with LED.

Also, before replacing fork seals buy a Seal Mate for $5 and just clean them. Four out of five times that's fixed minor seeping for me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks! Gonna check it out on Sunday, until then making a list of things to check and ask about, already looking for accessories I'd like lol, gotta be less excited but I always loved rr ever since they stole my 03 one years ago.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Bought it! Picking it up in few days, it's going straight to get registered and to the shop to get some work done.

Mechanicaly it seems to be in great condition, couldn't find much to complain. I will need to change the usual stuff except the oil because the owner showed me papers and it was changed recently but I gotta change tires, chain, sprocket, brake pads and unfortunatelly fork seals :/ but then again this is all pretty basic and would expect to do on most bikes except when buying a mint one which is rare, at least here.

There are some cosmetic stuff that need work, some fairings need to be tightened up, probably missing some screws or something, this one is annoying but it's missing rear seat lock, don't know why or how I'll deal with that but yeah.. Gonna put rear mudguard too, new handlegrips and bar ends. Also a part of that plastic cover of that third light underneath windscreen is broken off so gotta see about that too. Minor things, (except the lock maybe) but it's gonna add up but with all the expenses added it will be a great deal still.

Also thinking about doing a valve adjustment because I doubt that's ever been done and the bike's sitting at 26k miles but not sure if it's needed, or at least right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page