Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

2008 cbr600rr forks

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  pcomer75 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice. I bought some 2nd hand forks because I snapped mine in an accident, the new ones I just bought have small dents at the top of the leg. Do you think they'll still be ok to use? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Pretty sure that’s going to interfere with and tear up the bushing on the top of the stanchion. Stock internals bottom out around 25mm of chrome showing. Take the cap off of the tube and slide the stanchion up until you have 25mm showing. If you hit that dent and bind up before you get there, then it’s a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
ar556 brings up a question.

1st pic shows some possible deformation of outer tubes, not sure..need a better pic.
and 2nd pic shows some anodized corrosion, and an odd (camera flash doesn't form a straight profile) break that may show a deformed upper also?

more pics of these areas?

is there a good suspension shop nearby?

#11 ·
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll get a few more pics, those are the pics I screen shot from the eBay ad. The forks did come from a reputable company, and have 3 months warranty with them. But I'll run them into a local bike garage for a closer look. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.