Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Second radiator fan?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TheX 
#1 ·
I recently changed coolant and never had a problem. When the temp got to 218 the fan would come on and the temp would continue to drop. Now I noticed it got up to 223 and the fan came on and went down to 220 but stayed at 220 for 2 or 3 minutes and never went down or up. So that kind of worries me since before the temp would go down after the fan came on. There’s also a possibility there’s air bubbles in the coolant or it’s low even tho when I checked the coolant a couple weeks ago when the bike was cold it was up to the neck. It was also a hot day but I’ve also had it in other hot days and never had this problem. Either way I want a second radiator fan. Do I just buy the same oem one that’s on the bike? and how do I mount it and wire it up?

#3 ·
i have a 2nd fan mounted on my bike. its a 2003. love having the 2nd fan. keeps the temps down when idling. i used one from a 2001 f4i but you have to extend the lower mount bracket out as there is minimal room between the radiator and the engine. i have it on its own switch too. bike never gets over 200 degrees.

#6 ·
Why wouldn't you just flash the ecu to lower the temp setting the oem fan comes on to begin with? And fyi, what your describing it perfectly normal. What it used to do is not when its hot AF out.
Here in Phoenix, when the fan comes on in 115* heat, it either stops or just slows down the temp increase. It doesn't get cooler until you actually move. Goes the same for my 600F4i, 06 600RR, 08 600RR, and 15 1000RR that I currently ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.