Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

05 CBR with non inverted forks?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  NewRedRider 
#1 ·
I recently bought an 05 CBR600RR. The title and vin both confirm it’s an 05 and. However, it has regular/non inverted forks and the plastics look more like the ones from an 03-04.

Did all 05s have inverted forks/updates fairings? Are there any other differences between the modle years I can check? What do y’all think about the situation?

A few pictures of the bike https://imgur.com/a/koEPosg

#6 ·
Maybe it's a 2004 model that wasn't sold until 2005 and hence is registered as a 2005 model. Happens all the time in the UK.

I have an RR5, but it wasn't registered until 2006 and so all documentation say it's a 2006.

I'd be surprised if it's been changed as you'd need yokes, forks, calipers, mudguard minimum.

If the bodywork is 2004 then I'd suggest it is. Is the seat unit 2004 too, as they differ from 2004 to 2005?

#7 ·
That swingarm is a 2003-2004 piece as well; the 2005-2006 swingarm has a slightly different mold that has a raised portion.

Under the passenger seat should be a decal on the subframe plastic that has some codes on it; one is a paint code and it can reveal the year of the bike since most paint schemes only exist for one model year

#10 · (Edited)
My personal opinion is that the 05-06 600rr's are the best looking out of them all!!!
I have an 03 myself and once I discovered the different front fairing on the 05/06 I didn't even want to look at my 03 anymore! I hated the black air intake pieces on the front and I wanted to do the change once I found out the swap was possible. I still have plans on doing 05/06 fork swap and also probably change the front master cylinder as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.