Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What do you consider cold weather riding?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  knonfs 
#1 ·
“Cold” and “winter” vary considerably across the country. When do you pack your cbr away for the year?
As long as there is no possibility of snow, ice or slush, that is, the temperature at no time getting below freezing, I feel safe riding. But what is “cold weather riding” to you? Are people really out there at or below freezing on their motorcycles? Last year I put mine up on stands when in consistently got around a high of 55F. This year I’m feeling more courageous, plus I have some commuting to do so 50 mpg sounds better than 25 still.

#6 ·
I commute year-around on mine. I take my car to the gym before work in the mornings and as long as I don't see ice, I'll probably ride to work. With good warm gear, even the low 20's are just fine. battery powered glove liners beneath leather insulated mechanics gloves, textile jacket with a down jacket over it, good to go. Same with rain, I'll put on some cheap coleman rain pants and a big rain jacket over my riding jacket and be just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.