Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Thinking of Painting my bike white.... suggestions?

3K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  MIXXX 
#1 ·
I bought an 03 600RR salvage about 400 miles ago. (MSF Course, dirt bike experience, full gear)... so far its been a blast... and quiet a learning experience =).

Now my bike currently has a flat black front.... white a red tail/gas tank....

i was thinking of just painting it all flat black.... but for sake of visibility i am going against that.

Now my point of interest has gone to a White bike.... from a few pictures of seen they look hot!

Now some questions....

Should i wait some more and put some more miles before i paint my bike? (so far no drops.....knock on wood)

How visible is white? any one have any problems with that color?

Lastly.... how difficult is it to remove the swinarm? (so i can power coat it black).

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
Check this thread out..
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=52029
Talk to naytypes, he does painting himself, I like the pearl white with black cases and swingarm, If I ever go down and need to repaint I am going with the white look as well.
As far as keeping white clean, it actually is easier to keep clean than a dark color is. Just personal experience from vehicles.

#4 ·
my pal has a black '05 that he bought new. every little scrach and speck of dust or pollin would show. My bike is painted flat white, no glossy. its clean, and easy to keep clean. It is imposible to see scraches and dust has no effect. I feel white is a more visible color, at night and during the day.

#5 ·
too bad you cant find gear that matches unless you go with black

#6 · (Edited)
thechemist said:
I bought an 03 600RR salvage about 400 miles ago. (MSF Course, dirt bike experience, full gear)... so far its been a blast... and quiet a learning experience =).

Now my bike currently has a flat black front.... white a red tail/gas tank....

i was thinking of just painting it all flat black.... but for sake of visibility i am going against that.

Now my point of interest has gone to a White bike.... from a few pictures of seen they look hot!

Now some questions....

Should i wait some more and put some more miles before i paint my bike? (so far no drops.....knock on wood)

Lastly.... how difficult is it to remove the swinarm? (so i can power coat it black).

Thanks in advance.
Some may disagree but I feel that visibility is not an issue. Reason? Well, if they don't see the bright headlights coming from the farily large moving object during the day, then youre going to be invisible to them anyway. At night? Well, if the headlight doesn't catch their attention there... they need to have their license revoked.

#7 ·
Fooldog01 said:
Some may disagree but I feel that visibility is not an issue. Reason? Well, if they don't see the bright headlights coming from the farily large moving object during the day, then youre going to be invisible to them anyway. At night? Well, if the headlight doesn't catch their attention there... they need to have their license revoked.
lol good points.

as far as paint jobs, nothing beats a flat black krylon paint job.

#8 · (Edited)
jordanf600 said:
my pal has a black '05 that he bought new. every little scrach and speck of dust or pollin would show. My bike is painted flat white, no glossy. its clean, and easy to keep clean. It is imposible to see scraches and dust has no effect. I feel white is a more visible color, at night and during the day.
Got a black one myself....I FRIGGIN HATE IT. So hard to keep clean, every little scratch shows up along with the smallest speck of dust.

As for painting your bike now, I suggest you wait untill you have more miles on it. Some can put 14k miles on their bike in 8 months and never drop the damn thing but others can put 6k on thier bikes and have dropped it 5 times. Depends on the rider, even though I havn't tasted pavement yet on the bike I'm still going to wait to paint it. However I started going to the track so my bike will be converted soon, but in 2008 I'll buy the new CBR and turn my current bike back into a street bike and make it white then. (that all depends on how hard I eat it racing on the track).

White bikes look clean and by clean I mean GOOD. Join the CBR600RR white bike club, many are moving to it because it looks so good. I myself will one day paint my bike black but that is a few years down the road. What ever color you get please post it up and tell us which white you selected.

#9 ·
slipper said:
lol good points.

as far as paint jobs, nothing beats a flat black krylon paint job.
Flat Black paint jobs are FUGLY IMO. I used to think they looked cool, but the more of them I've seen the more dissapointed in the Flat black look I am, Rather have a glossy Black bike than a flat black.

#10 ·
i've got a white rr. bought it salvaged 8500 miles on it. got in an accident. painted it white. looks like the sickest thing in the world. ill try to get some pics up after some mods tomorrow. Not to hard to keep clean. A lot easier than black and it makes a bigger impression on people visually as there are not a lot of white bikes. At least not till that damn 07 comes out.

#12 ·
ive been thinking about painting mine white too...i have a spare tail to practice on and see how it looks.

#15 ·
Fooldog01 said:
Headlights do jack if they're changing lanes into you from the side. Color has a LOT to do with it actually.

#16 ·
Double Post. My bad.

#17 ·
TheX said:
Headlights do jack if they're changing lanes into you from the side. Color has a LOT to do with it actually.
I don't agree with you on that one, but that's alright, cause it certainly cant hurt to have a brighter color.

#18 ·
White and silver are the two colors that don't show dirt as the others do.

#19 ·
coralchopper said:
one day... my bike will look like this (love the white/blue/black combination):

i got a website that will give u alllll the stuff for this.. white bike do it! ive seen some older bikes like that and i didnt like it but hey, its a cbr, it looks hot in every color but pink and purple.. and to that guy with that pink and purple bike, thats what u get bit*h, thats what u get!

#20 ·
I would go with white. There's a guy that works at a local shop that has a metallic white rr with gold honda wings on the sides looks great.

#21 ·
I wanna see white/red :beer:

#23 ·
here is my older pearl white f4i. It used to be red/black but then was layed over so it got sprayed custom pearl white (we threw in lots of extra pearl then it called for). See for yourself if you like it or not. MY rr is still and 04 red/blk and will be the same color if she ever falls over or has an accident but I cant change a perfectly good paint job.

#24 ·
thechemist said:

QUOTE]

Wow.... I think my funny mechanism just broke....

Pretty visible, better then black :sign10:

I would go with a flat white, and yes they make them.

#25 ·
Spy said:
I wanna see white/red :beer:
when i pick up an 05-06 it will most likely go white/red. heres a crappy chop of my old bike i did

#26 ·
:pimp:Definately cool lookin, post pics when you do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.