Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

whats this elusive tank rattle fix? i belive i have it now

798 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  VenomRR 
#1 ·
around 4,000-5,000rpm i get a rattle coming strait from the tank, im pretty sure that it is this ellusive tank rattle whats the fix and what exactly is rattling

#2 ·
if your talkin about what i think you are talkin about. its the plastic tank cover vibrating against the plastic stuff underneath it.

I had this prob when i first got my bike, I took it to the dealer for my first schedueled maintenance and asked them to check it out.

they told me it was my keys rattling, and im like what?

so screw them, I took the tank cover off, glued some half inch or so thick foam to the inside of my tank cover probably about 6 square inches. and this solved my prob. made the cover fit a little tighter but it hasnt rattled since and this is season three.

I dont have any pics but its pretty easy to understand. i got the foam from some stuff i already had so i dunno what you could use but im sure you can get creative.

hope that helps.

-Aaron

#3 ·
#4 ·
Hey guys, I had it in my 2005, its a poor clearance on the tank and the cowel on the tank... pull it off and put some spray insulation and cap her back on..... buddy at work has an 06..... same problem.... you can take the cowl off and see how its vibrating agaist the structure...... $5 buck fix. You need to just put a spacer in there. PM with questions

#5 ·
my bad, Silent bob said that.... hes right guys... dealer told me I was crazy too until I forced them to lift the cover on her.

#8 ·
Ive still got some dyno mat left from when I did this fix as well. I had that same tank rattle and ever since I put the dyno mat in there its never come back thanks to the how to fix it post from Toe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.