Race School Rental Deductible?? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Race School Rental Deductible??

I am trying to register to my first racing school at Callabogie Raceway in Ontario. I have three options to choose from when signing up:

Option #1: Bring my own bike. I would have to pull my bike and spend money for new tires, brakes, etc.. I also have a huge weight on my shoulders knowing I may crash and have a huge bill for repairs.

-$315.00 + GST (No Insurance)

Option #2: Use their bikes. The benefit is that I could drive there in a car and have no worries of damaging my own bike.

-$540 + taxes ($2,000 Deductible)

Option #3: Use their bikes but with a lower deductible

-$616 + taxes ($750 Deductible)

Since repairs on race ready bikes are about 1/3 of the price compared to our street bikes, which would be my best option??

Is it worth paying twice the price for one day using their bikes? What is the chance that I would fall on my first day?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WORLD View Post
I am trying to register to my first racing school at Callabogie Raceway in Ontario. I have three options to choose from when signing up:

Option #1: Bring my own bike. I would have to pull my bike and spend money for new tires, brakes, etc.. I also have a huge weight on my shoulders knowing I may crash and have a huge bill for repairs.

-$315.00 + GST (No Insurance)

Option #2: Use their bikes. The benefit is that I could drive there in a car and have no worries of damaging my own bike.

-$540 + taxes ($2,000 Deductible)

Option #3: Use their bikes but with a lower deductible

-$616 + taxes ($750 Deductible)

Since repairs on race ready bikes are about 1/3 of the price compared to our street bikes, which would be my best option??

Is it worth paying twice the price for one day using their bikes? What is the chance that I would fall on my first day?

Thanks

I am going to do this exact same thing this august or september,, I am going to opt for the rental bike with the 750 deductable..

the bikes come ready for the track (tires plastics etc...) so the way I see it is - I don't want to risk my street bike, plus I don't have to spend lotsa money getting my bike ready for the track... Plus their rental bikes are 2009 GSXR 600 so it may be a gixer but it isn't out of date..

I can't wait to do this, gonna be lots a fun
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Hey, right on man. I wasn't expecting to find someone on here who is going on the exact same date and place. Have you registered already? I'm hoping they aren't full yet for that date.

I was originally considering bringing my own bike but I'm leaning towards the same option as you. After my first school (if I feel confident enough), I'll bring my own bike to some track days locally.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Moto GP Racer

I haven't decided yet exactly when I am going,, but it will be late august or early september...

What level are you thinking of going into.. Fom what I remember there are 3 levels,, 1, 2 and X.. when I was reading about it I think I decided i would go for level 2..

if you are going in level 2 and around this time, let me know the date and I will try and sign up for the same date,, I think it would be cool if we were both there,, we could represent 600rr.net LOL
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tec crx View Post
I haven't decided yet exactly when I am going,, but it will be late august or early september...

What level are you thinking of going into.. Fom what I remember there are 3 levels,, 1, 2 and X.. when I was reading about it I think I decided i would go for level 2..

if you are going in level 2 and around this time, let me know the date and I will try and sign up for the same date,, I think it would be cool if we were both there,, we could represent 600rr.net LOL
Level 1 teaches you basics of advanced riding on the track. Braking, throttle, turn in point etc etc. Level 2 teaches you how to "be one" with your bike and how to set up suspension and the rest of your bike to suit your riding style. Considering I've never taken a bike to the track I'm starting at Level 1.

I'll let you know if I go again.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WORLD View Post
Level 1 teaches you basics of advanced riding on the track. Braking, throttle, turn in point etc etc. Level 2 teaches you how to "be one" with your bike and how to set up suspension and the rest of your bike to suit your riding style. Considering I've never taken a bike to the track I'm starting at Level 1.

I'll let you know if I go again.
well i haven't taken level 1 yet either I was just considering that I might just jump to level two,, but I haven't read into it yet or spoken with any one about it ,, they might end up suggesting to me that i take level 1 first,, ,, so i am really not sure what i will end up taking,, I might end up in level 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page