Jennings round 2 - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Jennings round 2

So I finally got back out to the track this weekend. after quite a few months, having missed the 4th of july day i was going to because i waded my bike up in a wreck.

This time went much smoother then my first track day, all though it didn't feel like it was going to. this time i went with a much smaller group of riders (4 of us) and we simply met at the track which was much more relaxed then the fiasco we had trying to get every one to leave town together and leave town at the same time.

After stressing about getting off work and getting my bike to the track I got my shift picked up and a friend loaned me his truck.

at the track I make sure everything is right on the bike, check tire pressures and make sure all the bolts are secure (learn my lesson after a mishap last time) I then start to pull onto pit road and notice my bike feels very funny, oh no, my front tire is completely flat. my heart dropped and I thought i was in for another day ruin-er, but it turned out to be just a bad valve core and was a 5 minute fix. I got out that session for 1 very nervous lap thinking my front tire was going to go flat mid corner, but after that session my confidence grew.

I rode in the intermediate class this time, which they ended up combining with the expert group due to lack of numbers in that group, so I definitely was one of the slower riders on the track.

I doubted the decision not to ride beginner this time but it turned out to be the right choice.

I got a lot of track time, way more then i expected. As the day wore on i got faster and faster, especially in the back section from turn 1 to turn 3.

my bike is street fighter now I so got a bit wind beaten and had the aerodynamics of a brick, the lack of gauges however wasn't some much of a problem.

here are some pics from this weekend as well as some ones from last time, the ones from this weekend were taken early in the day i am not pushing it that hard.

and from last time.

Last edited by Gville George; 09-22-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
great pics. This was with the FSB group, right?

there was a dude with a black 09R1 who wadded up his bike in T13. Ouch!

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yeh it was FSB, were you out there?

I heard about the R1 wrecking but did see it at all, was the rider ok?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page