SF Bay Area suspension recommendations? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SF Bay Area suspension recommendations?

So this is a long story, and it's not over just yet, but basically I got my fork revalve 8 months or so ago and it's never been right. I went back just last week, had them look at it again at my expense, and still hasn't been fixed.

I'm not going to go into details since like I said my experience is not over yet with the original shop, and I hope they can put me right, but my hopes are not the greatest at this point and I'm starting to think what if's. I really like the guys, but I'm taking it back again tomorrow and if they can't figure out what's not right after another tear-down I'm not sure what to do except go somewhere else and get a new fork job from scratch, or whatever needs to be done at this point.

The only other place I know of is Lindeman, and like everywhere they have good and bad reviews. Frankly I called them originally when I was shopping around and he was kind of a **** on the phone. Any other suggestions?

Dave Moss Forks - Ohlins shock

Bazzaz FI/AFM

Goodridge SS lines - Vesrah RJL's

Arrow headers w/ Devil can

Woodcraft frame sliders - Demented swingarm spools - Rushkie-patented FE and guages
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Rushkie I'm from the bay to and places I can think of is catalyst reaction,lindeman and where I went just to get my suspension done for my weight was evolution suspension. Let me know where your having trouble so I'll know what to expect? I see u say u got Dave Moss for shock, he does forks to.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well actually he says that he has the ohlins shock and dave moss forks. I'm assuming then that you had Catalyst Reaction do your suspension work.

The question i have, and no offense, is what is wrong with the forks? do the suspension people also say there's a problem? or is it just you who feels like there is? i'm saying this because normally I would assume that if the suspension people acknowledged that there was an issue, that they would fix it.

2007 600rr

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I noticed that after I posted but I agree with u, they should know if there are problems and NOT charge him again. So it's got to be something else.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3lusions03 View Post
well actually he says that he has the ohlins shock and dave moss forks. I'm assuming then that you had Catalyst Reaction do your suspension work.

The question i have, and no offense, is what is wrong with the forks? do the suspension people also say there's a problem? or is it just you who feels like there is? i'm saying this because normally I would assume that if the suspension people acknowledged that there was an issue, that they would fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF600RR View Post
I noticed that after I posted but I agree with u, they should know if there are problems and NOT charge him again. So it's got to be something else.
It's a high speed compression issue. They are still working on it. Believe me it took me 6 months to bring it in in the first place because I couldn't believe the fork revalve could be the problem. It's in now for a 3rd time, and yes they have ridden it and agree it's not right. It's just hard to not be disheartened when it was in the 2nd time, got charged for some of the work, and still wasn't fixed. I'll update everything when I can, this is why I didn't want to go into too much detail yet. Like I said, I really like the guys so I hope they get me right again, they seem more determined this time to figure it out.

Bazzaz FI/AFM

Woodcraft frame sliders - Demented swingarm spools - Rushkie-patented FE and guages

Last edited by Rushkie; 12-17-2009 at 12:54 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well then, i'll take my comment back about your feel of the bike. I am very surprised to know that even when they acknowledge the forks are not done right, that they don't fix it for free. that sucks.

I have heard lots of good things about them, so its quite strange to hear about this issue. let us know how it ends. thanks.

2007 600rr

Last edited by D3lusions03; 12-17-2009 at 07:14 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Ok, so to close up this thread:

My suspension troubles have been solved, and Dave and Jim at Catalyst Reaction put a lot of work in on their own time to get me and my bike right! I don't think anyone knows what exactly the problem was with the forks but apparently they wound up rebuilding the forks 3 times with different valving combinations and chose new springs. Once that was working the bike still wasn't right so we also identified an out-of-whack installed preload setting on my shock (something separate from the hydraulic preload adjuster), which is strange since I bought it brand new and should be set reasonably from the factory. In other words, the whole bike was a complete mess, and now thanks to Dave and co. it feels track-ready.

Anyways, to anyone who saw this thread or comes across it: I didn't mean for this to become a discussion about Catalyst, it's just after spending good money on a fork revalve and Ohlins shock and not getting anywhere even after taking it in, I was starting to get frustrated....I can't explain how awful the suspension was...it was like a bicycle. With no tires. So I was just trying to find out what all my options were. As of today my problems are pretty much solved, and in the end got a good deal with the work they did to figure everything out. There's a reason I've been going to them for the 2 years I've had this bike instead of take, say, my shock problems to Dan Kyle even though that's who I bought it from (let's just say he had a sale and that's that).

At this point the front feels the slightest bit stiff and unhappy still compared to the rear over some road surfaces even at a fairly neutral compression setting but hopefully this is something within the realm of settings now. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks!

Bazzaz FI/AFM

Last edited by Rushkie; 12-22-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page