SuperBike schools - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SuperBike schools

Ok, I have just completed my season 2 months ago (8.5k miles under my belt..all backroads and corners) and thought to myself that I really liked cornering. So I decided to look up a couple of schools MotorcycleXcitement and Keith codes CSB school.

The school that I have decided to attend was Keith's but I wanted to see if there was anybody here that went to the school and really got their money worth($450). I'm looking to get better at riding my motorcycle and a couple of my friends suggested I take it to the track, so that's why I'm here. I need some help with my decision..Preferably would like someone that maybe just started riding the track and has taken the class or someone who has taken the class and has been riding better because of it.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 06:33 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Where do you live? If you want to improve your riding the track is the place to do it. Prepare to be addicted!

WERA Expert #816
2007 600RR
http://www.ridepre.com/
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I live in MD, but a couple of us from DCSportbikes.com are going to hit the Track together and one of the TD's are at the NJMP..I did also hear that it was addicting and I hope that it is, cuz I do want to start racing...eventually.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 07:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Both tracks at NJMP are great. I'm not sure what schools are available there but consider NESBA for a trackday.http://www.nesba.com/ I If you are proactive and ask the CR's will give you a lot of help. I have heard good things about Codes school. If you want to come down to VIR and want to do a school check out Cornerspeed.http://www.cornerspeed.net/

WERA Expert #816
2007 600RR
http://www.ridepre.com/
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
My first experience at the track was Code's school. I had about 12 months and 6,000 street miles of experience when I took his school at Streets of Willows. I started doing track days immediately after his school (the next week). If I had to do it over again, I would not change a thing. Code's school will teach you techniques you need and help make the transition to the track less stressful. Therefore, I definitely recommend the class first, followed by track days.

2008 600RR - track only - sold
2009 Ducati Monster 1100S - sold
I am bikeless
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 07:05 PM
fall down 7times get up 8

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
any focused school is gonna be worthwhile
good thing w/code is he has lots of literature & dvds to enable easy relay of information
i personally don't agree w/code on 'counter steering' is the ONLY method to make a modern sportbike change direction. they also shy away from using the rear brake or training involved using rear brake. since i started riding on dirtbikes; my use of rear brake is probably more than most. while i disagree w/code & company regarding these two issues there are tons of helpful information on everything else regarding riding a sportbike properly. so, i take the info that assists me in achieving my goals & leave whatever i disagree with out of it

most people that make it out to a trackday end up doing as many as they can afford afterwards. remember to take it one thing @ a time or not to overload your brain working on many things @ once.
mistakes made @ track speed can be lethal, no need to hurry your learning along. it's also very good to start w/quality instruction so you don't establish or develop any negative habits while riding on track

good luck & post up whenever you get out there

race/ride support 2004 & beyond

"fall down seven times, get up eight"

" can't stop stupid sir, i can only slow it down....."

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i was looking to take codes school on June 12 @ streets of willow. I've been to a handfull of trackdays already. Would you say i will learn alot ,or am i better off getting feedback from the control riders that help me out already?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Knee Dragger

As JavyDay said, prepare to be addicted. I've done 2 track days and now the bike is going to track only. I will be taking a school eventually but not sure which one. As with everything there is a 100 ways to skin a cat so I'm sure you can take a little bit from everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page