Looking to get to a track - NC - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looking to get to a track - NC

I know that CMP holds some trackdays, but I don't know of any other tracks in the area (besides VIR).

Are there any trackdays coming up in North Carolina/Virgina any time soon?

I'm not really too sure where to look for this info/etc.

Thanks for the help guys!

Joe

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Training Wheel Hero
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Check out NESBA.com

The only good tracks around here are CMP and VIR, but I prefer VIR. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of events at VIR this summer, one at North Course this month, and I'll be doing the one on Full Course on July 16th. You should come. $195 for members.
Patr1ck is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 07:45 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
xrated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 18 miles from the Gap
Posts: 903
Thanks: 34
Thanked 127 Times in 82 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You need to check out Sportbike Tracktime as well.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.biz/Seasonschedule.aspx

A great group of trackday folks that will certainly make you feel at home with them. I've been riding with them since 2005.

Vern....STT Southern Region Instructor

If it ain't fast........It ain't fun!!

2014 Yamaha FZ09 highly modded
2008 GSX-R 750..... Track Bike
2008 ST1300
xrated is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 07:53 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,369
Thanks: 6
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
http://motorcyclexcitement.com/ couple west virginia track days in there

04 cbr 600RR sold
2010 cbr1k-pita
newbie04RR is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome!

I appreciate all the feedback guys!

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 04:05 PM
The Asian Persuasion
 
Phatstud's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 423/865
Posts: 28,564
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 65 reviews
CMP would be the easiest. Also Road Atl.
Know a few people in Charlotte that hit up both regularly.

Phatstud is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patr1ck View Post
Check out NESBA.com

The only good tracks around here are CMP and VIR, but I prefer VIR. I'm pretty sure they have a lot of events at VIR this summer, one at North Course this month, and I'll be doing the one on Full Course on July 16th. You should come. $195 for members.
That would be fun!

I'm itching to get to the track, but don't know how to get started. :/

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Too short to drag knee.
 
makct04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,484
Thanks: 399
Thanked 251 Times in 214 Posts
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye_sti View Post
That would be fun!

I'm itching to get to the track, but don't know how to get started. :/

It's easier than you think meng. Check out the Org's website and figure out what you need for gear for yourself and bike prep requirements. After that if you don't have a trailer just ask around here or the local forum, i'm sure someone can help you with a ride or trailer your bike down to the track.

It's a lot of fun!

LRRS/CCS AM #521

makct04 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Moto GP Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Charlotte_NC OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER
Posts: 3,836
Thanks: 3
Thanked 108 Times in 96 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Most of our guys hit CMP and VIR regularly. They also run down to Road Atlanta and Roebling Road near Savannah, GA. Also, don't forget about Jenning in Flordia. The FL and GA tracks may be a bit of a drive but are tons of fun.
HardRacing is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
It's easier than you think meng. Check out the Org's website and figure out what you need for gear for yourself and bike prep requirements. After that if you don't have a trailer just ask around here or the local forum, i'm sure someone can help you with a ride or trailer your bike down to the track.

It's a lot of fun!
I have all the gear, besides slider pucks. I guess I'm just nervous to pull the trigger because I don't really have anyone to go with to be like, "Yeah dude let's go!"

VIR is only 2 hours away; I was thinking about just driving the bike up there and having my girlfriend tag along in her car.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I hope I can get to the track soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRacing. View Post
Most of our guys hit CMP and VIR regularly. They also run down to Road Atlanta and Roebling Road near Savannah, GA. Also, don't forget about Jenning in Flordia. The FL and GA tracks may be a bit of a drive but are tons of fun.
All tracks that I'd love to attend.

Is there another forum that you guys are on?

07 CBR600RR

Last edited by byebye_sti; 06-23-2010 at 10:05 AM.
byebye_sti is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Too short to drag knee.
 
makct04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,484
Thanks: 399
Thanked 251 Times in 214 Posts
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye_sti View Post
I have all the gear, besides slider pucks. I guess I'm just nervous to pull the trigger because I don't really have anyone to go with to be like, "Yeah dude let's go!"

VIR is only 2 hours away; I was thinking about just driving the bike up there and having my girlfriend tag along in her car.

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I hope I can get to the track soon.



All tracks that I'd love to attend.

Is there another forum that you guys are on?

Slider pucks for the suit or for the bike? I don't think your goal should be to be draggin knee on your first trackday. Just have fun.

You should find some local forums with track junkies. Google it if you have to. People are willing to help you out if you're willing to help them out. Riding 8 or 9 sessions on the track is going to make you tired meng. Riding home after that might be asking too much. Ask around for a ride and someone should have an open spot.

LRRS/CCS AM #521

makct04 is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Official Sponsor
 
TrackTactics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: West Coast - California
Posts: 374
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Joe,
Click on the link please hope this will help.

Track day organization nationwide.

http://www.tracktactics.org/index.ph...d=60&Itemid=64

Tracktactics Marketing Steve
TrackTactics is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
Slider pucks for the suit or for the bike? I don't think your goal should be to be draggin knee on your first trackday. Just have fun.

You should find some local forums with track junkies. Google it if you have to. People are willing to help you out if you're willing to help them out. Riding 8 or 9 sessions on the track is going to make you tired meng. Riding home after that might be asking too much. Ask around for a ride and someone should have an open spot.
Slider pucks for my suit. I don't plan on draggin' knee first day. I really want to work on head/body position, braking, etc. I just figured that the knee pucks were a necessity.

All the local forums that I've found aren't very active. :(

I'll have to keep looking, or find some people on here.

Yeah, that was my main concern as well. If I could find someone to go with, who could trailer my bike along with theirs, that would be superb.

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Too short to drag knee.
 
makct04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,484
Thanks: 399
Thanked 251 Times in 214 Posts
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Check out Nesba they have a active forum that should be a good for your purposes...

LRRS/CCS AM #521

makct04 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I appreciate all your help makct04. :)

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Too short to drag knee.
 
makct04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,484
Thanks: 399
Thanked 251 Times in 214 Posts
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye_sti View Post
I appreciate all your help makct04. :)
No problem meng...

LRRS/CCS AM #521

makct04 is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Off-topic, but I saw your thread about NHMS.

My parents live up in NH, and I might be moving back up that way. If that's the case, I'll definitely be attending some of the upcoming NHMS events, as that track is about 15 minutes from my old apartment up there.

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Too short to drag knee.
 
makct04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,484
Thanks: 399
Thanked 251 Times in 214 Posts
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebye_sti View Post
Off-topic, but I saw your thread about NHMS.

My parents live up in NH, and I might be moving back up that way. If that's the case, I'll definitely be attending some of the upcoming NHMS events, as that track is about 15 minutes from my old apartment up there.

Lets do this meng!! Get back here before Aug 8th so I can sleep at your apt on the 9th!


EDIT - Less than a week away from my first two trackdays (June 15/16th) i'm about to sign up for my next one and its on July 5th. Be careful the track bug is a very powerful one!

LRRS/CCS AM #521


Last edited by makct04; 06-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
makct04 is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
Lets do this meng!! Get back here before Aug 8th so I can sleep at your apt on the 9th!


EDIT - Less than a week away from my first two trackdays (June 15/16th) i'm about to sign up for my next one and its on July 5th. Be careful the track bug is a very powerful one!
Haha, I'm sure I'll be back before then, so I'll definitely let you know.

Oh yeah, I'm sure. I get addicted easily. I'm addicted to the local go-kart track, and to running my VR4 at the track. Gets expensive.

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 935
Thanks: 0
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
+1 to check out NESBA. There are a bunch of VIR days coming up. If you have any questions PM me. Where do you live in NC?

WERA Expert #816
2007 600RR
http://www.ridepre.com/
JavyDay is offline  
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm in Concord, NC.

I would love to get out to one of the VIR days coming up!

PM'd you.

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 102
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So how many laps does $200 get ya
jbennett4 is offline  
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Too short to drag knee.
 
makct04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,484
Thanks: 399
Thanked 251 Times in 214 Posts
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbennett4 View Post
So how many laps does $200 get ya
As many as you want without crashing...

Seriously though, its usually like 8 or 9 sessions. They are 20 mins each at most orgs. Depending on the track size and your speed you can probably get in quite a few laps per session.

LRRS/CCS AM #521

makct04 is offline  
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer
 
byebye_sti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ugh, itching to get to the track ASAP.

07 CBR600RR
byebye_sti is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome