Mid-Ohio 20 MAY Video - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More Mid-Ohio 20 MAY Video

Yes, I know this is from a month ago, but I am just getting to it.

This first video was put together by a friend...lives around the corner, and works in the same office. He rides a buell XB12R, and i trailed him for a few laps.

Let me know what you think. I will upload a couple of the pieces I have put together soon.

PB_Crisp
2006 F4i = 16000+mi.
2007 600RR = 5000+mi

Last edited by pbcrisp; 07-05-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 03:52 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pretty cool vid!

07 CBR600RR
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

~1:47 lap.

three cameras running at the same time.
Tried to change my downshifting technique for this lap.
Decided to just hit the brakes, and then bang three downshifts all together at the end. Definitely didn't let the clutch out smooth enough, and I straight suck at blipping. wrap that all together, and you get a lot of tire squeel and a little squirely.

Enjoy, and please comment.

let me know if the link doesnt work as well as youtube or google video. I can put it there if need be.

PB_Crisp
2006 F4i = 16000+mi.
2007 600RR = 5000+mi

Last edited by pbcrisp; 07-03-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: trying to get video to embed

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice video, I like the side by side videos with Nickelback,cant go wrong there. How you do the side by side?

Not that im any better of a rider but you sure get your lower half over on the bike, head needs to follow. I thought I was hanging off my bike until I saw my video and my head was barely outside the windscreen.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvcruiser View Post
Nice video, I like the side by side videos with Nickelback,cant go wrong there. How you do the side by side?

Not that im any better of a rider but you sure get your lower half over on the bike, head needs to follow. I thought I was hanging off my bike until I saw my video and my head was barely outside the windscreen.
Curious what you mean? From the first video = side-by-side = not sure you can see my body position. When i am pressing hard/going fast, I think I get my head and upper body down pretty well. when I am going slow/behind someone slower, I tend to relax and ride a little upright...until it is time to pass.

PB_Crisp
2006 F4i = 16000+mi.
2007 600RR = 5000+mi
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

So, here is another.
This is just a compilation of the passes from one session...until the camera completely bugs out. I tend to do most of my passing on the brakes, and I think it is because I am a bit heavier. 6-1, and 190+. Also, I can carry decent corner speed, but I am not fully comfortable passing AND this was Intermediate. I try to pass courteously.

Towards the end of the clip, the camera power plug rattled loose.
After the 3:00 point, it gets a little hard to follow.

At 3:25, the video cuts to me trailing an R1. I had pulled up behind him almost a whole lap prior. On the front straight, I was able to pull up along side him, and I am pretty sure he saw me...then I braked early and pulled in behind him again. It would have been a stuff-pass, and I don't like to do that.

Anyway, I got a better drive out of the keyhole, and pulled along side again going down the back straight 3:35. I am pretty good at braking late...especially for Intermediate (and especially for 3rd trackday...I like to think).

He brakes first 3:45. I was at 150, and I think he stopped accelerating at about 145. He sees me go past and decides to LET OFF the BRAKES!

I am assuming that about a second latter he realized that was a bad idea, and I guess he target fixated. 3:48.

You can see the black streak 3:51. from his back tire. He got it slowed down pretty good, and I watched him tip over at about 20mph into the beach.

Let me know what you think.
My riding,and the passing, and the mistakes, and etc.
Thanks.

PB_Crisp
2006 F4i = 16000+mi.
2007 600RR = 5000+mi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page