Njmp 8/7-8/2010 - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 12:05 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Njmp 8/7-8/2010

hey i have my first trackday this day..anyone else going?

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
lmfao. bout time you stopped makin that bike pretty and take it to the track suckaaaa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 02:10 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
what organization is it? I see it isn't NESBA or TPM

2007 600RR - Arata Full Ti, Bazzaz ZFI/AFM, Pipercross Race filter, Repsol 4T synthetic, 520 ERV3 conversion, 15/43 renthal sprockets, Galfer Superbike brake lines, Vesrah RJL's, Bridgestone BT002 Pro Soft/Medium, Vortex rearsets, Ten kate replica intake, red/white/black rattle can spray job.

R.I.P. Chenhan Wu aka Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010. May you find Peace and may Peace find you.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

uh.."sportbike track time" . hope its fun..yeh i kno slaps, gotta try this track thing out b4 i continue my showbike/endless modding lol

2008 red 600rr
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 12:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll be there both days. I signed up with STT but Absolute Cycle is also doing track days at thunderbolt on the same days... I guess they must have partnered up or something.
You'll have a great time. I've done Thunderbolt and lightning (once each) and I like thunderbolt best.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ajay, i will probably be there too, not sure if this is gonna be my first or just as a spectator, ill be there with my cousin and a few guys from gixxer.com, but i will have my bike and full gear if i do go.

and yes STT and absolute have partnered up for some events, this is gonna be one of them.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I'll be there on Sunday so make sure you come over and rent and NSR50 for some track time on the mini course.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i be there on sat.

600rr with #52 plate

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

This was sick

2008 red 600rr
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygraci View Post
This was sick
yes it was, i wish i would have remembered to try to find you, where was your pit stall? im sure i saw you around too.

I was surprised with the amount of crashes today, from what we could tell their was probably 15 or more!!

one of my friends was the blue and white GSXR that scattered parts and brake fluid everywhere.

You probably even saw me squidding it up all day riding around the paddocks.

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 PM
World Superbike Racer

yea i had a great time. which groups were you guys in?

There's a lot of crashes out there. but the org did a great job. Saw a guy crashed and he was siting on the exit of t1. A guy on a mint white/red R6 crashed on last session also. I hope they are all okay.

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP3hatch03 View Post
which groups were you guys in?
i was in the waited to long before i registered class, so i just went down to hang out with my cousin and friends, i got to play pit b!tch.

ill be signed up for 9/12 for ART1 with TPM.

there was a guy that crashed on turn 7 or 8 maybe on the first sighting lap of the first session of the day.

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
yea i had a great time. which groups were you guys in?

There's a lot of crashes out there. but the org did a great job. Saw a guy crashed and he was siting on the exit of t1. A guy on a mint white/red R6 crashed on last session also. I hope they are all okay.
I was there both days and I have to disagree with you on STT. I was in the novice group. My buddy was intermediate. We both had the same opinion. The coaches and staff were great. Very friendly and very helpful but overall I think it was a $hitshow. I've ridden with NESBA, TPM, and TTD and I would pick any of those three over STT from my experience this weekend.
The track day was great and me and my buddies had a ton of fun but there were way too many crashes and no one enforcing or followign rules. Of course most of that could be attributed to the huge number of asshats on the track but they should have had more controls.
First off I was told that lunch was at 12 but apparently it was at 1. So i missed a session there on saturday...no big deal since I was there for 2 days. My biggest issue was with the illegal passing. I dont care if a coach passes me on the inside of a turn because they know what they're doing... But I got passed on the inside of a turn before the apex on a yellow flag and the coach was right there watching and did/said nothing to the rider. I was about 10 feet behind another rider at the time and this guy just dove into the turn infront of me just to get between the 2 of us. I had been waiting to pass the guy in front of me but I wanted to do it safely and not on a yellow flag. I ended up just passing them both in the next short straight. This was very typical behavior for the day so I just pulled into the pits, waited for the track to clear up (since all 40 riders in the novice group were within 600ft of each other) and then went back out and if felt like I had the track to myself for a while.
I dont know if it was STT or just a super high ratio of idiots but there were more crashes this weekend than I have seen in my past 5-6 track days combined. Most organizations have clearly defined passing rules for the novice group (and usually intermediate as well) but if there were passing rules I wasnt told about them. It was pretty much a free-for-all.
I will ride with STT again because they were all very friendly, experienced, and willing to help but if my next track day with them ends up like this past weekend I probably wont give them another shot.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

On a positive note though there were lots of things STT did that I thought were great.
-We did a track walk on Saturday evening. Never done a track walk before. I dont recall other groups offering it but maybe I just wasnt paying enough attention.
-classroom sessions were really good. They actually brought a bike into the room and taught you about proper body positioning. They had everyone sit on the bike and critiqued their body positioning.
That was great and I learned alot from them. I just wish they did a better job of controlling the pandemonium on the track. Seems like everone was too concerned about passing and not about improving their riding ability.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

redis i was on that gold bike.. where u the asian on the silver 08 600rr? i was behind someone really slow waiting to pass then i got passed on the inside also..

2008 red 600rr
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:40 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

On a red/black 600rr but not asian. I was with another guy in a silver BMW adventure tourer that ended up going down on Sunday afternoon. There were way too many people crashing and just no reason for it. Another friend of mine in the intermeidate group said 2 bikes collided and went down on Saturday. After the first few sessions on Saturday I just tried to stay as far away from everyone else as possible. Funny thing about the novice group is that all the riders tend to bunch together. All you need to do is pit in, hang out for a bit and go back out and you'll have the whole track to yourself.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 02:42 PM
World Superbike Racer

I was in A group so i have no idea what the rules are for Novice. But I did remember the dude said lunch is at 1 during the riders meeting.

It was a little pack so i won't be surprised there're crashing in the groups. people always ride over their heads

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
I was in A group so i have no idea what the rules are for Novice.
Neither did I...and that was the problem I dont think they had any rules and if they did they didnt go over them. Other groups I'v ridden with only allow passing on straights, or after the apex. Some let you pass on the outside of turns. I was at VIR and there were 3 crashes in the morning and they pulled us in and told us to cut the **** or they were going to start kicking people of the track. That seemed to do the trick. Youre right, people ride over their heads and thats exactly why there should be rules in the novice group. People start getting a little quick, next thing you know they think that they're Rossi and they're stuffing people in turns.

Seems like just about every other session was cut short because of a red flag. My buddy in the Intermediate group had the same issue. I've been to thunderbolt when there were just as many bikes on the track but have never seen so many people go down. maybe it was just a disproportionately high number of D-bags on the track that day...I dont know.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 04:01 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisFaster View Post
Neither did I...and that was the problem I dont think they had any rules and if they did they didnt go over them. Other groups I'v ridden with only allow passing on straights, or after the apex. Some let you pass on the outside of turns. I was at VIR and there were 3 crashes in the morning and they pulled us in and told us to cut the **** or they were going to start kicking people of the track. That seemed to do the trick. Youre right, people ride over their heads and thats exactly why there should be rules in the novice group. People start getting a little quick, next thing you know they think that they're Rossi and they're stuffing people in turns.

Seems like just about every other session was cut short because of a red flag. My buddy in the Intermediate group had the same issue. I've been to thunderbolt when there were just as many bikes on the track but have never seen so many people go down. maybe it was just a disproportionately high number of D-bags on the track that day...I dont know.
yea it might be. i know the novice group have to attend the school. did they announce the rules when you were in the classroom?

sorry to hear that i coudlnt' imagine having novice riders passing on the inside w/o knowing what they are doing.

and yeah TPM did the same thing when i was in I, CR was pissed telling people to cut the crap or they will start kicking people out. didn't see any crashes after.

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 04:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I attended all of the classroom sessions and they were quite informative...but they did not go over passing rules because I dont think there were any. I just dont think thats a good idea for the novice group.
The first half of the day you supposed to follow the instructor around for each session and not pass although people were still passing. The second half of the day was pretty much a free-for-all. The follow the leader thing was cool but not for half the day. I was there for Saturday and Sunday and felt like I wasted my morning on Sunday playing follow the leader (at very slow speeds) when I could have been having fun and applying what I learned on the previous day.
I guess once you get to the "A" group that your in, it doesnt matter who you ride with because everyone in that group knows how to ride well and you can be confident that your not going to get taken out (most of the time).
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

ohh redis now i remember you i saw your bike... it even had a yoshi exhaust rite?? same color bike as mine and exhaust (with street fiarings on).. but you have a weird looking taillight on it..should get the IT.

2008 red 600rr
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 09:10 AM
World Superbike Racer

pictures are up on event photo now

http://eventphotonow.com/

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygraci View Post
ohh redis now i remember you i saw your bike... it even had a yoshi exhaust rite?? same color bike as mine and exhaust (with street fiarings on).. but you have a weird looking taillight on it..should get the IT.

nah...still not me. There were alot of red/black rr's there. I have the stock exhaust and an 03 clear alternatives tail that I modified to fit into the tail....pretty much copied what Browningbuck did.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisFaster View Post
nah...still not me. There were alot of red/black rr's there. I have the stock exhaust and an 03 clear alternatives tail that I modified to fit into the tail....pretty much copied what Browningbuck did.
are you #111?

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Yeah thats me. Didnt bother looking at the pics but I'll probably check them out later. I imagine they all suck since most of each day was spend doing the whole follow the leader thing at 40-50mph. I did a total of 13 sessions over 2 days-missed one because of lunch on saturday and skipped the last 2 on sunday so that I could get home before 10pm. Out of the 13 sessions, 8 of them were follow the leader format. I guess thats why I'm not 100% happy about the weekend. I would have liked alot more "free time" on the track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page