No More Monticello? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
jross993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 381
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
No More Monticello?

Is monticello motor club ( ny) not doing any trackdays this year? I checked the sportbike track time schedule and they didn't have any dates listed. What's up?
jross993 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
03cbr-rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 5,702
Thanks: 213
Thanked 605 Times in 479 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm wondering about this too. I was told nesba didn't want to do the track because it was unsafe ( which is bullshit ) but I'm not sure.
03cbr-rider is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:44 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
colombian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 534
Images: 1
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
no more they dont like bikes
colombian is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
jross993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 381
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Is that the only reason? I mean I wouldn't be surprised since its a private club...
jross993 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 11:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
colombian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 534
Images: 1
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross993 View Post
Is that the only reason? I mean I wouldn't be surprised since its a private club...
is probably about money,like you said it is a private club so.
colombian is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Knee Dragger
 
HiSpeed48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brooklyn / Rockland
Posts: 214
Thanks: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i heard the same thing. that they don't want bikes on their track anymore.

i was really looking forward to doing a trackday there this year. sucks.

'07 Pearl White
HiSpeed48 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
jross993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 381
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Damn that sucks, that was my favorite track.
jross993 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
03cbr-rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 5,702
Thanks: 213
Thanked 605 Times in 479 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
so now us guys in new york can't ride walkens glen and we can't ride monticello........this is why I love living in new york. ******* sucks I hate living here.
03cbr-rider is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
stex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hempstead (Hofstra U) NY
Posts: 1,991
Images: 12
Thanks: 13
Thanked 34 Times in 28 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that blows so what do we got here? NJ motorway and thats it?
and VIR but that kind of far


cbr 600 RR 2004
Driven D3's
DDM HID 55w 6k high/low
CRG Adjustable Levers (Gray)

www.facebook.com/stexmne
R.I.P. Phatstud
BB Pin 23BC2D2B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
4. I believe you are born with the motorcycle fever in your blood
stex is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
jross993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 381
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Loudon up in NH. I like NJMP but the drive down there sucks, there's always traffic no matter what time of day it is.
jross993 is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Knee Dragger
 
HiSpeed48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brooklyn / Rockland
Posts: 214
Thanks: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I wish Lime Rock Park in CT allowed motorcycles

'07 Pearl White
HiSpeed48 is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:00 PM
Knee Dragger
 
captmarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nyack, NY
Posts: 135
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Monti is F-ing OUT. Apparently they only want movie stars and stockbrokers with a 6 figure initiation fee riding on their beloved track. It's a shame too, the 66 layout is SICK. Sportbike track time had a shot, but got denied last minute. It might have something to do with their last outing there, I heard they couldn't finish a single lap without a crash, all day long, every session. Did not bode well for future motorcycle track days. TPM was going for it too, but in the end they wanted it "private and elite".

Limerock is no good for motorcycles, no run off and lots of walls. TPM is doing Pocono raceway this year, which isn't too far from NYC/Tri-state. NJMP is pretty sweet though, but you are right about traffic. I usually try to show up between 10pm and 1am the day before a track day, and go right to sleep. You still have Loudon, and Summit Point in WV, both about 5 hours drive from NYC.

It would be really nice though if we could get a Monti-esque track somewhere within an hour of NYC (without the snobs and crazy elitist memberships). Maybe somewhere on Long Island, or Rockland county even. Now that would something! One can only hope....
captmarc is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Knee Dragger
 
captmarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nyack, NY
Posts: 135
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stex View Post
that blows so what do we got here? NJ motorway and thats it?
and VIR but that kind of far

Yo Stex, what track is that in your sig?
captmarc is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
jross993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 381
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmarc View Post
Monti is F-ing OUT. Apparently they only want movie stars and stockbrokers with a 6 figure initiation fee riding on their beloved track. It's a shame too, the 66 layout is SICK. Sportbike track time had a shot, but got denied last minute. It might have something to do with their last outing there, I heard they couldn't finish a single lap without a crash, all day long, every session. Did not bode well for future motorcycle track days. TPM was going for it too, but in the end they wanted it "private and elite".

Limerock is no good for motorcycles, no run off and lots of walls. TPM is doing Pocono raceway this year, which isn't too far from NYC/Tri-state. NJMP is pretty sweet though, but you are right about traffic. I usually try to show up between 10pm and 1am the day before a track day, and go right to sleep. You still have Loudon, and Summit Point in WV, both about 5 hours drive from NYC.

It would be really nice though if we could get a Monti-esque track somewhere within an hour of NYC (without the snobs and crazy elitist memberships). Maybe somewhere on Long Island, or Rockland county even. Now that would something! One can only hope....
Yeah I was there that last outing at monticello, it was ridiculous. I don't think I got a full session in all day, there were so many crashes. Im not sure what it was, but I left early cuz it was so frustrating. It was kinda cold that day so some of them must have been from people not warming up their tires. Most of them weren't bad but I think 2 people had to get taken off in the ambulance.
jross993 is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Summit NJ
Posts: 1,959
Thanks: 159
Thanked 167 Times in 135 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
http://www.sttforum.com/sttforum/viewtopic.php?t=8986


Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
1/4milecrazy is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Knee Dragger
 
captmarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nyack, NY
Posts: 135
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, it's a real shame, I am sure it contributed to Monti's decision to nix us "paupers". I was told (could be complete bs), that STT lets the rider choose what group they belong in, i.e. novice, intermediate, expert. If that's true, that's just crazy. Every hero squid would call himself an expert and find a real expert having to deal with that guys very novice riding. Was that your experience?

I think STT was relying so heavily on Monti, that when it didn't happen, they didn't have a NE venue to pursue. If you notice, they have nothing up here for 2011.
captmarc is offline  
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
1/4milecrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Summit NJ
Posts: 1,959
Thanks: 159
Thanked 167 Times in 135 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by captmarc View Post
Yeah, it's a real shame, I am sure it contributed to Monti's decision to nix us "paupers". I was told (could be complete bs), that STT lets the rider choose what group they belong in, i.e. novice, intermediate, expert. If that's true, that's just crazy. Every hero squid would call himself an expert and find a real expert having to deal with that guys very novice riding. Was that your experience?

I think STT was relying so heavily on Monti, that when it didn't happen, they didn't have a NE venue to pursue. If you notice, they have nothing up here for 2011.
Yes STT allows anyone to sign up in any group they want, but they do ask your experience before actually signing you up but not a good idea IMO.

According to the way i see it is that someone at MMC thought that STT was gonna be the exclusive track day org of MMC and they turned down all other orgs, and then at the last minute MMC backed out and now nobody gets anything. and because of that STT couldnt get anymore dates anywhere else cause the other orgs scooped up all the available days


Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
1/4milecrazy is offline  
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
jross993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 381
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Yeah I ride advanced with stt and there are always some guys riding scary slow. You blow by them like they're standing still. If I was in advanced and I was getting passed by every other rider id be like, hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be here...
jross993 is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Knee Dragger
 
captmarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nyack, NY
Posts: 135
Thanks: 9
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jross993 View Post
Yeah I ride advanced with stt and there are always some guys riding scary slow. You blow by them like they're standing still. If I was in advanced and I was getting passed by every other rider id be like, hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be here...
That's the problem, people just aren't smart enough to self govern themselves. Having a novice in advanced group is just plain dangerous, and it's not fair to the expert guys either. Plus, part of the challenge of track days is getting the bump because you earned it. For that reason, I don't think I would ever ride with STT. Not knocking them, but this sport is dangerous enough, no need to add any more danger to it unnecessarily.
captmarc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome