Blackhawk Farms Track Days - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Blackhawk Farms Track Days

My local track (Gateway Intl. Raceway) has recently closed, so I will be doing some traveling for track days this year. Does anyone here have experience with the Wednesday track days at Blackhawk? I'm curious as to how many bikes actually show up ride in the middle of the week. It works out well for me because I have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, but I can't imagine that it would be very crowded with most people working during the week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 06:09 PM
BOTM Winner 07/12

Garage
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I go to almost every one. They usually run 4 group at 15 mins each. They do three groups if the turnout isnt big. Believe it or not, they are pretty busy normally. Most days I went to last year were full. Not saying that if you showed up the day of that you woudnt get a spot but last year there were a few days they had to make room or turn people away with four groups.

08'RR
Akra Evo TI - Bazzaz ZfiTc - Acumen Gear Indicator - Yoyo Stay - Keyless Mod - Michelin Power Cup - HRC overflow - ECUnleashed
Yoyo Slipper - Galfer Lines - HRC Rear Res - HRC Throttle - Woodcraft Sliders - Woodcraft Rearsets - Servo Mod - Samco Hoses
BMC - Hotbodies - Brembo RCS19 - Penske 8987 & 20mm Valving - ASV Levers - Rk 520 - GPR Damper - EBC XC Rotors
Woodcraft Clipons - Gilles Chain Adjuster - R&R Subframe - PAIR Mod - Cox Rad Guard - MOYT 4 cell - Factory Pro Shift Star
The Following User Says Thank You to 03WisconsinRR For This Useful Post:
DarkTint (03-16-2011)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Wow. Cool man, thanks for the info. I'm assuming they don't have a paddock area, so if I want some shade I should bring an ez-up canopy, correct?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:42 PM
BOTM Winner 07/12

Garage
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Yea, they have some wooded areas but you'll need a tent of some kind. Your allowed to pit almost anywhere on the infield service roads but most pit on or around the front straight.

08'RR
Akra Evo TI - Bazzaz ZfiTc - Acumen Gear Indicator - Yoyo Stay - Keyless Mod - Michelin Power Cup - HRC overflow - ECUnleashed
Yoyo Slipper - Galfer Lines - HRC Rear Res - HRC Throttle - Woodcraft Sliders - Woodcraft Rearsets - Servo Mod - Samco Hoses
BMC - Hotbodies - Brembo RCS19 - Penske 8987 & 20mm Valving - ASV Levers - Rk 520 - GPR Damper - EBC XC Rotors
Woodcraft Clipons - Gilles Chain Adjuster - R&R Subframe - PAIR Mod - Cox Rad Guard - MOYT 4 cell - Factory Pro Shift Star
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i like blackhawk even thoughturn 4 kicks my butt. pits are gravel a few asphalt spots. but there are trees by the bathrooms is where i pit some big trees help for shade. and why did gateway close? ive raced there in a kart before.

2006 Honda CBR 600RR Black

My Build Thread

Check it out! ^^^ you know you want to!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Apparently Gateway wasn't profitable enough so they owners put it for sale. I heard a couple days ago that a corporation was interested in it, but haven't heard anything since. Do you still race karts? I used to turn wrenches for a friend of mine on his karting team (PG Racing) and we traveled all over the midwest. Good times!

Is tech inspection at Blackhawk pretty strict on tires? Their packet says they require 70% of tread left, and I say mine would have about 40-50% left. At Gateway I could probably get away with it, but I would hate to travel and then find out my bike won't pass inspection because of tires. But I would also hate to get my tires swapped out when there is plenty of meat left on the current ones.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Pocketbike Racer

pg racing as in derek crocket? i used to race against him for a few races until i raced cars. id say the motovid trackdays at bhf are pretty relaxed on rules i think.

My Build Thread

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Damn it's a small world, I just got done sending Derek a message on facebook. Did you hear he just won the Supernats in Vegas? He's kicking some ass.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Pocketbike Racer

yes sir. im proud for him i got out of karting in mod 06. but im now getting back into it racing a kosmic kart with a rok tt tag engine

My Build Thread

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page