Anyone done this? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Question Anyone done this?

My girlfriend got me this as a gift, and I was just wondering if anybody's had any experience with it:

https://www.cloud9living.com/philade...orcycle-school

I'd be doing either the Pocono International Raceway, Long Pond, PA or the New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, NJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im interested too. free bump

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Don't mistake kindness for weakness
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

bump, anybody?

If not experience with the cloud 9 thing, has anybody done a track day at either of these places? Which would be a better choice?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Bueller, bueller

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Training Wheel Hero

im interested too
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

yea, oh well. Either nobody has ridden at either of those tracks (doubtful) or nobody noticed this thread, or nobody cares. It's already been paid for, so I'll let everybody know how it goes.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 10:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah def let us know man, thats not far from me.

LeoVince Factory EvoII CF S/O
Protons flushmounts
tripage CA seq tail
bb led & acumen mod
ASV levers
D3 grips
Spiegler SS race lines
Puig dk smoke DB windshield
Vitamin water/poland spring frame plugs
scorpio rLink Alarm
TechSpec tank grips
Woodcraft Cut sliders
EvoTech billet front brake res
Saddlemen Tech Seat
Driven D-Axis Rearsets

Nutcore DeGraffiti'd Build
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I really wish I could just get info from anybody about either of the tracks, because I'm sure they host regular track days too. I'm about in the middle, so it'd be nice to pick the better one.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

looks like you'll have to do both hahaha only way to know for sure
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Pocketbike Racer

When are you going to do it? I am thinking about doing the pocono raceway one because it is really close. My girlfriend offered to buy it as an early birthday present, haha.

Do you have all the gear? It says all the rental stuff comes with the price which is cool and a cheap way to get started. Either way I want to know everything you find out before i get it.

Also, it seems tech is easy to pass.

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dont know if I am too late or not but I definitely would pick NJMP over either of the other choices available. I heard pocono is bumpy, and as of right now all dates are on hold due to track surface repairs.

NJMP is a beautiful facility, I have ridden there many times and cant get enough.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:56 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

all i got to say is you got a cool gf lol.

06 CBR 600RR..... life is too short for traffic....

06 CBR 600RR
93 300ZX

If you love your bike, let it go. If it comes back to you, you just highsided...
The Following User Says Thank You to cbRacer For This Useful Post:
Irish_12 (07-04-2011)
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

It not too late! I'm planning on booking tonight. NJ it will be. It's closer anyway. Thanks man
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NJ for sure. I rode Pocono it's a narrow track with some bumps here and there. NJ is beautiful nuff said.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Man I wish I ran into this earlier. I also got a Cloud9Living gift from my wife. I'm booked for NJMP thunderbolt with Team Pro-Motion for this Saturday 7/2. I originally had it booked for the weekend of 6/25, but after checking their site and noticed it was for the Lightning track, I quickly switched it to the next Thunderbolt track day. It looks more fun with more turns and all.
I'll let you know how it goes.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways -
Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'

Last edited by Renato; 06-30-2011 at 08:54 AM.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

Lightning is just as much fun as Thunderbolt, T1 and T5 are totally blind, T1 usually has you getting on the throttle while still leaned over and the road just kinda drops out from underneath you. T5 is a blind right hander, off camber and leads to a nice "straight where you can get a lot of passing done both with the proper line and holding off till after the bridge for some serious braking before the sharp left hander(T7), where I am comingout so hard on the throttle the back of the bike is wiggling and fighting for traction. Which leads up to the "bowl" which is a LONG, FAST right hander with some decnet banking where you can carry a LOT of speed onto the straight. It has 1 slow turn and some people even go as afr as to say the track is mindless, but I disagree, I love Lightning and Thunderbolt equally. But neither of them are as challenging as VIR or Monticello(which is currently off limits to bikes.)

The Following User Says Thank You to 1/4milecrazy For This Useful Post:
Irish_12 (07-04-2011)
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 11:51 PM
Pocketbike Racer

TBH, I was just checking TPM fees, it's actually cheaper to go with Cloud9Living for the first time. The reason is because you get the rental of full gear.
Cloud9 = $220 track day plus rental of gear
TPM = $205 track day + $25 annual Bronze membership + gear rental (I can't find the rates on the site)
Just sayin

TPM does a great job with the ART basic class. After the rider meeting we start off in the classroom for about 20 minutes. Then when the white (beginner) group gets called up we play follow the leader, emphasizing on the race line (very important). It's a very good class. I highly recommend it.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways -
Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'
The Following User Says Thank You to Renato For This Useful Post:
Irish_12 (07-04-2011)
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

thanks for all this info guys! I'm getting really excited. Renato, did they send you a list of what you had to do to your bike to get it ready for the track? I have never tracked my bike before so I think I'll have a lot to do what with all the safety wiring. My day is the 19th if anybody knows someone who's going or wants to join!
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_12 View Post
thanks for all this info guys! I'm getting really excited. Renato, did they send you a list of what you had to do to your bike to get it ready for the track? I have never tracked my bike before so I think I'll have a lot to do what with all the safety wiring. My day is the 19th if anybody knows someone who's going or wants to join!
for your first day you do not have to safety wire anything, although doing the oil drain plug and filter is not a bda idea. You just need to tape up and disable the lights, blue painters tape works great and does not leave any residue when you remove it. You do not have to change the coolant or anything. make sure the fluids are up to date, tires and brake pads no more than 50% worn. You can remove the mirrors or just tape up the glass and fold them in. You shoul dprobably just remove the plate altogether, it just makes things easier.

I have an 09 and just took the whole tail piece of which removed the rear blinkers, brake lights and plate all at once. then just taped up the headlights and unplugged the bulbs. I chose to remove the mirrors as well, its only 4 bolts.

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Yeah like 1/4milecrazy said, you don't have to do much to the bike, just tape everything up. Make sure your tires aren't too worn (I replaced mines cos I had a few punctures) and also check your brake pads for wear. The info is on the site I think in the FAQ section. I would remove the mirrors instead of taping them up, it just gets in the way.

post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

So trackday was yesterday, and I wanted to post up last night but I was too exhausted and just went to bed instead. I had an absolute blast, and I definitely have the bug. I can't wait to do the next one. Basically cloud 9 just sets you up with TPM and then steps away, so it was exactly as if I signed up through TPM, just slightly cheaper.

The TPM class was pretty cool, especially for someone like me with zero track experience. It was really nice to play follow the leader and get comfortable as they very slowly increase the speed. By the end of the day when they turned us loose I was feeling great. The last white session had only me and three other guys in it because everybody left. All in all I had an absolute blast, and learned a whole lot about how to ride better. I was able to get my knee down a few times (more onto the curb than the track itself) but I also know that that's not really the point, just a byproduct.

So, in conclusion: cloud 9 is a viable way to go, TPM is a great group to work with for your first track day, and Thunderbolt is an awesome track. Now, I'm off to the classifieds to look for a track bike... or at least some track fairings
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_12 View Post
So trackday was yesterday, and I wanted to post up last night but I was too exhausted and just went to bed instead. I had an absolute blast, and I definitely have the bug. I can't wait to do the next one. Basically cloud 9 just sets you up with TPM and then steps away, so it was exactly as if I signed up through TPM, just slightly cheaper.

The TPM class was pretty cool, especially for someone like me with zero track experience. It was really nice to play follow the leader and get comfortable as they very slowly increase the speed. By the end of the day when they turned us loose I was feeling great. The last white session had only me and three other guys in it because everybody left. All in all I had an absolute blast, and learned a whole lot about how to ride better. I was able to get my knee down a few times (more onto the curb than the track itself) but I also know that that's not really the point, just a byproduct.

So, in conclusion: cloud 9 is a viable way to go, TPM is a great group to work with for your first track day, and Thunderbolt is an awesome track. Now, I'm off to the classifieds to look for a track bike... or at least some track fairings
Awesome, it is really addicting. I will be signing up for 8/6, hopefully it wont be too hot. I will be there with a pretty large group and we all enjoy helping out track newbies. If you want to sign up on that day and pit with/by us we would be more than happy to help you out.

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 05:21 PM
VP of Metal Operations

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Looks sweet Im not too far off from poconos. Im gonna take the advanced msf course for sport bikes that my old instructors just emailed me about first in couple months. Then this seriously has me interested, Thanks

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
Awesome, it is really addicting. I will be signing up for 8/6, hopefully it wont be too hot. I will be there with a pretty large group and we all enjoy helping out track newbies. If you want to sign up on that day and pit with/by us we would be more than happy to help you out.
Thanks for the offer, and I'd say yes in a heartbeat but I'm already going to be back at school by that weekend.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Lifetime Premium

Its a saturday, and plus school wont miss you for one day.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

School as in college, in Indiana. Trust me, I'd be there if I could.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page