Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
NJMP Thunderbolt TPM July 4th Weekend - roll call

who's gonna be there??? I'm in for saturday and sunday

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
cool! I'll be there on Saturday morning. I'm on the yellow 03

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways -
Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Knee Dragger

Sun of a gun!! Wish I could make it. Did Lightning about 3 weeks ago - whatta blast.

2007 CBR600RR Trackbike
2008 CBR1000RR Street - Sold

http://www.motorcycleroadracingforums.com/

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-26-2011, 11:37 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I will probably be there, but without my bike. I ddint get signed up in time, and red group filled up pretty quick. I plan on bringing the old lady down and help my friends out in the pits and take a few pics.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Knee Dragger

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

CCS North East Expert #623 - 2007 CBR 600RR
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Pocketbike Racer

BTW, if any of you are staying at the Quality Inn in Millville, you can get a good discount by saying you are with Team Pro-Motion. Here's the post on their forum site:
http://shopphilly.com/teampromotion/...pic.php?t=6905

:D
WINNING!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways -
Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride!'
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 09:33 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'll be there on Sunday. I think it will be the second time I've ridden my bike all season...sucks
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 10:17 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Damn how much is it to sign up now?

I am Chris
2009 Honda CBR600RR
CCS #520
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Knee Dragger

ah, cant make this one

AKoz
2007 CBR 600RR
NESBA #013
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

I'm not sure what team promotions deal is with signing up this close to a trackday. Maybe cost you an extra 20 or something.

I'm really excited, haven't been on the track in over a year and have a new bike that I can't wait to get out there. We will be there Saturday and Sunday - I'll be on a 1000rr with the #44 on it... can't miss it. Come by and say hello. Gbord will be with me who is also an old school .net member

see you guys this weekend
E

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Kewl, i'm going down with my bike for sat, but I haven't signed up. I haven't done a track day before and 2 of my friends are signed up so If there happens to be a cancelation, I'll sign up at the track. If not, I can do the cheezy try the track and do a couple follow the leader runs at "under highway speed limits", lol.

I'll be there with a hanspree replica '06, cya there guys..

2006 CBR600rr - Motorfansclub Hannspree custom replica!!
**Mods**
Pazzo shorty levers black/red, Rizoma Zero-11 rear turn signals, Rizoma Sportline Grip with Rizoma Conical barends, Watsen Design Flushmounts,
Frame Sliders, rear stand spools, Puig Double Bubble Smoked, Custom License Relocation, Custom LED and Reverse LCD, Jardine RT-1 CF Slipon, Vortex Adj Rearsets, Vortex 520 Conv (-1/Stock), BMC airfilter, Spiegler F/R SS lines, Vesrah front pads/CL rear pads.

Last edited by djentangle; 06-30-2011 at 04:50 PM.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djentangle View Post
Kewl, i'm going down with my bike for sat, but I haven't signed up. I haven't done a track day before and 2 of my friends are signed up so If there happens to be a cancelation, I'll sign up at the track. If not, I can do the cheezy try the track and do a couple follow the leader runs at "under highway speed limits", lol.

I'll be there with a hanspree replica '06, cya there guys..
TPM has an orientation, "try the track" session during the lunch hour I think. You have to get there before 11am, and they basically let you go on the track for free with limited speeds:
http://www.teampromotion.com/trythetrack2-page.php
So if you don't get in, at least you'll be able to get an idea of the track. Just make sure you have your gear on you.
Pretty cool I think.

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato View Post
TPM has an orientation, "try the track" session during the lunch hour I think. You have to get there before 11am, and they basically let you go on the track for free with limited speeds:
http://www.teampromotion.com/trythetrack2-page.php
So if you don't get in, at least you'll be able to get an idea of the track. Just make sure you have your gear on you.
Pretty cool I think.

These are two parade laps of follow the leader going super slow. I saw one guy in jeans and a jacket, helmet, gloves and boots. I believe he was riding a cruiser. I think Monday might still be available. NJMP is a great track.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Pocketbike Racer

It was a great track day Sat, left the hotel Sunday morning. How did you guys make out in the rain?

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

It actually turned out to be a great day. Just got home. Left at 5am and got there aroun 8 and it seemed like it had been raining for a while...still was. Me and the GF left and went to get breakfast and waited to see if it would clear up. Rain stopped just before 9 and the track was dry by the second session. It ended up being a great day. I'm glad I stuck around.

Anyone know about the "crash" on Saturday? Apparently 2 guys crashed into each other in the paddock?? Heard someone talking about it but didnt know what happened
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Pocketbike Racer

As I was leaving I saw one of the coaches walking with ice on his shoulder holding his arm. I know there was one guy that wrecked his bike during a session but I didn't get a chance to see the damage.

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisFaster View Post
It actually turned out to be a great day. Just got home. Left at 5am and got there aroun 8 and it seemed like it had been raining for a while...still was. Me and the GF left and went to get breakfast and waited to see if it would clear up. Rain stopped just before 9 and the track was dry by the second session. It ended up being a great day. I'm glad I stuck around.

Anyone know about the "crash" on Saturday? Apparently 2 guys crashed into each other in the paddock?? Heard someone talking about it but didnt know what happened
From what I understand, a guy was coming off the track into the paddocks, went straight to the second row instead of left to pass in front of the garages, apparently somehow he gunned the throttle and collided head on with a mercedes and went through the windshield of the car. State police were on scene and all track operations were shut down till the police finished their investigation and ok'ed the day to commence.

I think the motorcycle operator received a ticket as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato View Post
As I was leaving I saw one of the coaches walking with ice on his shoulder holding his arm. I know there was one guy that wrecked his bike during a session but I didn't get a chance to see the damage.
on the fourth there was 5 red flags in all 5 sessions before lunch, people were crashing like it was their jobs. I saw a coach go down in T5, one of my friends went down in T2. they had to call a second riders meeting to tell people to calm the f down. it was rediculous.

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
on the fourth there was 5 red flags in all 5 sessions before lunch, people were crashing like it was their jobs. I saw a coach go down in T5, one of my friends went down in T2. they had to call a second riders meeting to tell people to calm the f down. it was rediculous.
i was there but just hanging out with some other peeps, not riding. Didnt even know you whores would be there.

I also wondered wtf was the deal with all the incidents. Its not like was packed. It was a surprisingly small crowd.

Saw your friend go down on T2 throwing dirt everywhere lol.

There were some pretty nice bikes there this weekend. I saw a new MV-Agusta F4 running yesterday; was told there was a bimota also yesterday and someone with a brand spanking new Aprilia RSV4 Factory on Sunday... must be nice
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

not quite how it went down ;) I was there, and saw the hole thing.

one of the control riders was exiting the track and drove straight thru towards the middle of the paddock area. There was a merceedes that was traveling towards the same intersection from the left. Rider was going too fast and when they met in the intersection the bike t boned the benz pretty hard. DISCLAIMER...I could not tell how fast the car was going, but the bike was moving along pretty good. Was really glad to see the guy get up and walk away, cuz he his that **** hard.

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

anyone know the photographer that was there?? a link maybe?

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Pocketbike Racer

thesbimage.com

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy E View Post
anyone know the photographer that was there?? a link maybe?
aftermath

post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
i was there but just hanging out with some other peeps, not riding. Didnt even know you whores would be there.

I also wondered wtf was the deal with all the incidents. Its not like was packed. It was a surprisingly small crowd.

Saw your friend go down on T2 throwing dirt everywhere lol.

There were some pretty nice bikes there this weekend. I saw a new MV-Agusta F4 running yesterday; was told there was a bimota also yesterday and someone with a brand spanking new Aprilia RSV4 Factory on Sunday... must be nice
I was there hanging out as well, not riding, I am usually there every weekend TPM day, and usually in garage 110, or 109 or 108 depending on how many people we got with us. I have a primer 07 GSXR600 with a blue tank.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Damn...that Mercedes looks like it got rocked! I'm surprised the guy was ok. They had a big lecture at the riders meeting about riding safe. We didnt have too many crashes at all on Monday. I was in the white group and it was PACKED. Funny how all the bikes end up within like 500ft of each other. When I would catch up to "the pack" I would just pull into the pits wait a few seconds and go back out and it was like I had the track to myself.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedisFaster View Post
Damn...that Mercedes looks like it got rocked! I'm surprised the guy was ok. They had a big lecture at the riders meeting about riding safe. We didnt have too many crashes at all on Monday. I was in the white group and it was PACKED. Funny how all the bikes end up within like 500ft of each other. When I would catch up to "the pack" I would just pull into the pits wait a few seconds and go back out and it was like I had the track to myself.
That's a really good idea. I was kind of frustrated when I had to deal with slower guys in front of me. I gotta try that next time.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Lifetime Premium

If you feel that the people in front of you are being predictable enough then the "groups" in white are an excellent time to work on passing.

But if it is too much then "hot pitting" is a great idea, I used to do it a lot when I was riding in white group.

But saying there was not a lot of crashes on the 4th, were you at the same thunderbolt I was at?? Unless you are talking about white group only.

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
If you feel that the people in front of you are being predictable enough then the "groups" in white are an excellent time to work on passing.

But if it is too much then "hot pitting" is a great idea, I used to do it a lot when I was riding in white group.

But saying there was not a lot of crashes on the 4th, were you at the same thunderbolt I was at?? Unless you are talking about white group only.

yea, considering the small amount of people running on the track at a time, that was a sh1t load of red flags

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 04:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Oops... I meant Sunday. I was there on Sunday the 3rd. Not Monday. Rained in the AM but cleared up and had a great day.
Didnt want to work on passing. would rather work on my lines and get faster. There were just so many people lumped together taking so many different lines that it would be very annoying to try to pass them all. I'm sure some people find the passing part fun but not me....unless the rider is riding at about the same pace as me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page