Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Buttonwillow with Trackdaz - August 6/7

Anybody on here going?

A friend and I will be heading up Friday afternoonish from San Diego. I haven't been out to BW for at least 3 years, and that was on my SV650. Looking forward to riding it on the RR.

Hope to see some .net peeps out there.

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Interesting. I might check this one out. Linky?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 04:13 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 reviews

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stay away from the Motel-6 in Buttonwillow. I was out there with Trackdaz, I am a staff member, and I got my trailer broken into and they stole my race bike. if you do stay there do not park in the back.

2008 CBR 600RR (Race)
2007 GSXR-750 (street)

USMC For life

Constantly varied, functional movements, done at high intensity: CrossFit
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

www.trackdaz.com

We'll be staying at the track, so somebody will get thugged if they try to steal our bikes!

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Im targeting august even with tracktactics,

R.I.P. P H A T S T U D

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Knee Dragger

If you haven't been to BW in 3 years, you won't be missing much! It's the same old nasty surface with the different paving patches, lots of slipping and sliding and an occasional dust storm!

But I love the layout and the optional changes they can make there- CW or CCW. Just wish they'd repave it, then it'd be one of my favs!

Good luck!

"If your wheels are off, answer to your God but me, I'll be up and gone. I'll be up and long gone..." Robin Trower, "Little Bit of Sympathy 1972

"Veni, Vidi, Vici." Julius Ceasar (I came, I saw, I conquered)

"Nana Korobi- Ya Oki" Japanese Bushido saying- "Get knocked down seven times, get up eight!"
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Bummer.

I bought a ticket pack with Trackdaz, thankfully it was only a 4 day package and had intended on running at SoW a lot this year. But..w/the political BS that occured w/the Huths, blah, blah, blah....

I know I won't be running at WSIR until I can confirm that they have Paramedics on site vs. EMTs. I was out there a couple of months ago corner working for Keith Code and they only had EMTs on site. Some dude binned it pretty good coming out of the bowl. EMTs were there, so it could have not been a big deal, but they had to escalate up to Paramedics, who took 20-30 minutes to get there. Funk that.

----

--

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Knee Dragger

Yeah, and helicopters take a much longer time to get there, although they can get you to the hospital quicker!

I guess the secret is Don't Crash! But then, the unknown future is what an accident is, isn't it?

But the thread here is talking about Buttonwillow, not SOW or WSIR. But I agree with you anyway...

"If your wheels are off, answer to your God but me, I'll be up and gone. I'll be up and long gone..." Robin Trower, "Little Bit of Sympathy 1972

"Veni, Vidi, Vici." Julius Ceasar (I came, I saw, I conquered)

"Nana Korobi- Ya Oki" Japanese Bushido saying- "Get knocked down seven times, get up eight!"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Anybody......else......going......?????

----

--

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I might make it to this..
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Not sure if anybody else went, but I had a damn good time.

Track was bumpy in certain parts for sure, but not enough that it detracted from the experience. Going over 2 days was definitely worth it, and I was glad that I had upped the intensity of my workout routines in the past couple of months in anticipation of fending off fatigue in the miserable August heat in that area of CA.

Highs of 95 on Saturday, 96 on Sunday.

Tried out DOT Race rubber for the first time at the urging of the Catalyst Reaction guy, Teague. Pirelli guy had a set of SuperCorsas with 2 laps on them. $200, mounted....sweet!

Definitely helped by the fact that I almost highsided coming out of Turn 4? heading towards Cotton Corners. 2 trackdays on Dunlop Q2s and they were toast, I was definitely disappointed as I've had Michelin 2CTs last twice, if not 3 times as long.

I didn't have complete confidence in the bike until lunchtime on Sunday. Teague was turning my suspension upside down trying to figure out what was bugging me on the bike. At times, he wasn't available to make tweaks during my sessions, so I'd go out on the 250 Supermoto. Riding that thing around a track like that was fun. Pretty much stayed in 5th & 6th gear most of the time.

Attack Kawasaki was out there too. Steve Rapp was out there testing their 10R. He flew in with his private plane on both days, first day he brought a lady friend whom I'm going to assume is his girlfriend. Blonde, hot and tall. Legs went up forever. Interesting, because I thought he was riding for SD BMW, but whatever.

----

--

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 02:08 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
No pics? Sounds like a good time though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page