My first trackday! - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My first trackday!

Reno Fernley Raceway with Precision Trackdays. They seem like a very well run organization, extremely helpful to new riders especially since all C group riders get free group instruction from Trackademics. Trailered mine and my roommate's 600s 400mi from Vegas for it and glad we did. Next one is either Auto Club Speedway or Buttonwillow the 6th of August. Any suggestions? Here's some pictures, feel free to critique and criticize as much as you want. My stats: 24yrs, 6ft, 230lbs, have 7mo street experience on ANY motorcycle, all of it happens to have been on my 600RR which is my very first bike. Professional photos were taken by 4theriders.

FYI: I did crash but it was dumb, was exiting the track on my first session, lost focus for a split second, missed the turn and went right off the mofo. Then my bike got tired, decided to lay down for a minute. It's just plastics, though, I can buff that $hit out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 12:13 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sweet mang. Dont buff it out. It looks perfect.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
7 mo's???...dang mang, lookin good out there for your first outting!
your pics dont look like a C group pace. sucks to hear about your getoffs.
fix her up and get back out there.

as for the next track...BW or ACS are good tracks. very fast tracks too. lots of braking as well.
you'd be happy with either choice. the question is how much are you willing to spend.
although there are alot of complaints about buttonwillow being bumpy. hence the nickname, bumpywillow. lol.
i dont mind the bumps. it helps me become a better rider. learning how to ride in bumpy conditions.

it was my first time riding ACS this past wknd. it took me a couple sessions before i got comfortable.
one thing i didnt like was the plastic rumble strips they use to lay out the track.
if you ever run over those things...its almost certain youll go down.
other than that...i liked the track. cant wait to try it out again. this time i know the layout, so ill get to goes faster on the next trackday.

all in all, to each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 01:13 AM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
That looks like a hellofa track. Your pics looked pretty good mang. Better than my first TD.

-Coons
RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010

http://www.facebook.com/cCoons

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks for the compliments. The track was pretty bumpy, as evidenced by this video so "Bumpywillow" probably wouldn't be too bad. The nice thing about the track was it has so many various types of turns that it really helps improve your skills. My favorite turn was the horse shoe since it was banked nicely (picture). I wish they were taking pictures in the afternoon (you can tell it was the morning since there's no bike damage) because by then I was skimming my knee slider right next to the curbing. I would've definitely moved into B group but because there were a lot of C riders and not so many B and A riders they combined B and A and so they ran 30min sessions. By the last session it was just myself and a control rider out there so I was able to follow him around, see his line, and basically get one-on-one coaching for 4 laps. Being a bigger guy I thought I would need a liter bike to be competitive, and it definitely shows in the straights, but I was able to make serious ground in the turns due to the agility of the little 600. I'll probably end up going full track setup with this bike now that I see how boring and dangerous the streets are. Plus, there's a trackday almost every weekend within 300mi of me so I'll still be able to get in plenty of riding. As far as my next one, Buttonwillow is 325mi away with a $160 price whereas Auto Club is 240mi away with a $250 price, so I'll probably go with whichever one is more cost effective.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Lookin good man, especially for your first track day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondawg_07 View Post
That looks like a hellofa track. Your pics looked pretty good mang. Better than my first TD.
No sh!t I saw the track map and was like

donate https://secure.echoalley.com/actionfund-lenz/

RIP Phatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
helmet mohawks are kinda like those BS vents people add to their fenders...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
That looks like a hellofa track.
They usually run C configuration (the configuration in the video) on Sat and then a shorter one on Sunday so in one weekend you ride 2 fairly different tracks. Wish I could've stayed for Sunday too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page