First Track Day!! Autobahn CC. - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
First Track Day!! Autobahn CC.

So my name just got drawn for a free track day at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Illinois. The trackday is for Sept. 4th that I won. I was wondering if anyone else in the area was going or had some helpful info to share with me about this place?

I read the checklist for a trackday thread and that seems very helpful any other suggestions or pointers.

Team Orange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My home! Born and raised in Shorewood. Friends from there say that track is pretty good. Ill see if my bud is going that day, but I know he's out at Blackhawk Farms a lot.

Got good tire tread?

Pointers....
Keep your ego in line. Or it will be put in line, by your bike.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashuffer View Post
My home! Born and raised in Shorewood. Friends from there say that track is pretty good. Ill see if my bud is going that day, but I know he's out at Blackhawk Farms a lot.

Got good tire tread?

Pointers....
Keep your ego in line. Or it will be put in line, by your bike.
Less than 500 miles on Michelin Pilot Road 2's and believe you me there will be no ego coming from me, 5 days away and already nervous lol.

Team Orange

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
pretty much just run at your own pace, remember nobody wins a trackday. you don't have to be as fast as the next guy so just have fun and focus on your form and your line, fast will come after youve gotten a grip on those 2 points.

2nd. bring more stuff then you think you could need. theres not a square inch in my car or trailer where i could fit anymore stuff. all the spares you could need, brake fluid, oil and all the tools that you can use on your bike.

3rd. keep hydrated, bring lots of water and gatorade, rotate between the 2 that worked well for me, and start hydrating NOW, if you start the day of its too late. i learned that the hard way. and if you have it bring a EZ-UP they're a life saver for sure on those warm days

4th. be sociable, get to know the people pitted around you. unlike a lot of other events there are a lot of cool people you meet and a lot of good stories to hear. plus if your having issues they can possibly help you sort them out.
also a key point, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP, i went to my instructors pit garage probably 10 times through the day, just getting feedback and points on what i was doing right and what i was doing wrong and what needed work. that helped me more than anything.

all in all just have fun, be relaxed and concentrate on you and only you

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
Women are mental terrorists. They bleed for almost a week and don't die. Of course they're crazy. Seriously. End of discussion.
R.I.P PHATSTUD

officially addicted to track
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by repsol600 View Post
pretty much just run at your own pace, remember nobody wins a trackday. you don't have to be as fast as the next guy so just have fun and focus on your form and your line, fast will come after youve gotten a grip on those 2 points.

2nd. bring more stuff then you think you could need. theres not a square inch in my car or trailer where i could fit anymore stuff. all the spares you could need, brake fluid, oil and all the tools that you can use on your bike.

3rd. keep hydrated, bring lots of water and gatorade, rotate between the 2 that worked well for me, and start hydrating NOW, if you start the day of its too late. i learned that the hard way. and if you have it bring a EZ-UP they're a life saver for sure on those warm days

4th. be sociable, get to know the people pitted around you. unlike a lot of other events there are a lot of cool people you meet and a lot of good stories to hear. plus if your having issues they can possibly help you sort them out.
also a key point, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP, i went to my instructors pit garage probably 10 times through the day, just getting feedback and points on what i was doing right and what i was doing wrong and what needed work. that helped me more than anything.

all in all just have fun, be relaxed and concentrate on you and only you
having done two trackdays I can tell you that this is great advice. Use the checklist while loading all your equipment, dont leave to memory because you will forget a lot of stuff. ask me how I know. Things are going to happen very fast off the track if you are not prepared so try to get there early even the night before if possible and get set up as soon as you can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page