Send Sampson to Race Daytona Rally & Party 9/17/05 - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

View Poll Results: Can You Attend The Send Sampson to Race Daytona Rally & Party
I can make it! (1 Person) 1 7.14%
I Can make it! (1 Person + 1 Passenger) 1 7.14%
I can make it! (2 Riders w or w/o passengers ) 1 7.14%
I can make it! (More than 2 riders w or w/o passengers) 0 0%
I want to say yes but I am not sure at the moment! 2 14.29%
I'm sorry. I can't make it. 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Weather Update: Please Read -no Donation- Sunday Ride Only 9/18/05

BAD WEATHER UPDATE - SUNDAY ONLY RIDE -NO DONATION REQUIRED

Saturday isn't looking too good so that puts a dampener on things unfortuantely. No one wants to be caught out in bad weather. However, Sunday is still looking pretty nice so I am going to modify things since, regardless, I want to go for a ride. It's been 6 days since I was on the bike and I am getting a bit antsy.

PLEASE REPLY TO THE POST IF YOU ARE ABLE TO MAKE IT!

First thing, No donation required. Just come out and ride.

My business keeps drunk drivers from killing people and I am just way too busy to be able to take off the required week to go to Daytona in the coming month. I recently laid off two people and the additional work just prevents it. Stinks but there is always March, and reality is, I will be in more of a points contention next year than this one anyway since I moved race classes half way through the season. Plus, without being able to put everything else in place for Saturday evening it doesn't make sense.
The idea is just to go out and have a good ride and we are still going to do Saturday's original route plan so the ride will be good and we're still going to stop for some kick ass barbeque.

WHERE & WHEN TO MEET
I am going to make things simple. We will meet at the Dunkin Donuts on Rt. 23 North/Jackson Ave at 10am for a 10:30am departure.

The Dunkin Donuts is located at the intersection of Rt. 23 North and Jackson Ave.
The physical address for mapquesters is:
Dunkin' Donuts at 560 ROUTE 23, PEQUANNOCK, NJ 07440
Kawasaki/Yamaha Sport Center is also in the same parking lot and is easily viewable from the highway. It is also immediately after the Pompton Honda-Suzuki Dealership and is direclty across from the Saturn Dealership on the southbound side of 23. There is plenty of room for trailers in the lot if that is your intention on how you plan on getting the bike there.

For anyone coming from the GS Parkway/Rt. 3/Rt 46/Rt 80 go towards Wayne and take rt 23 North to the 5th traffic light. Dunkin Donuts is on the right at the 5th light, immediately after Pompton Honda-Suzuki.

For anyone coming from Rt. 287 North or South, exit on to Rt 23 South at exit 52 A (from south) or 52 B (from north). Take the jug handle at the 4th traffic light, immediately after the Saturn dealer across and into the parking lot.

Rt. 4 or 17 take either the GS Parkway to Rt 80 or go North to 287 and follow the directions above.

SUNDAY
10:00am -meet at Dunkin Donuts in Pequannock on Rt. 23 North/Jackson Ave Dunkin' Donuts is located at: 560 ROUTE 23, PEQUANNOCK, NJ 07440, USA
10:00-10:30am Tech Assistance and Safety Inspection (for those who would like free assistance)
10:30am Departure from Dunkin Donuts

THE ROUTE
Saturday is going to start with a ride up rt 23 north into West Milford to a road that I call the miniature version of deals gap -Clinton Road-. Newly repaved, Clinton road is probably near 75+ curves in only a few short miles.
At the end of this road we will cruise around the shore of GreenWood Lake via East Shore Road, which again, is newly repaved. This will bring us into the Village of Greenwood Lake where we will take a brief gas stop and top-off. After that we will then head through Sterling Forest until we arrive at Rt 106. Rt 106 is a very tight and twisty road that is sure to thrill those that have never been on it. It gets my blood pumping every time. Rt. 106 ends in Harriman State Park where we will take a short stint around the Lake Tiorati circle, which is a 5 mile loop, again, full of twists and turns and fresh pavement. After this we will make our way towards Perkins Memorial Drive for our first scheduled stop of the day. Perkins Memorial Drive is newly repaved and offers a, dare I say, breathtaking view of the Hudson river from the highest point in the region. This road also happens to be newly repaved.
After this stop we will make our way across Bear Mountain Bridge ($1 toll or EZ Pass) and hang a left towards the village of Cold Spring. We are going to short-cut around the village of Cold Spring since we don't want to clue in the local fuzz just exactly what we are up to since we are about to make a turn onto the famed Rt. 301. Rt. 301 is known as one of the top roads in the northeast and it runs for about 18 miles through some amazing scenery with some really great sections of turns and sweepers.
After Rt. 301 we should be ready for some food. So we are going to stop at the best BBQ place I have ever found. "Holy Smoke" in Mahopac, NY. This place has the absolute most ridiculous pulled pork sandwhich I have ever had in my life. In fact, I routinely starve myself just to make sure I can eat the whole thing when I get there. You will not be dissapointed.
After feasting on insane BBQ, we will continue to make our way around the Route 6 loop, taking it easy for our food to digest. We will come to another pass that brings up along the hudson in a great set of connected turns bringing us back to the Bear Mountain Bridge.
We'll cross the bridge (no toll) and take rt 106 back the opposite direction. We will then hang a left turn on Rt 9 and take that into the Town of Tuxedo where we'll stop at "Take a Break" for a breather and an ice cream cone.
After that it's further down 9 where we will then turn off and cut through Ringwood State Park. From there we will start making out way back towards Wayne. But depending on the mood and time, we just may have to head back through Greenwood Lake instead to hang out on the deck at Emerald Point Marina to enjoy a cold one.

If anyone has any questions at all, please drop me an email or just give me a call. I'm looking forward to just meeting, riding with and showing all of you my favorite area roads and having a good time.

And remember, if you can make this, please reply!

Cheers,
Eric Sampson
973-704-1555
[email protected]

NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/ASRA #973
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

Last edited by ONEDWN5UP; 09-16-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:32 AM

sounds like fun...if i wasnt in minnesota i would enjoy that ride. i know how racing is expensive, i am still doing it for under $700 per weekend though (thank god there is only 1 race a month) but i will help you with a $10 donation......just remember the people that helped and always try to return the favors.....good luck in your racing endevors and have fun at daytona (THIS IS NOT BEER MONEY>>>LOL)
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Dude! You totally rock! Not beer money in the least. I have a 17 hour haul each way there from Jersey. I am doing the Team Challenge Event as a solo rider which is basically an Amateur version of the Daytona 200. Then on top of that I have all of my Sprint Races. MW Superbike, MW Supersport, HW Superbike, HW SuperSport and MW GP. I might even bring my RC-51 and run the SuperTwins Race though I am not sure at this point. Being that far from home I should have a back up bike with me though.

Your donation means a lot to me and I am super appreciative of you man! Thanks so much! -Eric

MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
i am to far south to participate but neverless i donated a few bucks to support
your efforts and may be i might be able to travel to DAYTONA and watch you
kick some ass and stop by and wish you the best by the way your post is kick
ass best of luck bro

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Wow, you guys are too cool. I lived down in the Daytona area but I never raced at the Speedway so this is going to be entirely new to me. The more people that can make it down there the merrier. If you can make it I'll have a cold one waiting with your name on it. I can also use a pit crew for the Team Challenge Event!
Thanks again. You rule.
Thanks!
Eric

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
sure eric would love to help any way i can and may be
we can have a 600RR florida style party if a bunch of members
decide to come to daytona

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

The more the merrier! I just gotta make sure I can make it down there! Can't ignore my mortgage for this one unfortunately!

I have no electric and they're forclosing on my house, but I have new tires! LOL!

post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 03:53 AM

so not to be stupid....when are you going to daytona? it says october, but what are the dates? and i agree with moe...we could all meet up to cheer you on, all us floridians!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 06:51 AM

Dude, this is such a great idea! I can't wait! Food, riding some twisties and helping out a fellow rider? Count me in!!!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

The race dates are October 20-23rd though they have yet to post the official schedule. You can find out the basic info here http://www.formulausa.com/shows/Show.2005-01-18.4144roc

I am hoping it is going to be up soon so I can get my plans into a finalized state. I still need to figure out the details like where I am going to stay. Garage rental isn't overally unreasonable so I am going to try to secure a single space unless I can find someone to split a full space. If they get filled up I can use the shop at AMI (American Motorcycle Institute) right down the street since I am a graduate from there. Ideally a motorhome would be nice but thats not in the cards at the time being. The wweather should be cool so I might even resort to just sleeping in the van or pitching a tent.

I will probably leave on the 18th, get there on the 19th and then have the Team Challenge Event on the 20th -at least that is how the week usually starts with the Team Challenge event first. I figure that if I do this race I can skip the need to do the Team Hammer practice the day before. About 100 laps should be sufficient time to learn the layout, warm up and get the feel for the track.

After the Team Challenge event the CCS Sprint races start the following day. I will see how I do in the CCS sprint races and take a look at my lap times. If they are in qualifying range for the Formula USA races I will register and qualify for Formula Sportbike. I would like to possibly race Formula Superbike as well, but due to the fact that my machine is designed to meet supersport requirements, it might not be competitive in the unrestricted superbike class. I may also be pretty tapped out for cash at that point so we'll have to see. If I complete the Team Challenge Event, 5 or 6 Sprint races and Formula Sportbike I just might have my fill for the week. But like I said...We'll see.

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Awesome man! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600RR_NJ
Dude, this is such a great idea! I can't wait! Food, riding some twisties and helping out a fellow rider? Count me in!!!

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Saturday night addition!
There is also enough room to set up a mini-moto course if we have enough people with pit bikes that want to bring them out. The parking lot has a center island and there is also a side driveway that would make for a fun little course. If you have a bike and are interested in this, let me know.

It would also be fun to have one of those tricycle races like they did in Revenge of the Nerds. We could have teams and every lap you have to pound like half a beer. The team left standing wins. Now that sounds like fun!

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 09:51 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Great idea. I'm hoping that I'll be able to make it down in september to give you some support. I would like to race down in daytona, but I'm not sure if I'll have the funds either. I'm really in the same boat as your, spending a weeks paycheck plus every two weeks. I'm going to skip a trip to Deal's gap next month to try to tuck a few dollars for daytona. Regardless, this sounds like a real blast, so I will do my best to get down there and throw you a few dollars for support. If I can't race in daytona, but still make it down there, I'm more than happy to help you out in the pits. That team challenge is a workout, make sure you train up for it. I ran the loudon team endurance with two others, and I was BEAT when it was over. I ran 30+ laps, then handed it off for the rest of the race, probably could have got back on and run a third leg but I wanted to let everyone have some fun. Let me know if there's anything you need to help you get down there, or help with the bike. I'm gonna throw a copy of this over on NESR and see if the crew is interested in attending.

P.S. - I dropped my personal best down to a 1:21 this weekend from 24's last time, and beating my personal best by a second and a half.

Jay Holland
Low Down Racing - center garage #6
LRRS / CCS / WERA # 949
Team Bridgestone
Underground Supercycle

Anyone can finance a sportbike, very few will ever be riders.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

That's awesome man. My whole thing with lap times is continual progression regardless of place in the event. I was able to get down to 1:18.52 after a 1:18.87 and a whole string of 1:19's. So my consistency is getting better while improving on lap times. I am still aiming at that 1:17 bracket and am gonna be kinda frustrated till I hit it, as funny as that sounds. I really want to finish the Loudon season in the 1:16's at least though.

The funny thing that you might notice is that when you start going faster you start feeling slower but are still posting faster consistent times. It's a sure sign you're getting better and picking up the pace.

I was bummed that I couldn't be there this past weekend. I was in the Bahamas with my family (thankfull it didnt cost me anything!) But the whole weekend I was thinking about what was going on at the track. It was nice to be there with the family but I really wanted to be in NH.

That would be awesome if you could make it down here for that weekend. Bring your whole crew. You had some pretty cool friends up there and thanks again for the beers btw. That was great with the exception of being eaten alive by the mosquitos.

All the support I can get down there the better and it would be awesome to have a support crew. Would certainly make it that much better!

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 10:39 AM
World Superbike Racer

I'll be there; if the RC isn't sold before then.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I still have my '03 RC-51 if you sell the other one before hand. PVM cast mag's race bodywork.. in all black. All I will require is a deposit of your first born as well as a blood sample and background check..just kidding. It'll be here if you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade-Runner
I'll be there; if the RC isn't sold before then.

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 10:53 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDWN5UP
I still have my '03 RC-51 if you sell the other one before hand. PVM cast mag's race bodywork.. in all black. All I will require is a deposit of your first born as well as a blood sample and background check..just kidding. It'll be here if you need it.

Hmmm.......... I could always use my 600RR as a deposit.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

How's the turnout looking? I'm really excited for this. Let me know if you need help setting anything up. I invited everyone I ride and race with so hopefully they'll make it down. How's the talent looking, will there be breezys or should I try to bring my own.

Did you see this months roadracing world? They have the finishes from FUSA weekend, I know I'm mentioned 3 times so I'm sure you'll be in there.

Jay Holland
LRRS / CCS / WERA # 949
Team Bridgestone
Underground Supercycle

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

There's a large sportbike forum in my area called www.tristatesportbikes.com and those guys are pretty amped up and a few of them said they are going to help me out with possibly some sponsorship stuff. I haven't gotten around to making the fliers yet for the local bike nights in my area but everyone that has learned of it said they are pretty psyched. Not too many people put on events like this. If it works out, I'll do something like every other month or so next year.

As far as birds are concerend, I would say bring yer own and more to share if you can. My DJ friends are spreading it around in their community so I am sure there will be some other people there besides those on two wheels. I might be able to work something out with a few of the girls that aren't working at the local hooters-esque place. I am friends with a few of them www.thesportsexy.com but given it is sat night the might get stuck working.

I'll have to look abd see what is going to be required for setup overall. I am thinking that it really shouldn't be too bad. Most of the stuff will just need to be carried outside and plugged in. Do you have a generator by any chance? That would help out a bunch.

I'll have to find a copy of road race world. I had a good weekend going 4 for 4 with the wins so it would be cool to see that in print. Thanks for the heads up.

I am going to be at Loudon next weekend so we'll get up then. I'll actually bring some beer (and bugspray) this time. We can watch Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. That'll be a good follow up to Napolean Dynamite.

post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 11:59 AM

hey eric....CLEAR YOUR PM'S DAMNIT!!!!!
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 05:09 PM

This sounds like a plan. I'm going to try to make it, although it's a bit far (date wise) to know for sure. But I'll defenitely help out one way or another.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Just found out today that they are finshing the re-pave of Clinton Road as we speak so that the road will now be 100% new from start to finish. If you knew this road you would know why I am excited.

There will be more curves than the BBW classifieds so if hitting some quality twisties is your thing you shouldn't miss this one!

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 11:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

do you still need DJ's?

and what kind of music?
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

3 or 4 of my DJ friends said they would come out and play but if you feel like bringing some records I don't think it would be an issue. Of course if you have your own needles that would always be a good thing.

They play mostly house but also play some hip hop and jungle as well as deep house. Whatever you felt like playing would be cool as long as its not like trance or hardcore/happy hardcore type stuff.

Do you spin or have friends that would want to come with that would spin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp182
do you still need DJ's?

and what kind of music?

post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 08:14 AM

If im not on call for my job Ill be there, and i told a few of my buddies who are equally as excited
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 10:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

I've got 3 with me so far if that helps with the headcount. More may be coming but probably won't know till it's closer.

I have some records from when i used to spin if you think any of your friends are interested in throwing me a couple bucks for them.

Jay Holland
LRRS / CCS / WERA # 949
Team Bridgestone
Underground Supercycle

post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 11:46 AM

We can show up the day of the ride and donate right do we have to confirm by a certain time? You can PM me or just respond here
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

No, you can just show up the day of. That's cool.

post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 02:46 PM

Since you bumped me to red on saturday I think I need to stop in and join the party with a donation. Beer pong and bear mtn sounds like a normal weekend for me anyway.

-Matt(yellowish R6 in TPM the white group on sat)
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Aweseome man!

You got bumped because you deserved it. You were smooth and consistent and showed good speed and control. The red group will give you a chance to really stretch your legs and start to work on going faster while still exhibiting all those other charecteristics that got you moved up. And the cool thing is that you still have the use of the coaches and we have more freedom to work with you to go faster while still remaing safely in control.

If you're going to be at any other track days with TPM, let me know and I'll be glad to work with.

Great stuff man, keep it up! :01_thumbu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReBorn
Since you bumped me to red on saturday I think I need to stop in and join the party with a donation. Beer pong and bear mtn sounds like a normal weekend for me anyway.

-Matt(yellowish R6 in TPM the white group on sat)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page