Popped my kneepuck cherry @ the track last weekend - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Popped my kneepuck cherry @ the track last weekend

So I finally got my knee down at Hallet this past weekend (08/07). They ran clockwise (backwards) that day, so it was 8 rights and 2 lefts.. which gave me plenty of time to drop the right knee down, and very little to barely scuff the left.

Video and pictures will be soon to follow..

Here is my question tho.. It looks to me like either I need to readjust my kneepuck up and out on my knee, or I need to stick my leg out further and not get off the seat as much, because I only rubbed one corner of the puck, and started to rub portions of the leather itself.

If I slide a little less off the seat (to allow my knee to bend out farther to touch the puck more flat), isn't that detrimental to lowering my CG? What should I be trying to do? Having the knee down (once I got used to it) felt quite good going through these turns, and as I noticed, I could lean the bike over even farther than that, as I bent my knee up in a few places and leaned over and still touched again.

I will try to get some snapshots of the puck on the suit as well as where the leather damage was..

Any thoughts?

^chka0tic :: WERA N#721 :: 2003 Honda CBR600RR
- OverTwo Customs / http://www.overtwocustoms.com/
- Vortex Racing / www.vortexracing.com
- RK Chain / www.rkexcelamerica.com
- Lockhart Phillips / www.teamprivateer.com
-
- www.sponsorhouse.com/members/chkaotic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 01:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Move the puck, not your body. I had to reposition mine, and I rotate it often because it wears more near the top for me too. You'll soon learn to not drag your knee but rather just touch very lightly so you won't be wearing the pucks out that much.

There is no need to drag the knee on the ground with force, as soon as you touch, bring it in a little to keep it off the ground. It's only an indicator as to how far you are leaning.

But again... If you have a proper riding position, adjust the puck, not your body.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 04:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Did you check out Danny Eslick and Corey West? It was pretty disgusting to get passed so easily. They rode their 1000s on Monday, but are fast regardless of what they are riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page