ROAD RACING -Rossi to Ferrari -Move to Formula One in 2007 seems more likely. - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ROAD RACING -Rossi to Ferrari -Move to Formula One in 2007 seems more likely.

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=8187

ROAD RACING - Rossi to Ferrari
.Two Wheels to Four9/6/2005

Valentino Rossi is headed to Formula One in 2007 after his one-year contract with Yamaha expires at the end of 2006.

That’s the conclusion drawn from published interviews with key Ferrari personnel at last weekend’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza.

Ross Brawn, Ferrari’s technical director, told the Associated Press that the Gauloises Yamaha rider could test as often as once a month beginning this winter. Rossi has already tested the Ferrari three times at the company’s test track in Fiorano.

"He is already as quick as a F-1 driver in the slow corners," Brawn told the AP on Friday.

Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo told Reuters that Rossi’s signing would be with the intent to win, not to capitalize on his immense popularity in Italy and much of Europe.

"He is not obliged to race in F1,” di Montezemolo said. “If he decides to, it is because he decides he is ready to win.

"He knows that he must do some tests and a champion like him goes into Formula One if he chooses to do so, if he feels he is going there to win.

"Neither he nor we have a pistol to our heads. If something comes of it, it will above all be his decision. If Ferrari and Rossi come together, it will be to win the world championship and not to put on a show that we do not need," di Montezemolo told Reuters.

The last motorcycle world champion to jump to Ferrari was Britain’s John Surtees. Surtees won seven world championships before capturing the 1964 F-1 crown for Ferrari.

La Repubblica, an Italian daily newspaper, last week published an unsourced report that Rossi will be offered a three-year contract worth 80 million Euros, nearly $100 million. Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren’s current F-1 driver, would be his teammate, the paper wrote.

NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/ASRA #973
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 11:58 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Lets get some money together and contract him to ride for Honda again.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 12:07 PM

Nah - let him go. He is so dominant it's almost not entertaining.

I'm into all sorts of motorcycle racing and lately i've gotten bored because:

Rossi wins (nearly) every time
Ricky Carmichael wins every time
Mat Mladin wins (nearly) every time

Every time I watch I root for anyone who can step up and beat these guys.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 01:58 PM

yeah WSB is the only competetive racing i've seen this season.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I have a feeling Rossi will be spending a lot of time testing over the winter and in the spring with Ferrari getting "up to speed".

Gotta love the line about "not capitalizing on his immense popularity in Italy and most of europe".

My ass. They just know schumacher's personanlity resembles a piece of plywood.

MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 PM

LOL. Do you think tho that motorcycle racing can be translated into formula 1? how the hell did he get that chance to try? Hook me up Ferrari!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:32 PM

My middle name is rossi! Ferrari! i could do interviews as Rossi! FERRARI HOOK ME UP! I JUST WANT 1.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:55 PM

And yet Rossi has been quoted on multiple occasions now that he will retire from competitive racing after he tires of Moto GP. He has stated twice that I know of now (once on speed with Greg White of all people) that he has no desire to go to F1 or to Rally (WRC).

Why do people keep speculating on this? :sign10:
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 03:07 PM

i read reports about rossi testing ferrari's f1 cars and if RUMOURS comes true that he'd be driving f1 after 2006 season, it'd be a shame. pedrosa is going to be in the premeir motogp class next year and he's probably going to give rossi some serious competition. i think it'd be good to have both riders in motogp for at least more than 1 season. my 0.02
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!

Pedrosa will be riding Honda's 800. I like watching Valentino race, but I've come to believe that he's a waste of talent. Someone that good, should share his knowledge and talents with others who have the desire to be as good...good enough to beat him. He needs to mentor. Maybe he will when he grows up and gets done playing with his toys.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I think 100 Million to race a Ferrari for 3 years could change anyones mind. Let's see. If I race another 3 years in a ferrari, I can retire at 28 with well over 100 million and then some in the bank. Hmmmm......Lemme think about that one. OK. Where do I sign?

And this might actually be a CHALLENGE to him that also comes with some panache. WRC is cool but it does not have the glitz and glam of F1. And Rossi sure seems to enjoy that atmospher as much as he downplays it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelgrave
And yet Rossi has been quoted on multiple occasions now that he will retire from competitive racing after he tires of Moto GP. He has stated twice that I know of now (once on speed with Greg White of all people) that he has no desire to go to F1 or to Rally (WRC).

Why do people keep speculating on this? :sign10:

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!

I specifically recall him saying that he WANTED to do rally after his MC days are over.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird180
Pedrosa will be riding Honda's 800. I like watching Valentino race, but I've come to believe that he's a waste of talent. Someone that good, should share his knowledge and talents with others who have the desire to be as good...good enough to beat him. He needs to mentor. Maybe he will when he grows up and gets done playing with his toys.
Somehow I dont see him taking Gibernau, Biaggi, or a.n.other person whos trying to kick his ass week in, week out, aside, and giving them a few tips.

Its a short career, and could end tomorrow. Theres plenty of time for the Rossi Academy after the fact.

Ill think he will want to win on the 800, and then take the challenge at F1. Hes taken every challenge so far, and won, hes not shy of taking up the fight.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale
Somehow I dont see him taking Gibernau, Biaggi, or a.n.other person whos trying to kick his ass week in, week out, aside, and giving them a few tips.

Its a short career, and could end tomorrow. Theres plenty of time for the Rossi Academy after the fact.

Ill think he will want to win on the 800, and then take the challenge at F1. Hes taken every challenge so far, and won, hes not shy of taking up the fight.
I don't mean mentoring those guys. I'm talking about someone young and unheard of.

Rossi will not ride the 800. It won't be a rule until 2007. His contract w/ Yami is for 2006 only.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 03:43 AM
World Superbike Racer

I just wonder who will be the next best champion. Melandri and Hayden are promising but their smoothness and consistency is spotty.

I have been watching World Superbike also, the close competition is awesome, although I haven't seen any 2005 races yet. Who's dominating World Superbike right now?
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Vermuelen and Haga have been going at it pretty hard and James Toseland is still in the mix. Haga has been ripping it on that R1 but looks more out of control than vermeulen does on his 1000RR. I think Troy Corser has been doing pretty well too but that may be FIM World Supersport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predikt
I just wonder who will be the next best champion. Melandri and Hayden are promising but their smoothness and consistency is spotty.

I have been watching World Superbike also, the close competition is awesome, although I haven't seen any 2005 races yet. Who's dominating World Superbike right now?

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
If he does go, he isnt gonna be dominating squat.
id stick to what i know best, or give it a shot and then come back.

i envy him tho man.
from top rider, now trying to be top driver.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:

Last edited by snikwad; 09-09-2005 at 11:16 AM.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDWN5UP
Vermuelen and Haga have been going at it pretty hard and James Toseland is still in the mix. Haga has been ripping it on that R1 but looks more out of control than vermeulen does on his 1000RR. I think Troy Corser has been doing pretty well too but that may be FIM World Supersport.
I like the agressiveness in Haga from the last 2 years. He looked super smooth to me, I haven't seen him this year. I'd love to see him take it...he's my 2nd or 3rd favorite rider.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
cvlighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDWN5UP
Ya Corser has 8 wins in world superbike on that Suzie. He pretty mych dominated the season and now he's taking a little break. Laconi is out right now from an injury. SÈbastien Charpentier is dominating the supersport..

I wonder if Chris is going to move up to GP or maybe stick around in world superbike and try to win a title. The kid is pratically flawless..
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 11:57 AM
World Superbike Racer

Watching WSBK and then Moto GP there's a huge difference. The Moto GP guys are way smoother. But yeah, Vermuelen looks like he's getting there. Gotta love the Hondas
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!

Charpantier has already clenched the WSS title on the Ten Kate Honda. I heard that Ducati was looking at Vermeulen for GP. Honda would be crazy to let him go. He's the only one that is winning on the 1000RR, and the bike wouldn't get any respect w/o him. He took WSBK 2nd last year, and just did the double at Assen last week.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:15 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird180
Charpantier has already clenched the WSS title on the Ten Kate Honda. I heard that Ducati was looking at Vermeulen for GP. Honda would be crazy to let him go. He's the only one that is winning on the 1000RR, and the bike wouldn't get any respect w/o him. He took WSBK 2nd last year, and just did the double at Assen last week.
Awesome. Man, where are you guys watching the WSBK races at? lol, it would probably help if I even had cable but I've never noticed WSBK on Speed channel
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:20 PM
cvlighthouse

On tivo baby! Speed tv. It's the only way to keep up. They show the races during work hours so the tivo is the only way to keep up. http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/inde...th=&usecal=yes

edit: search for FIM world supersport

Last edited by cvlighthouse; 09-09-2005 at 02:24 PM.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 02:23 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlighthouse
On tivo baby! Speed tv. It's the only way to keep up. They show the races during work hours so the tivo is the only way to keep up. http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/inde...th=&usecal=yes
Oh man, I'm so out of the loop. Thanks cvlighthouse. haha, I cancelled cable tv so I can have a little more money for trackdays. Anyone have the WSBK and AMA races for this year on DVD that I can buy? That would be awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page