Protest placed on Rossi****MOTEGI SPOILER****** - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Nemesis

Finally!!!.....MOTEGI***SPOILER****

I wanted Rossi to crash out so badly...but not at the expense of hurting himself or anyone else; which no one got hurt except for Melandri. Hope he hasn't broken his ankle.

Sometimes I can't help but think Rossi's passings are a bit too aggressive, but I guess that's racing.

Last edited by Nemesis; 09-18-2005 at 02:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
nem - hook me up with the vid :)
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 10:32 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just a guess but did rossi win? (i didn't get to watch it obviously)

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMartian
nem - hook me up with the vid :)

+1!

yeah, title says spoiler...what happened and who won?

Pablo...2004 cbr600rr

post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Nemesis

The URL for the video is different and won't work unless you're a paying member.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
The URL for the video is different and won't work unless you're a paying member.
How big is the file? I could probably host it.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo
+1!

yeah, title says spoiler...what happened and who won?
Rossi ran it deep into a right-hander and into the back of Melandri as he was turning in. Rossi again too hot for his own good and now he may have hurt someone else because of it.

Capirossi passed Biaggi after Biaggi made a mistake and Capirossi pulled away for the win. Tamada took a distant 3rd.

Last edited by NewRedRider; 09-18-2005 at 03:54 PM.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard600RR
How big is the file? I could probably host it.
It's not the size that's the problem but the URL itself. It's got some kinda secure address in it.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:42 PM

so capriossi won? thats underheard of that someone besides won..lol
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Nemesis

Yeah, he won. I knew he was going to win against Biaggi. Every time those two go head to head Capirossi always comes out on top.
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Nemesis

Protest placed on Rossi****MOTEGI SPOILER******

Just saw this at motogpdotcom

In one of the interview headline it reads:

Quote:
Gauloises Yamaha director Davide Brivio on the protest placed against Rossi.
Sounds like Honda Telefonica filed a complaint against Rossi--first with Sete, and now with Melandri.

Go Honda!!!
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:30 AM
SoCal600RR

It was ruled unfounded and thrown out. Screw Team Honda, they B&M about everything in every aspect of racing. Even in AMA when Yamaha won the other day Honda tried to say they were running illegal specs when officials couldnt find anything. Rossi is just flat out good.
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:31 PM
World Superbike Racer

Rossi read Milandri wrong, and caused the crash, but not intentionally or recklessly IMO. Sucks for Rossi because had he finished in 3rd or 4th, he would have had the championship wrapped up.

2005 BMW R1200GS
2005 Kawasaki KLR650
1971 Honda CL350
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:53 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

But did this not hapen with Hopkins last year and the hit him pretty good...it's just because it is Rossi nothing will happen.... but i agree it was just a racing incident.

Current Bikes:
2007 CBR600RR - Track Bike
1996 Honda Magna

Past Bikes:
1976 RD250
1989 RD400
1990 VFR
2003 CBR600RR
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 01:59 PM

this is the second time Rossi has bumped someone at a corner, while coming in from the rear. I think his explanation is BS. We have yet to hear Melandri's side of the story.. Rossi is losing his "friends" left and right. Forsy Biaggi, then Giberbneu and now probably Melandri. i think he should be banned from the next 3 races, just to make the championship more interesting.
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 03:45 PM

banned?

thats racing.. imo nothing but a mistake.well not the gibernau incident but this one was a simple mistake. thats pretty lame of honda.. crybabies
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:20 PM
World Superbike Racer

just one of them racing deals. sure it sucks, sure he's losing friends but stuff happens out there. and how is melandri gonna say any better about what rossi was doing that rossi can?

post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:58 PM

put your self in Melandri's seat (just imagine if you can) you don't see anything and all of a sudden, just as you start turning in bang! you are taken out by a rider coming in from behind, land on your a$$ with a deep flesh wound. all of this affecting your chances to pace 2nd in the championship standings. Rossi's claim about taking an inside line in BS, as he was right beside Melandri during corner entry.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 05:03 PM

I'll host as well if I can get a copy of the vid
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:12 PM

Melandri takes a different line than Rossi for that corner. Melandri goes wide then cuts in, Rossi just though that Melandri accidently went wide, so he went for the pass, and hence the collision. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intentional, why would he risk his campionship title just to make a risky pass to be in 3rd place? Even if he finish the race 4th he would still be garanteed the championship title. I just hope Melandri will be able to race @ Sepang!
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:24 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvlvr
this is the second time Rossi has bumped someone at a corner, while coming in from the rear. I think his explanation is BS. We have yet to hear Melandri's side of the story.. Rossi is losing his "friends" left and right. Forsy Biaggi, then Giberbneu and now probably Melandri. i think he should be banned from the next 3 races, just to make the championship more interesting.
Losing friends lft & rt?...He was never really friends w/ Biaggi at all. Always rivals, and Biaggi seems like he has more respect for Rossi now than before cuz he has accepted the fact that Rossi just just BETTER!

Gibernau's a good rider and is a nice guy...but he's still a bumb and that's not really a loss of a friendship!

And In Melandri's case...**** happens! It's a prt of racing and a part of life! I'm almost positive that Melandri will understand and accept that it was unintentional and will still be good friends w/ Rossi! Plus, they're fellow italians. If Rossi didn't care, then he wouldn't have ran to Melandri's aid when he was laying on the run-off, in pain!

And even if they were to ban Rossi for 3 races, even though imo that wouldn't be right in the first place, it wouldn't matter...Rossi has the title on LOCK!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
...And that's why I'm still here! :01_thumbu
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I watched it happen and I heard what Rossi said right after the crash in the interview. He said that he got into the corner too hot. Rossi made a mistake and got into the corner too hot and took another rider out. I don't think it was intentional at all because Rossi immediantly through up his hands after the crash and then didn't want to leave Melandri just laying there. The corner workers were telling him to get off the track and he wouldn't go.

The problem I see with this crash is that Rossi goes into corner too hot with someone in FRONT of him. That someone happens to be fighting for race positon as well as championship pionts position. Even if Rossi made a clean pass and finished 3rd it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the championship. Maybe he thought he was starting his run to the front as he always does. But that was Capirossi's day and no one was going to deny him victory.

post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 07:04 PM

well put newredrider. wherher or not it was intentional is not the issue. I don't think any rider wants to intentionally crash his million $ baby into another. its about making mistakes or taking risks that affect other riders. in this case it was unecessary. Rossi has admited that he makes winning lot easier than it really is. After qualifying 11th, moving upto 4th place was pretty impressive. And there was still half the race left. IMHO he was trying too hard and still no catching up with the lead pack.

My request for the 3 race ban for Rossi was just a joke. looking at the point standings, the championships could be over in the next race. It would be more interesting if it went on a little longer.
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef

Yeah, I was stoked... I was on top of the paddock, however, so I couldn't see the crash from where I was standing.. I saw the video of it when I headed back down to the Suzuki pit... John did pretty well posting 5th.. And I was stoked to watch Biaggi lead for a bit and take second...

Charlie "Blue"

It is the mark of a great mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Aristotle

facebook.com/senedane
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Mig
Bike Of The Month - 09/05

I think that instead of finding faults where they don't exist (it was a race incident), i think that honda should focus on building a wining bike or finding a wining pilot. Gibernau has just behaved like a crybaby since the begining of the season.

06 1K RR
Arata Slip-on
Mig's $.50 FE
Mirrors block off covers
Rear Seat Cowl
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:06 PM
World Superbike Racer

Regardless of intension, the factory will always fight controvertial wins, they will stand behind their factory guys. Remember Yamaha and Honda hate each other more than Sete, Girb, Giambi hate Rossi. Rossi's riding style is agressive, probably the most agressive in the circuit, which is the main reason he is on top, he takes more risks but soon some one will do the same to him if they dont lynch him 1st. Now about the comment that the RC211V is not a winning bike, i do not agree, its probably the best bike out there, it dominates in topspeed, in the turns, it just doesnt have risk taker driver to back it up.
bizzump.

"You motorboating son-of-a-bitch!"
http://www.myspace.com/thegovernor
http://www.teamosg.com
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Definitely Rossi's error, but at least he's making the effort to race, not like F1 in the past where teams organised a "non-race" to make sure the lead driver gets the points. I think he shows good spirit trying to win every race and not just cruising into the championship.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 10:46 PM
SoCal600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mig
I think that instead of finding faults where they don't exist (it was a race incident), i think that honda should focus on building a wining bike or finding a wining pilot. Gibernau has just behaved like a crybaby since the begining of the season.
Honda has the fastest bike in GP last I checked. The M1 is right there with it. Rossi won with honda non stop and now hes doing it with Yamaha. He is just good. As far as the incident why is this even a conversation? Rossi said he apologized and that is it. It was a mistake but it happens. That is RACING. If I got hit by Rossi when I know I changed lines I would say to myself "Well crap, I got in the way of the fastest motorcycle racer in the world" Rossi would never intentionally risk his championship like that. Who in their right mind would even think Rossi did this to take him out? Rossi still has the championship under wraps no matter what. Look at the points. Noone can touch him. I just want to see Texas Boy Edwards take second in the points and Ill be happy.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:21 AM
World Superbike Racer

SoCal600RR, well said.

"You motorboating son-of-a-bitch!"
http://www.myspace.com/thegovernor
http://www.teamosg.com
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnelcheeze
Regardless of intension, the factory will always fight controvertial wins, they will stand behind their factory guys. Remember Yamaha and Honda hate each other more than Sete, Girb, Giambi hate Rossi. Rossi's riding style is agressive, probably the most agressive in the circuit, which is the main reason he is on top, he takes more risks but soon some one will do the same to him if they dont lynch him 1st. Now about the comment that the RC211V is not a winning bike, i do not agree, its probably the best bike out there, it dominates in topspeed, in the turns, it just doesnt have risk taker driver to back it up.
bizzump.
i agree with most of your comment here.. those factory are at each other's throat.. don't agree with the riders though.... last yr.. tamada was 4 seconds ahead of rossi in japan.. and happened to be a bridgestone track.... laguna seca... yeah.. some pple in US are talking about conspiracy theory about rossi letting the 2 americans go 1 and 2... man.. it's not... hayden and edwards knows the track.. just like rossi knows all the motogp track in europe.. don't get me wrong.. rossi is a great rider.. no doubt there.. the point is.. if he goes against pple that knows the track.. tamada in japan.... hayden and edwards here in US. he will have a hard time... i want to see him against pedrosa when pedrosa goes to premier motogp next year.....pedrosa broke all of rossi's record in 125 and 250.. sorry about the long comment here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page