Had my first track day.... - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Had my first track day....

I went up to MAM last thursday to take their track school. I was really impressed with the course and learned a lot. They showed us the lines we should take and then followed each of us and gave us pointers on what we should be doing differently. I would have been a lot slower if I wouldn't have taken that course! It was definitely worth the money!

In fact, it was so much fun that I went to my second track day yesterday. Going around the track is just the most incredible thing I have ever done. It was so awesome to go around those long sweepers and work on holding a smooth line! I couldn't stop riding out there - I rode about 250 miles on the track yesterday. I'm at work right now, and I've just been grinning all day. I am hooked! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Over the last year, I've met a lot of people that said they gave up street riding and only ride on the track. Now I understand. If I had to choose between the street and the track it would be the track all the way. It's going to be a long year eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so I can afford this new addiction....but I know it will be worth it!

The biggest shock for me were how the liter bikes were running. The magazines always rave about how they handle like 600's, but with the exception of the straights, they were slow. It was so easy to pass them in corners. Even though they were faster in the straights, by the time we got to it I was so far ahead of them that they never caught me. Maybe the riders weren't very good??? There was one guy on a TZ250 and another guy had a 125cc - I can't even imagine how well those things handle.

CCS #56 Expert
ASRA #156

2008 CCS Great Plains Overall amateur champion

2008 Regional class championships:
GTO
GTU
Unlimited Supersport
Heavyweight Supersport
Unlimited Grand Prix
Unlimited Superbike
Middleweight Superbike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 PM

It's good to hear you had a good time. I've recently purchased an 05 RR and I'm really looking forward to saving some money up and doing a track day next year.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:01 PM
World Superbike Racer

Welcome to the addiction :)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 PM
World Superbike Racer

Aaahh, nothing like the first hit of the crack pipe. Welcome to your new addiction.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 10:06 PM

i know the feeling brother....i just had my first trackday event in homestead by STT (sportbiketracktime)...I am absolutely hooked and will be going to Moroso on OCt 1 to attend the race school.

Here's a pic and that picture is from my friend's mom, shes a great photographer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trackday.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	971  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page