Questions about CCS - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question Questions about CCS

Righty so i've decided to join CCS (FL region), but i have a few questions, so bare with me here, i'm riding my 600rr in my first baby novice year hopefully making it to the last race of the season at homestead so what classes can i join and what do people normally run, i dont really know how the whole weekend works, i think sat is practise and sunday is racing, but say i join only 2 classes how much is to enter each class and how many races would i get that day,someone told me that if i only joined 1 class i would only have 1 race on sunday, so i'm basically after any info cause i don't really have a clue about how it all works, thanks in advance and i'll try and stay out of ur way for when ur lapping me.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:58 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
allright so you have decided to join the CCS florida region, great! There are some classes you can join, just check out the ccsracing.com and its in the rule book. This is how the weekend works, saturday is practice day and sunday, there is 1 hour practice and then races start. I believe it's 75 dollars for the first race and 55 thereafter.

Have you gotten your race license? If not, you must attend a race school to receive your license and the license fee now is approximately around 75 dollars but I may be wrong. Good luck and Im sure I will see you out there as I am joining as well.

I am going to Moroso Oct 1-2.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papo600RR
allright so you have decided to join the CCS florida region, great! There are some classes you can join, just check out the ccsracing.com and its in the rule book. This is how the weekend works, saturday is practice day and sunday, there is 1 hour practice and then races start. I believe it's 75 dollars for the first race and 55 thereafter.

Have you gotten your race license? If not, you must attend a race school to receive your license and the license fee now is approximately around 75 dollars but I may be wrong. Good luck and Im sure I will see you out there as I am joining as well.

I am going to Moroso Oct 1-2.
i wanted to make it to moroso as well but my bike won't be ready in time,still got a few things left to do,just sent off for my race license today so happy with that,i read the rule book but still a bit confused tho. good luck at moroso fella.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 06:31 PM

what stuff do you have left to do?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:38 PM

Racing for the first time in novice all you need to do is safety wire stuff and put on race rubber. Trust me, you'll have so much going on the bike won't matter. Getting out there and getting your feet wet is most important. Once you have everything down then worry about your bike and mods, etc.

Just saw that you're in Jax... if you need help wiring it up PM me and I'll help. I'll be working on my bike and trailer from now until I leave for Moroso so it wouldn't be a problem.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122
Racing for the first time in novice all you need to do is safety wire stuff and put on race rubber. Trust me, you'll have so much going on the bike won't matter. Getting out there and getting your feet wet is most important. Once you have everything down then worry about your bike and mods, etc.

Just saw that you're in Jax... if you need help wiring it up PM me and I'll help. I'll be working on my bike and trailer from now until I leave for Moroso so it wouldn't be a problem.
Thanks but i'm ok about the bike,just have ordered a new rotor cause one was bent to hell,get some backround number plates from wrist twisters and fiberglass up the belly pan a bit,but i'm ok with that thanks again, i just need to know how the weekends actually work, like if i only enter 2 classes how many races will that get me on sunday? what classes to enter? things like that really, one more thing i only have a set of michelin race tires,and have been told dont run them in the damp or wet, so should i get a pair of pilot power for the damp and wet just to be on the safe side, and going with that is there always someone at the track that can change tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page