Jennings Feedback... - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Jennings Feedback...

This is for me and me only (anyone can read it, but I have my own agenda--VIR). We all know Kevin did a hell of a job putting things together last minute. Lord knows Eazy_E can cook some frikken food. And thank goodness Brandi brought excessive amounts of beer and some additional Baggage. Unfortunately, there was nothing we could do about the heat.

What else made the track day?

1) Beginners, did you feel you got enough instruction? Was there enough structure? Do you really know what the flags mean? Did you learn something? What would make a Jennings trackday better? Or any trackday?

2) Intermediates, was everyone safe? Should there have been a little bit more policing? Lots of people ran off, was it them, or was there something we missed? What would make a Jennings trackday better? Or any trackday?

3) Advance, (almost no wrecks -- I cannot remember one, Kudos) was there enough track time? Was the speed discrepancy good? What would make a Jennings trackday better? Or any trackday?

Please give constructive feedback. I know what I like in a trackday now and what I liked several years ago, and it is not the same thing. I am hoping to not lose track of what I used to want. Just in case we try to make a bigger venue in a year or so.

Signatures are stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:32 PM

I had a blast. While I'd intended to sort out the R1, I was probably more there just to hang with everyone and have a good time. While out in my sessions I rarely came across another rider which is good when you're trying to work stuff out. I don't think any changes need to be made to the format really. The heat was almost unbearable though. My laptimer read 108 degrees which led to nausea, cramping and lack of focus... so maybe Virginia would be a better locale. Even better would be Road A. I'd be willing to pony up the extra dough for that and I'm sure there'd be a lot of others too (Tuna for one).
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:44 PM

i had a great time. even after the wreck. flags were fine...once i remembered what the heck they were for.
structure wise, not so bad at all in fact. kudos to you and kevin for helping out the slower, less experienced people.
the heat...well, it's florida. and it sucked. the beer, thank god it was cold. and the food was awesome!!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
had a blast as well, and more props to Kevin for keeping everything running smoothly on such short notice.

i had no gripes, i personally would be happy with the same set up next time. more CR's/instructors in the first group would be nice, but understanding the circumstances, i know we did well with what we had available (Mike and Kevin). you both had a lot of people to look after and did very well with that job. from a control aspect, i think the people in the BEG group had their heads about them and didn't do anything stupid that would need to be pointed out like passing on the inside and such (that i know of). instruction is always real handy to have, but considering the price, i'm not complaining in the least. if i'm looking for hardcore 1-1 instruction, i'll go to cornerspeed's schools.

and i will give Brandi and her baggage props, they did drive my wrecked ass to Valdosta to get my clipon fixed... tell the boy wonder thanks again, B

HOOORRRAAAYYYY FOR BOOOOOTTIEES!!!

BALALALALALA OMG TERRORIST!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Superbike racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122
My laptimer read 108 degrees which led to nausea, cramping and lack of focus... so maybe Virginia would be a better locale. Even better would be Road A. I'd be willing to pony up the extra dough for that and I'm sure there'd be a lot of others too (Tuna for one).
I made the trip to the 1st 600RR day and I can tell you 20+ hours each way does suck, but it was worth it. I believe the 1st Jennings event was held mid to late October. Maybe Oct is better than Sept (not as hot)....But Road Atlanta would be better too :)

CCS EX#100
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 08:55 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would say the Intermediate group had enough common sense, and trackdays, to know what to and not to do. I think most of the run off's, in our group, were due to the few that were trying to push their personal bests in 100+ degree weather. After 4 or 5 laps, the muscles started to get tired and the sweat was rolling down my nose. This course gives you no time to relax.

I didn't see any inside passing or stuffing. Couple of buzzes and such by nothing too close. An occasional run off cause someone and myself were playing, hehehe.

All in all, good safe day. I'd say the heat had the most effect on people and the trackday. Kudo's to you and Kevin and the many others that made it a successful event. :icon_salu

Fire Coming Out Of The Monkeys Head
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think its really hard to give good feedback from this particular track day. For me, the heat totally kicked my arse. Being on the track is supposed to be fun, for me this last weekend, being on the track wasn't fun....it was just too hard for me to concentrate and I felt like I was trying to ride with a hangover and lack of sleep. I enjoyed seeing everyone, but it just seemed like there was something in the air on saturday. you would look around and just see people either struggling to get a tire on, or totally spent from the heat, etc etc. For me, the heat killed it. I think everyone was just running around on auto pilot. I will probably never try to ride in such conditions again. I almost dumped it in turn 10. Totally avoidable mistake. I came out of 9 and just whacked the throttle wide open coming into 10 wwaayyy to fast and had to run off. I almost didn't get the bike turned before I hit the fence. How I pulled that off, I have no idea. but afterwards I was like what the hell was I doing. I"m just glad I made it through the weekend and back home safely.

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Training Wheel Hero

It was nice of you and Kevin to take out of your own track time and help out the beginners. It seemed like the people you were helping didn't always know that you were trying to assist them when you would get ahead of them out on the track

Some of the gestures you were making may be logical, but I'm sure they were worried about other things. When you keep the beginers behind after the morning rider's meeting, maybe go over what some simple gestures mean that you will use. But, I guess that might be a lot to soak in when you throw all the flag definitons in there too.

I'm not sure what was worse, the heat or those damn bugs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page