Sepang *****SPOILER***** - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sepang *****SPOILER*****

had a feeling that rossi would do it again. 7 times. damnit. i really wish hayden would have done better. anybody watch??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Superbike racer

Sete pulled another bone head move. Hayden is close but just doesn't seem to be able to keep the pace for an entire race.....I am not a Rossi fan and would like to see someone give him a better race, but we are witnessing the greatest racer ever which is pretty kewl

CCS EX#100
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 08:01 PM
World Superbike Racer

I was wondering what happened to Hayden as well. He was running in front of Rossi and with Rossi and Capirossi for a while, then after Checa passed him he just fell off. He went from less than a second or 2 behind Checa to 7 seconds in like a lap.

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 08:14 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Yeah what the hell is up with Sete? He's riding like **** and ruining it for everyone else. Sucked for Nakano. When Sete bumped into Hayden. It looked like Nicky got pissed and pulled off the fastest lap. Just goes to show Nicky needs someone to slap him around once in while to get him going. I'd say it was one of the better races of the year. I am a Rossi fan. But I like it when someone steps it up and gives him a battle. Bring in Mladin!!!

IG: moto_neil
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 08:15 PM

Checa just about passed rossi in the end... The man was on fire.

I think "Fayden" was done with his tires...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
What ever its supposed to be....

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDiddy
I was wondering what happened to Hayden as well. He was running in front of Rossi and with Rossi and Capirossi for a while, then after Checa passed him he just fell off. He went from less than a second or 2 behind Checa to 7 seconds in like a lap.

It's pretty damn obvious what happened to him, he just can't keep up. Yet.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Bring in Mladin!!!
You're kidding, right? He'd get killed! AMA isn't at BSB level, and even BSB riders get nailed in MotoGP. Look how badly Hodgson did in MotoGP and how well he's doing in AMA.

Hayden is proof. Won the AMA, but where is he now? And on the factory Honda? He eats his tires in a few laps and then drifts backwards... every, single time. And no, Laguna doesn't count, cos that was purely home-track advantage.

As for Rossi, he's a phenomenon, pure and simple. I think he's going to take next year as well, and then we'll see about the 800cc machines.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proze
You're kidding, right? He'd get killed! AMA isn't at BSB level, and even BSB riders get nailed in MotoGP. Look how badly Hodgson did in MotoGP and how well he's doing in AMA.

Hayden is proof. Won the AMA, but where is he now? And on the factory Honda? He eats his tires in a few laps and then drifts backwards... every, single time. And no, Laguna doesn't count, cos that was purely home-track advantage.

As for Rossi, he's a phenomenon, pure and simple. I think he's going to take next year as well, and then we'll see about the 800cc machines.
I think Rossi has proven that its the man not the machine.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 05:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
I think Rossi has proven that its the man not the machine.
+1. Honda has the best motogp bike. the top 10 standings... like 6 of them are hondas. rossi eats them up. its insane.

whats got into capirossi all of a sudden? ducati switches to bridgestones and he goes back to back. maybe a preview of next year? or after rossi goes to F1?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 06:05 PM

Quote:

Where is Hayden now? Good question, he's the 6th best rider in the WORLD right now, and only 25 points behind the second best rider in the WORLD. Had he not had the misfortune of crashing out of 2 races this year he would be in second place right now.

Jesus, give the kid a break allready. Him dropping off the pace after Checa passed was the smartest thing for him to do. There was no way his tires would be able to keep the pace of the Ducs on the 'stones. The person in 5th was well behind him, so there was no reason for him to push the bike harder and potentially crash.

Hodgson did poorly because he was riding a unpolished bike. Hopkins has more talent than half the Moto GP grid, he's just loves punishing himself on the POS Zook.

Mladin on a Zook would be a disaster. Mladin on a Honda or Duc would mean success.

Last edited by wolfpac52; 09-27-2005 at 06:08 PM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 PM
World Superbike Racer

Mladin had his chance in 1993 and knows he can't hang.

2005 BMW R1200GS
2005 Kawasaki KLR650
1971 Honda CL350
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 07:06 PM

I think after Sete smacked into Hayden it took a chunk from his front tire and that pretty much took care of his day
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 07:40 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpac52
Mladin on a Zook would be a disaster. Mladin on a Honda or Duc would mean success.
Yes. This is what I was thinking. Sure Hayden won the AMA. But Mladin has done it more times in a more dominant fashion than Nicky did. True Mladin had his chance, true Mladin is a bit older. But it seems that he's only gotten better. At Laguna Seca he was 3 seconds off the leaders pace on the Gixxer that would put him at mid pack in Moto GP. I'd like to see Mladin get a ride on a top GP Honda or Ducati. Don't get me wrong, I'm routing for Nicky too. But you can't say the best of the best are all in MotoGP when riders like Mladin are constantly setting the bar higher.

Quote:
Yeah AMA is at a higher level than BSB! This year, Hodgson has been quoted saying that the AMA has more talent than in any other national series. That coming from a former BSB and WSB champion, I'd say the talent of AMA riders goes a bit deeper than the BSB riders.

IG: moto_neil
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Superbike racer

I read somewhere that Hodgeson said Mladin could win the WSBK without any issues. On the right bike Mladin would be a top 5 rider in MotoGP

CCS EX#100
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 10:12 PM

Not taking anything away from Mladin, he has talent, but the AMA is a joke.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
For another viewpoint on the Sete crash:

This is of course, not counting the run-in he and Hayden had at the holeshot.. but the crash he finally had with Nakano, sure, it looked like Sete came in hot on the inside, but from the camera angle I was at, it seemed as if he slowed down enough to keep his line.. It was when Nakano cut back into Seta that they both went down (it was the exact same thing Rossi did to Sete at Jerez)

It just seems to me that Sete would've had the right of way if this was a blame game, being that he was on his line on the inside, and Nakano leaned into him.. anyone else?

^chka0tic :: WERA N#721 :: 2003 Honda CBR600RR
- OverTwo Customs / http://www.overtwocustoms.com/
- Vortex Racing / www.vortexracing.com
- RK Chain / www.rkexcelamerica.com
- Lockhart Phillips / www.teamprivateer.com
-
- www.sponsorhouse.com/members/chkaotic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page