piston style stabilizers... - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
piston style stabilizers...

I currently have a Hyperpro active steering dampner on my bike...which i love..but i'm planning on making it a more track only bike for next year...from what I've read...piston style dampners will damage alot easier(in a getoff) apposed to a scotts and gpr style stabilizer....plus they are supose to be a lot easier to work on...

so... should I think about getting a different dampner before the season starts? ...or wait to see what happens?...or am I just worring to much... anyone have experience with both styles that they can give me the pro's and the con's? I just really hate to get ride of the hyperpro...but if it's going to save me some money in the future...i'll do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 09:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What you are saying is true, the rotary(scotts) style damper do usually protect themselves better in a "getoff" situation. I chose to get an Ohlins damper and have not had any problems with it, but I haven't crashed with it either. In my opinion there is no reason to spend more money on a damper, when you already have one that you are satisfied with.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 10:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how could this possibly save you money in the future? If you buy a new one now, or later IFF your hyperpro gets wadded. Cant lose anything by waiting my friend. Verdict: dont buy a new one.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
well..i could sell mine now... and buy one that is more crash worthy...before it's too late...

i'll probably just stick with my hyperpro though... i don't plan on going down that hard anytime soon(i hope!)... and I guess if i do...i'll probably have more things to worry about than a $400 dampner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page