Back in the saddle... Las Vegas Motor Speedway Classic Course 10/02/2005 - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back in the saddle... Las Vegas Motor Speedway Classic Course 10/02/2005

It's been about a month since a vicious high side from going over the paint at Buttonwillow Raceway in California on 08/28/05 and I'm finally back doing the track days. Just wanted to share a pic below from a track day I just did at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I have to say the paint has got me a little scared but throughout the day I started getting closer and closer and began scraping the rumble strips. Big thanks to Mike LaPutt from http://www.trackday.net, his pics and camera work is incredible.

Here's me inching a little bit more to the paint, trying to get comfy with my best friend, Mr. Yellow Paint :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 05:55 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great pic bro . . . .. good job gettin right back into the swing of things ! ! ! . . I know the same feeling .. .

Always passing Gixxer's on the outside ! ! ! . . . .

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005, 06:14 AM

that's a great pic, you can see the concentration and focus in your eyes....
very cool :)

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Thanks MotoMike25 and sarawalker. I did another track day again today at Buttonwillow and everything went super smooth. Confidence is back and it's time to pick up the pace! I'm so stuck in this motorcycle stuff... the credit card companies hung me on their walls as their number one customer :)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
nice to see you back...great pic. look good there. I was just at buttonwillow last tuesday again (I was also there on the 29th, day after your crash). I hear ya on the CC thing...

Pablo...2004 cbr600rr

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

awesome, thanks pantablo. We need to ride together. You go out with James and them from sportbikers.net right? I'll cruise out with you next time I see you out there.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 02:06 AM
Moto GP Racer

not very often actually. I did last weekend because I was giving a friend a ride in the canyons. They're a mellower group than my usual riding buddies. Good people.

I'll still hook up with them occasionally. I'm hoping to do enough trackdays between now and end of year to prevent me from putting the street bodywork on!

Pablo...2004 cbr600rr

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 08:52 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
:icon_salu way to go man that is the spirit awesome picture by the way
one picture aint enough post some more when you get a chance
thanks

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 09:57 AM

Nice one. Looking relaxed.

Whats the track like? I might over from the UK next April. Is that layout, surface, facilities good?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo
not very often actually. I did last weekend because I was giving a friend a ride in the canyons. They're a mellower group than my usual riding buddies. Good people.

I'll still hook up with them occasionally. I'm hoping to do enough trackdays between now and end of year to prevent me from putting the street bodywork on!
cool pantablo. keep us posted with your track days. hit up some weekend ones :)
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman
:icon_salu way to go man that is the spirit awesome picture by the way
one picture aint enough post some more when you get a chance
thanks
thanks moe! i'll post more when i download them from the camera.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale
Nice one. Looking relaxed.

Whats the track like? I might over from the UK next April. Is that layout, surface, facilities good?
Hi dale,
The Las Vegas Classic Course is not as fun as the Las Vegas infield. I compare the infield as a little version of the the California Speedway track in Fontana, California that the AMA pros race at. The track day organizers seem to change up the track configuration as they see fit so I haven't done the Classic Course the same more than once. This past weekend they added a chicane made of cones to slow down the entry of one of the turns and they cut off one of the longer straights by adding cones as well. It was really fun though trying to learn the new line and getting it at the end.

Good luck if you're moving to the States and let us know if you begin frequenting the tracks.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predikt
Hi dale,
The Las Vegas Classic Course is not as fun as the Las Vegas infield. I compare the infield as a little version of the the California Speedway track in Fontana, California that the AMA pros race at. The track day organizers seem to change up the track configuration as they see fit so I haven't done the Classic Course the same more than once. This past weekend they added a chicane made of cones to slow down the entry of one of the turns and they cut off one of the longer straights by adding cones as well. It was really fun though trying to learn the new line and getting it at the end.

Good luck if you're moving to the States and let us know if you begin frequenting the tracks.
Thanks for the info. Not moving though, Im just over for a stag night and was hoping to tie in with the Freddie Spencer school, if they have something on. Ill remember and ask them which layout they will be using.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Oh okay. In either case, I have heard great things about Freddie Spencer's school from several people. Although in my opinion the Infield is funner than the Classic Course, the instruction itself matters the most. I will be attending that school when I have the money to do so. Have a safe trip and fun if you join the school.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by predikt
cool pantablo. keep us posted with your track days. hit up some weekend ones :)
November 26-Ca Speedway, AMA course with fastrack. Already registered. Its on a saturday and its expensive (not because its a weekend, because its fontana) but I figure I gotta do it once just to say I did. All my friends rave about it-fast, technical, smooth new pavement, the banking, yada yada yada...I really cant justify regularly spending $249/trackday when I can get 2 in for that much at buttonwillow or willow springs.

Oh, and on oct 20th I'll be at buttonwillow ($84 trackday with zoomzooom!), and december at willow springs with MTC. I may try to squeeze in more than one a month...but I'm just getting greedy at that point.

8^)

Pablo...2004 cbr600rr

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:03 AM

good for you predikt! i get that same feeling with my best friend, turn 3 over at big willow haha...hey come join me at big willow on oct. 24 or anyone else for that matter

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33373

i posted this in the west coast forums...check it out, hope some of u guys can make it

cheers
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Perfect. I'll see you on the 26th pantablo. I'm going to be taking the WERA racing license school that day. Woohoo! One step closer to my dream :)
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
good for you predikt! i get that same feeling with my best friend, turn 3 over at big willow haha...hey come join me at big willow on oct. 24 or anyone else for that matter

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33373

i posted this in the west coast forums...check it out, hope some of u guys can make it

cheers
haha, thanks Andrew. Cool, I'll see if I can make it out. I already swapped a day out of the week with work for a trackday but I'll see if I can come out to the Big Track. Let us know all the other days you go out. I forgot who I spoke with before about the track days at your office. Is there a Brian over there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page