Quote from Hopkins on his deal with Suzuki - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote from Hopkins on his deal with Suzuki

Hey all, sorry if this is a repost, but I just read the hayden/Qatar thread and it seemed a lot of people didn't know the details about Hopper.

Here are his words directly quoted.

===============

Hello everybody and as always, welcome to all the new members!!! Thanx for the support!!! Well, basically just wanted to check in and give you some insight on the latest news. Especially, the most important one, with my new two year deal wit Suzuki!!! I know some of you may be thinking "what the hell was he thinking ?" It wasn't the easiest of decisions, but here are my reasons: 1). The thing that would have upset me more than anything, was for Suzuki to get it completely right the next one or two years (which I have faith in!), and me not being there, therefore leaving a bike I have spent the last 3 years developing for some other rider to reap the benefits! 2). Having the same crew!!! I have an awesome crew chief that understands my style and knows just how I like the machine to react. Also, a group of mechanics that work extremely hard (especially in Germany) and are a hilarious, great group of people! 3). I have a lot of respect for Paul Denning!!! I have every bit of faith that Paul is going to do everything in his power to have me on a very competitive machine, plus he doesn't take no for an answer! [so if you read this Paul don't let me down : ) ] 4). From the information I have been given recently, I suspect that our progress rate will increase rapidly over the next 3 to 4 months, and carry on from there, just from engine parts being built in Japan now (cant give any specifics at this time, sorry ). On top of it all, the other way we looked at it, is that it gives me another 2 years to improve myself on and off of the race track, leaving me to be 24 and 6 years moto gp experience. I plan on being around a long time and I still, and will, have every bit of hunger and determination to win the world championship!!! All and all, it was the best decision I could have made and I sincerely thank all of you who support that!!! Other than that, I'm just here in the Midlands, England, enjoying the last couple sunny days!!! Have a mate over from San Diego at the moment that's never been overseas, so he's finding it quite interesting. Planning on going Supermotard riding a few days this week at Chaz Davies house, so hopefully the weather holds out for that!!! For those of you that are interested and live in the U. K., I will be in the Eurosport studios for the world superbike race on Sunday and possibly at British superbikes on the Saturday. On a less lighter note, I just thought I'd mention that Desiree and myself are no longer together anymore. Won't get in to it, but it was a decision made after mutual agreements. Good luck to her for the future and may all her dreams come true!!! Since she was a part of my career for so long, I figured some of you would want to know about that. So, that leaves me single, free, and with my eye on the prize!!! Well, next race is Motegi and if I can actually get through turn one on the first lap, I might have a hell of a race!!! Marta: Thank you for your support and all the questions you have asked can be answered on www.Suzuki-***********. In regards to the Chris Jones incident: You went out doing what you loved! May you rest in peace! My thoughts go out to you, your family, and friends. Godspeed!!! Well, until next time, everyone keep them posts flowing and I look forward to reading them day after day, Cheers Ladies and Gentlemen "Stayin classy and Keeping It Stateside for sure !!!! "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 01:09 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I hope Hopper gets to be up front more...on another note: man his girl Desiree was hot...

IG: moto_neil
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:23 PM
cvlighthouse

She sure was a little firecracker! He's got so much poone-tang to chase in Europe! Go Suzie!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 02:47 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
echoes
thanks for the link bro good luck hopper

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 PM

Nice of Hopper to mention a few kind words of respect in referance to sad death of Chris Jones, RIP.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:27 PM
crotch_rocket_pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote
I hope Hopper gets to be up front more...on another note: man his girl Desiree was hot...

I really like hopkins. He seems to have alot of heart, I wouldnt mind seeing him at or near the top. What do you mean she "was" hot? Did they break up...I dont keep up with these things. I just remember seeing her on the Movie "Faster".
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Back in the Day

here is his quote
On a less lighter note, I just thought I'd mention that Desiree and myself are no longer together anymore. Won't get in to it, but it was a decision made after mutual agreements. Good luck to her for the future and may all her dreams come true!!! Since she was a part of my career for so long, I figured some of you would want to know about that. So, that leaves me single, free, and with my eye on the prize

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 PM

Read the first post dude
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Superbike racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotch_rocket_pilot
I really like hopkins. He seems to have alot of heart, I wouldnt mind seeing him at or near the top. What do you mean she "was" hot? Did they break up...I dont keep up with these things. I just remember seeing her on the Movie "Faster".
ya gotta read the article

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes
Hey all, sorry if this is a repost, but I just read the hayden/Qatar thread and it seemed a lot of people didn't know the details about Hopper.

Here are his words directly quoted.

===============

On a less lighter note, I just thought I'd mention that Desiree and myself are no longer together anymore. Won't get in to it, but it was a decision made after mutual agreements. Good luck to her for the future and may all her dreams come true!!! Since she was a part of my career for so long, I figured some of you would want to know about that. So, that leaves me single, free, and with my eye on the prize!!!

CCS EX#100
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:24 PM
crotch_rocket_pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethebike
Read the first post dude

Eh...I feel retarded now. I thought I read the whole thing. I'm at work and I got distracted. Thats what happens when you get interupted from your 600rr.net time with work. D'oh!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Back in the Day

BT
you have been really busy your number of posts is proof
BTW your new avatar kicks ass man

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 PM

i agree....his girl does look good:)
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 PM
crotch_rocket_pilot

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman
BT
you have been really busy your number of posts is proof
BTW your new avatar kicks ass man

He is stealing eazy e's glory. He worked hard at whoring for all those posts...and lost the top spot to a cheater. I cry foul! lol
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 PM
The ULTIMATE 1 Upper

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
YEah...She's HOT!!!!!

A wise man once said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman View Post
It aint that easy to depart once u are in you are in for life regardless of what u ride
...And that's why I'm still here! :01_thumbu
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
World Superbike Racer

Next question: Hopper's (ex) Desiree, or Duhamel's Linnea Deguzman? (Speaking of whom....ever notice how much Linnea is mugging for the camera? Oh well, I'm not complaining.)
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:20 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi888
Next question: Hopper's (ex) Desiree, or Duhamel's Linnea Deguzman? (Speaking of whom....ever notice how much Linnea is mugging for the camera? Oh well, I'm not complaining.)

That question is useless without pics

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:35 PM
cvlighthouse

Miguel's Linnea:

Hopkin's Desiree: (my chioce)

Sete's Esther:

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 06:43 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I would pick Desiree.

IG: moto_neil
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:25 PM
World Superbike Racer

You guys hear about Rossi chatting up Brianna Banks after the USGP?

And Id pick Desiree

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeman
echoes
thanks for the link bro good luck hopper
No prob :)

I can understand hoppers decision... but I just hope it doesnt kill his chances if Suzuki never gets it together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page