Rummor Mill: Sete to join Suzuki? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Rummor Mill: Sete to join Suzuki?

Word around other forums is Sete is signing with Suzuki next season.

Anyone else hear anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:15 AM

ill cry. You're my boy sete!! (said like: you're my boy blue)
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:44 AM

i heard he was heading to ducati to fill in checa's spot

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:47 AM

Well Rossi won't have to worry much about Sete spoiling the curse then.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

The ducati info is old news compared to the suzuki rumors.
I herd about the Suzuki info after Qatar...

Either way, it looks like he wont be with Honda next season.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 02:04 AM

It doesn't matter where he goes. He's lost his head, and if he can't win for Honda then he can't win for anyone else. i bet if rossi went to suzuki or kawi he would win no matter what.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:17 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///nando1
It doesn't matter where he goes. He's lost his head, and if he can't win for Honda then he can't win for anyone else. i bet if rossi went to suzuki or kawi he would win no matter what.
Sete = FLUKE
Melandri has stolen his spot light. AND I predict SETE goes to DUCATI, cuz Chis Vermulen is going to tear it up. Vermulen and Hayden riding factor honda's. MAX & Melandri moviestar. this leaves a SETE looking for a ride . I can see it now, Sete begging:icon_lol: Ducati to sigh him
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Training Wheel Hero

as we know all motogp riders are exeptionally gifted but i'm not very impressed with hayden. i say keep sete putting him on the factory and bump hayden.

Vermulen definitely an excellent rider. The things he's doing with the 1000rr is amazing.
Lets get him on a GP bike now!!!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by muvon2000
as we know all motogp riders are exeptionally gifted but i'm not very impressed with hayden. i say keep sete putting him on the factory and bump hayden.

Vermulen definitely an excellent rider. The things he's doing with the 1000rr is amazing.
what are you talking about?!?! hayden has been fairly consistant this year. where as seti is the one with the not-so-impressive year... seti began the year with a shot to beat rossi and has gone no where but towards the back. where as hayden has started in the back and moved his way up to the front.

i think hayden should keep his factory ride. rollorcoster max needs to be booted from his factory gig, and replaced with vermulen. hayden and vermulen would make a great team.

Tony Wang
CMRA\CCS #206

www.myspace.com/twang1978
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muvon2000

Well I guess we will know in 8days, 8 Hours and 15 Minutes......When Vermulen rides Bayliss's bike for the Oz GP... :j:
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM

Nicky already has his contract for next year and it's 99% done that Pedrosa will be his teammate next year. I'm pretty sure Vermuelen isn't coming to GP, he'll stay in WSB.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Hayden and Pedrosa are definates for the Repsol Honda next season.

Melandri will be staying with Gresini's team while Sete is probably off to Ducati.
Telefonica Movistar are no longer sponsoring this team - putting all there cash into Spanish F1 driver Alonso. Likely sponsor will be Fortuna.

Camel look as if they could be ditching Sito Pons' Honda team, possibly sponsoring Suzuki - so if thats the case Biaggi could be going there as he has a deal with Camel.
Looking forward to Vermulen on the Honda in Phillip Island though - really rate him as a rider. Fair play to Shakey for the two races he's had on it. Could still be in with a chance of a future ride for them too.

Chances of a Honda Europe MotoGP team? + Rossi setting his own team up in the near future?
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Nicky & Pedrosa would make a great team and another great team
of Vermuelen & Melandri would be sweet as well but like GoBB said
Vermuelen aint leaving WSB cause TEN KATE aint going to let him
go that easy

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:42 AM

I think Pedrosa is gonna have trouble on the bike. Have you seen that guy?! He's TINY!!
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 10:45 AM

Pedrosa is a right midget! - he'll be a lot more competitive the season after next when the bike will be a little bit smaller.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 11:56 AM
cvlighthouse

Bump Casey Stoner up!

I'd be willing to bet that Honda decides Chris Vermuelen's fate. It's like this; If you want factory Showa support (instead of WP) your going to have to do it on a RC211V. Nuff said.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mule-madness
what are you talking about?!?! hayden has been fairly consistant this year. where as seti is the one with the not-so-impressive year... seti began the year with a shot to beat rossi and has gone no where but towards the back. where as hayden has started in the back and moved his way up to the front.

i think hayden should keep his factory ride. rollorcoster max needs to be booted from his factory gig, and replaced with vermulen. hayden and vermulen would make a great team.
don't get me wrong I think hayden (and brothers) is a good rider, but how many times has he pushed Rossi in the front during any part of the race (exception of the win where Rossi looked out of it). Yes he's consistent, he waits for others to make mistakes and overcome their spot because he doesn't have to push as hard on a superior bike. Smart but boring. I'd rather see Sete challenging Rossi for the spot than watch Hayden coast around behind him.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:03 PM

According to this weeks MCN (I know its known for its bullshit), but Stoner could be having talks with Yamaha MGP team - especially if rossi goes it alone. And hayden's younger brother Roger, could be riding the Kwak in the Aus GP as Jacque, the stand in for Hoffman is injured.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:05 PM
cvlighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethebike
According to this weeks MCN (I know its known for its bullshit), but Stoner could be having talks with Yamaha MGP team - especially if rossi goes it alone. And hayden's younger brother Roger, could be riding the Kwak in the Aus GP as Jacque, the stand in for Hoffman is injured.
Go Roger Lee! Nice info Mike...
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!

Nicky isn't going anywhere. He's got the spotlight in the media right now.
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 10:12 AM

Jaque is most likely riding, so unfortunately I don't think Rog is gonna get that ride. Would have been a nice opportunity for him!
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef

Nicky and Pedrosa are defs from what I understand... Roberts may be loosing his Suzuki ride, and if Camel gives Suzuki sponsorship (Which, in my conversations with Stuart over there Suzuki I was told they are hurting for.. badly.... very badly... deathly badly.... you get the idea, they need money ;-)) I'm hoping Max goes to 'zuki.. Hopkins and Biaggi would be awesome in my POV.....

Charlie "Blue"

It is the mark of a great mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Aristotle

facebook.com/senedane
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005, 11:35 PM
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!

Did anyone consider the fact that Sete burned bridges at Suzuki?
John Hopkins is running from the GSV after all the crashes and problems.
Who would want to ride that POS anyways? esp. after riding the RC?
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 12:18 AM
World Superbike Racer

Hopkins just resigned with Zuk for 2 years. So I dont see how he is running from it.

And I really cant see Sete going to Zuk. Life after RC211V? Unless you are Rossi it cant be worth it. Unless no one else would take him in that case just get a ride.

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 03:19 AM Thread Starter

Ehh... looks like its Biaggi who might be moving to Suzuki via Camel sponsership.

details somewhere in this huge essay
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 10:24 AM

Biaggi though despite his ties with Camel, still insists that he'll be on a honda next year. Melandri's team mate at Gresini's Fortuna backed honda team ???
It definately looks as if fat Kenny is on his way out, for god's sake, not one to piss on one of your fellow brothers, but fcuk me keeping him there on the back of a default world championship title is ridiculous. Fcuk him off and give the ride to someone younger with an appetite, other than that of burgers!!! Bloody dead wood!
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Tell me I'm cool PLEASE!

Hopkins has had 2 bad years on the GSV. Too many tech problems. He's a good rider on a bad machine.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird180
Hopkins has had 2 bad years on the GSV. Too many tech problems. He's a good rider on a bad machine.

He is a good rider, but he is excited to be sticking with Suzuki for another two years to help develope the machine... I personally think its a mistake. Not just because I don't like Suzuki, but the fact that he could be wasting his prime motogp time "developing" instead of winning.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Although I like him, I don't think Vermeulen is all that good. I read somewhere he said
"once you get in to GPs it seems pretty hard to get fired". C'mon now,there are guys who should be there who aren't and guys who shouldn't be there and are, but you shouldn't go to GPs with that mentality. Besides, I don't think he has much to show for. He does have WSBK wins and WSS title, but to me, he had the best developed bike out there (besides Ducati), and he got beat by Corser, a better rider.
Also, he is coming from SBK, with the exception of Tamada, Edwards and Hayden, the SBK guys seem to be at a huge disadvantage from not learning the tracks and how to ride a two stroke, which is how the GP bikes are being developed. Plus, the move to 800cc only will make it harder...
I see the best riders coming from 250s, because all those guys are scappy. Also, if I were Honda, I would sign Ryuichi Kiyonari back into GPs to partner Tamada. That guy has shown what he can do on Michelin tires and on tracks he has seen for the second time.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 02:23 PM
cvlighthouse

So you think that a 250GP rider is better than a 2nd place World Superbike rider? I wouldn't say that he had the best bike out there . He had problems with WP early on and that's why he is demanding Showa factory support. Perhaps Corser wouldn't have gotten such a jump on the series if Chris had the Showa support. I personally think he is better than Hayden....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page