Day of Champions/Daytona 10/20-23/05 - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question Day of Champions/Daytona 10/20-23/05

I Just wondering if i can practise at this event,i have sent off for my license with CCS FL region but haven't got anything back yet, but i really want to get on my bike, can anyone let me know if i can get to this event, i heard from someone i can go in the practise events only and not race but i just want to ride the thing. and if i can then whats my next step. i have been on the CCS website but dont know what i should do.

Thanks in advance

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 06:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tony, if you haven't raced yet I would STRONGLY suggest against starting at DIS. There are things that are in play there that you really don't want to have to worry about when you're starting out. It seems cool, and to some extent it is, but it is by far the easiest place to severly injure yourself if you make a mistake.
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but I had plenty of races under my belt when I first went there and it was still very intimidating. While you're riding you start to notice that in some spots if you come off, you're done.
If you end up going, I can give you a couple of do's and don'ts.
1) Never, under ANY circumstances look behind you while you're on the banking. It's a good way to end up in the wall.
2) Remember that while on the banking the reason you can turn that tight a radius at that ridiculous speed is the angle of the bank, the missing part of the equation is G force. It's pretty strong, make sure your bike is a little stiffer than usual.
3) Gear your bike about one tooth lower in the back than theoretical top speed because of the draft... it's enough to put you into the rev limiter most of the time.
4) Most importantly, watch the seagulls in the international horseshoe. If they are grouped all on the track, mind your manners in that corner. It is notoriously slippery and that's why (seriously) so give it a day or two to come in (and be sure to kick a seagull if you get the chance :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page