First timer at Hallett, Oct. 15th pics - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:38 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First timer at Hallett, Oct. 15th pics

Well I made it to my first trackday, got a few decent pictures. The Hart school was pretty good, learned a few things and had a blast on the track. Although next time I will be signing up for the street group.

"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence".

Last edited by The Power Of Dreams; 01-23-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:41 AM

ahhh man, sorry to hear about ur lil mishap...got all winter to fix her up and get ready for next year again.

oh and it looks like u used a post-it to cover ur headlight :icon_lol:
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:25 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry to hear about the getoff, there were alot of them this weekend.. and I feel your pain on the swingarm spool tab, happened to me back on labor day coming out of turn 11.. I'll have to post up the video/pics when i get them myself..

^chka0tic :: WERA N#721 :: 2003 Honda CBR600RR
- OverTwo Customs / http://www.overtwocustoms.com/
- Vortex Racing / www.vortexracing.com
- RK Chain / www.rkexcelamerica.com
- Lockhart Phillips / www.teamprivateer.com
-
- www.sponsorhouse.com/members/chkaotic

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Power Of Dreams
...Last session of the day... Im not sure if it's bad luck or I did something wrong. I had been hiting that corner same speed really smoothly all day...
Sorry to hear bout you get off... Although, you answered your own question without even realizing it. The first and last sessions of the day will always be the most crash prone and dangerous session of the day.

I make it a point to skip the last session of the day. Simply because I have a hard time gaugeing how tired I truely am... Just the slightest bit of fatigue will put you on your but.

On a related note, I would have like to have come out the past weekend, but I'm head'n down to Barber at the end of the month, and I just can't afford two trackdays in one month! Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up with you all next time.

Tony Wang
CMRA\CCS #206

www.myspace.com/twang1978
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 10:34 AM

Dude! It really sucks that a freggin' footpeg and a bump caused all that! Intially I thought that you were my buddy who rides silver/black F4i, but then I saw your helmet and depression set in! Glad to see that you got up, and good to see you at the cafe later! Give me a shout if you need that OEM replacement left bar......I sells it cheap!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Thanks guys

chkaotic- Sorry I missed you man, it seemed like I was always rushing to get back to the hart class after every session. Im pretty sure I saw you on the track a few times though. I was sitting in the stands at turn 9 a little bit. Flat black RR right?

Mule- Youre exactly right man. I was pry just more tired than I realized. Im sure I will see ya over there in the spring time.

Zoso- It was great to meet ya man, And it was alot of fun riding around the track with you. keep in touch and let me know what days you will be over there next season. Oh yea, and i will send ya a PM about that clip-on.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Sorry to hear about this, one of the reasons why i'm scared to take my bike to the track, however no frame sliders on the bike?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSURR
Sorry to hear about this, one of the reasons why i'm scared to take my bike to the track, however no frame sliders on the bike?
Again, remember frame sliders are built to save your frame not your fairings.

Anyhow, sorry about your get off. You still look good through the turns and sounds like you were having a blast till the last session.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I'm glad to hear to had a good time! Of course I'm sorry to hear about the get-off, however, I'm sure you'll be up and at it again next season!

BTW, if you look at your outside leg in the pictures, there is a gaping hole between your thigh and the tank. This is usually an indication of someone trying to put their knee on the ground instead of letting it come as a consequence of carrying a good bit of corner speed (i.e. you are sliding off the seat more than necessary so your knee hits the ground). I used to do that also until I was corrected by a good TPM coach. Could be wrong, but just my opinion.

At any rate...the pix look good! Well done and I hope you are back up and running soon!

"If you can't be a shining example, be a glaring warning."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 12:56 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Power Of Dreams
chkaotic- Sorry I missed you man, it seemed like I was always rushing to get back to the hart class after every session. Im pretty sure I saw you on the track a few times though. I was sitting in the stands at turn 9 a little bit. Flat black RR right?
Yah.. w/ yellow rimtape.. I'll post some pics I got from birds eye photography and my buddy's cam when I get them.. I originally went out there to do suspension tuning, only to realize I dont know enough about the effects of compression/rebound and how it feels.. that and Im still running on stock springs.. so I ended up working on lean angles and entry speed both days :)

^chka0tic :: WERA N#721 :: 2003 Honda CBR600RR
- OverTwo Customs / http://www.overtwocustoms.com/
- Vortex Racing / www.vortexracing.com
- RK Chain / www.rkexcelamerica.com
- Lockhart Phillips / www.teamprivateer.com
-
- www.sponsorhouse.com/members/chkaotic
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumfield
BTW, if you look at your outside leg in the pictures, there is a gaping hole between your thigh and the tank. This is usually an indication of someone trying to put their knee on the ground instead of letting it come as a consequence of carrying a good bit of corner speed (i.e. you are sliding off the seat more than necessary so your knee hits the ground). I used to do that also until I was corrected by a good TPM coach. Could be wrong, but just my opinion.
Well im not sure, Im about 6'1" and am by no means trying to get my knee on the ground, however I was trying to get off a little "more" toward the end of the day b/c my pegs kept scrapping around a few diff. corners. I don't know, I will have aftermarket rearsets next season so that should help.

Last edited by The Power Of Dreams; 10-29-2005 at 08:50 PM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 01:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Did you stay for the stunt show and food?? It was a fun weekend all the way around. Crashing sucks, but it is just part of the learning. Good luck with the rebuild.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapuke
Did you stay for the stunt show and food?? It was a fun weekend all the way around. Crashing sucks, but it is just part of the learning. Good luck with the rebuild.
No, i was getting my bike all loaded on the trailer. (it was a little more difficult with no left clip-on to tie down) After I came down and grabbed a beer but the stunt show was over.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page