What is contigency all about as i dont have a clue - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question What is contigency all about as i dont have a clue

Hi all,i have moved over from the UK and am starting racing, i'm gunna do CCS FL region and i'll hopefully make the last race of the season at homestead, but my questions are about what is all this contigency money about and can i get it,the thing is i dont even know what classes i will be running, i ride a CBR600RR, can someone run me through the whole thing slow time, i have heard about sponsorhouse.com but i haven't even rode yet so is that out of the question, so basically as a total new racer what can i do as i dont have a clue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 11:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Contingency money is what a sponsor is willing to pay you for using their product, displaying their advertising, and finishing high enough in the rankings to draw attention.

You're in jax - you'll be spending a lot of time at JenningsGP - www.jenningsgp.com - lots of people there can help you with specific contacts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

But can i do it as a complete new racer and how do i do it.?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 11:49 AM

yes, you can do it as a new racer. Have you done novice school already?

Contingency money is just money paid by various product manufactures. The two big ones are factory and tires.

Go to your race organization's website, they should have a list online. If they don't, shoot them an email. Every organization is different, so they are who you must contact.

Absolutely no offense intended, and I don't know the FL orgs at all, but around here if you're just getting started (especially in the 600 classes), you don't need to be worrying about contingency payouts just yet ;)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch2
yes, you can do it as a new racer. Have you done novice school already?

Contingency money is just money paid by various product manufactures. The two big ones are factory and tires.

Go to your race organization's website, they should have a list online. If they don't, shoot them an email. Every organization is different, so they are who you must contact.

Absolutely no offense intended, and I don't know the FL orgs at all, but around here if you're just getting started (especially in the 600 classes), you don't need to be worrying about contingency payouts just yet ;)
Thanks fella,no offence taken atall, thats why i was asking cause i dont have a clue,i'll just stick with getting stared. thanks for your help, one last thing tho whats ur opinion on sponsorhouse.com shall i leave that aswell and just get myself to the track and race.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyshowtime
Thanks fella,no offence taken atall, thats why i was asking cause i dont have a clue,i'll just stick with getting stared. thanks for your help, one last thing tho whats ur opinion on sponsorhouse.com shall i leave that aswell and just get myself to the track and race.
The racers on the WERA board rave about sponsor house. The application I believe is only $50 and it more than pays for itself.

Lockhart Phillips also has something called team privateer that can get you discounts on certain race items. Also, a lot of the race glass companies give discounts if you hold a current race license.

Perreli pays out to a certain place by issuing certs good towards additional tires, I'm just not sure where to get them or how to get signed up.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Hi all,i have moved over from the UK and am starting racing, i'm gunna do CCS FL region and i'll hopefully make the last race of the season at homestead, but my questions are about what is all this contigency money about and can i get it,the thing is i dont even know what classes i will be running, i ride a CBR600RR, can someone run me through the whole thing slow time, i have heard about sponsorhouse.com but i haven't even rode yet so is that out of the question, so basically as a total new racer what can i do as i dont have a clue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tony

Make sure that you have some sort of advertising on your bike.............stickers work the best.

When you register that morning at the track (or online in advance) there will be a contingency form to fill out. If you run it and have a sticker for it, put it on the list. If this list isn't filled out and you didn't have the product displayed you won't get your cash.

As said before...................the best ones are tires, plastics..stuff like that.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

so basically just get the stickers for what i have on my bike then just fill out the form and then what i need to do is start doing well.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:27 PM

Quote:
so basically just get the stickers for what i have on my bike then just fill out the form and then what i need to do is start doing well.
If you don't already have the stickers most tech sheds on race days will have them.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpac52
If you don't already have the stickers most tech sheds on race days will have them.
cool man,thanks alot for all ur help
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 03:27 PM

Smile

Quote:
cool man,thanks alot for all ur help
The WERA tech sheds are run like that, others may vary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page