Nicky's Trifecta - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nicky's Trifecta

since i was giving nicky hayden a hard time after he fadeed at malaysia, and i'll be the first to say he's made me look like a dumbass. 3 straight podiums and a chance to finish runner up if he keeps on track at valencia. the only thing i'll say is at both qatar and turkey, he finished on the podium, but melandri finished in front of him. Melandri also leads him in points. in a rossi-less gp (that'd be 07, after he signs with ferarri) I think hayden will be a serious contender. i guess he is now, he just has the misfortune of racing aganist the GOAT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 10:16 AM
crotch_rocket_pilot

Its awesome to see Nicky doing better. I cant wait until Rossi gets out of GP. As much as I like the guy he is just too damn good, takes the competition out of the sport.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Moto GP Racer

yeah, i'm very pleased to see nicky challenging for the runner up spot. he's definately come a long way from when he first got into motogp. it makes me proud to sport the kid's helmet... *where's that big grinny face when you need it*

honestly, i think rossi should stay in motogp longer. yeah, it takes all the fun out of it when you know he's going to win next year's championship and all, but as long as he's in motogp the skill level of the riders competing with him are just getting higher and higher. they may not win the championship, but they will continue to gain valuable experience while there's someone faster out ther from them to chase after...

Tony Wang
CMRA\CCS #206

www.myspace.com/twang1978

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
GO Nicky smoke marco you can do it yes you can

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i agree with mule about rossi staying... i think that nicky and marco have proven that they can hang with the doctor - but to do it consistently - thats what i wanna see...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Go Marco go !!! LOL
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:07 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crotch_rocket_pilot
Its awesome to see Nicky doing better. I cant wait until Rossi gets out of GP. As much as I like the guy he is just too damn good, takes the competition out of the sport.
But if Rossi is out, how will Nicky or Marco know that they surpassed Rossi in his skill, confidence, and hunger in winning the championship? If I had the chance, I would love to go head to head with the best rider to see if I can beat them. No sense in beating slow people, I would think it wouldn't be as satisfying. I wonder of Nicky and Marco think the same thing.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predikt
But if Rossi is out, how will Nicky or Marco know that they surpassed Rossi in his skill, confidence, and hunger in winning the championship? If I had the chance, I would love to go head to head with the best rider to see if I can beat them. No sense in beating slow people, I would think it wouldn't be as satisfying. I wonder of Nicky and Marco think the same thing.

i think it was in an interview with gibernau that he said " every (rider) wants to be the best in their day" he was asked if he could choose would he want rossi out of motoGp. he said no, i would want to beat him.

thats how every rider feels i guess, but in reality, id personally rather see more exiting racing, and if that means rossi pulling out then so be it. hes proven himself and no one in racing can touch him.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by predikt

Too bad, none of these riders have what it takes to have what arguably is the best motorcycle racer ever has. Rossi has a gift you can't teach. Does Jeremy Burgess have anything to do with it?? Of course. There will be another better than Rossi but he is not around yet in my opinion. Nicky and Marco will be relieved when he is gone I think. Max and Sete thought they could rise to the challenge and ran back with their tales between their legs. However, I do think Nicky and Marco have surpassed the whining duo though.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:42 PM
World Superbike Racer

I agree with both points made above. No one in the championship right now can compare to Rossi, especially looking at the standing with that huge point gap. And it does seem Nicky and Melandro are more consistent especially toward the end of the year.

Man, I want to see Noriyuki Haga back in MotoGP and win :)
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 05:03 PM

I agree with the Haga statement, but he is doing just fine in Superbikes.
We see this type of dominance every couple years in the GP's, look at history: Mick Doohan, jesus, how many years in a row did he win the most boring decade of all time. Rainey had his share, but that was more exciting racing. Carl Foggy did it in Superbikes too, but that was somewhat exciting all the way through also. Michael Shumacher, holy crap, how many championships does that guy have, BORING up until this year.
AT LEAST we get to see exciting races week in and week out. Hopefully Nicky can take it to the Dr. next season, like everyone thought Sete would this year. laugh.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

i think hayden's came a long way this year. next years 800cc will be a clean slate, but if hayden can keep this up, and ducati continues to progress the way they have, it could be alot more interesting next year.... everyone got a long way to go to catch him tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page