Paint scheme for predikt's race bike - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Paint scheme for predikt's race bike

Hey everyone, I was trying to think of a paint scheme for my race bike. I've been going back and forth for days. I finally committed to trying one, just to see what it would look like on screen for now.

I bought the 05 Silver 600rr at the beginning of the year and I really like the silver. But I wanted to try to incorporate the red also. I've been trying to find some numbers also but I ended up trying to make my own. Let me know what you think.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 AM

i like the first one better. not feeling either one all too much. something just doesn't look right with the silver and the white. maybe it's just late. but i like the black numbers better!!!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Here's an image of the number I want. I found a picture of a race bike that had a #72 in this font but I didn't know what the font was so I just made the 48 in that style.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' redneck girl
i like the first one better. not feeling either one all too much. something just doesn't look right with the silver and the white. maybe it's just late. but i like the black numbers better!!!

Thanks for the input lil' redneck girl. Yeah, the black number pop out more huh. Awesome, more and more feedback is definitely appreciated. I can never decide on something final but the input helps a lot. Thanks :)
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:40 AM

yea i agree, soemthin bout that silver/white just doesnt quite sit right with me...like one section is clean and the other is like all dusty/dirty...but yea the first one is better id say
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:33 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Looking to unload your stock fairings by any chance?

"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence".
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:51 AM

I like the second number style if it's a street bike. The only thing I'd change is I would extend the missing pieces of the wing to the rest of the bike. You'd have to put it on the frame and things like that, but I think it might look good. Maybe you could photoshop that in and see.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 10:15 AM

the first one looks better with the black numbering.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:33 AM

Hey predikt... I didn't realize you were getting ready to race? This will be your novice season right?

First thing I'd do is check the regs for number plates. In my org, red numbers are not allowed.

Are you painting yourself? Or, are you doing a pro-job? If your on the fence, I'd recommend doing it yourself. Its nice to have the extra paint and ability to fix stuff yourself when you race (trust me, at some point you will need to do repairs).

Lastly, paint looks good--nice unique paint scheme. I don't know if you can incorporate it, but there is a reason that most people use black belly pans. You get rubber and other gunk caked all over them, and bright colors are difficult to clean.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

DirteeJerzee,
Thanks for the input. yeah, I'm not sure what it would look like in person, but it might look good and original. I just don't want the all traditional red with white number plates. (actually, this scheme might look ugly because my first year in racing is going to require me to have yellow number plates). But thanks though for the feedback, it's good to get it.

The Power Of Dreams,
Sorry, I will be keeping my stock fairings in case I convert back to street. I really want to get a new R6 if i could afford it and may end up tracking that bike the following year and putting the 600rr on the street. Who knows though, only if I make more money :)

CCSEX122,
Awesome! I'll try that out. Can I paint those plastic mids without a problem? I'm wondering if getting the frame painted will be a hassle too, I imagine it would. Putting the vinyl on the frame shouldn't be a problem though, unless it doesn't adhere to that surface well. Awesome though, I'll give it a try on the next round.

ni600rr05,
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. I think people like it more because it's traditional and it stands out more. I will most likely go with the black which is also the requirements most likely from the race club.

scotch2,
Hi, yes, this will be my first, novice year. You're right, the red most likely isn't allowed. I assume it would be more difficult to read a red number from far away then black. I wasn't thinking also, my novice year I have to have yellow number plates. Great advice, I will definitely try to paint it on my own the first time. I actually have a little project for myself to try to repair my Hotbodies fairings so it would be perfect timing to try to learn to paint them also.

I see what you're saying about the darker belly pans. My primered plastics look dirty as hell :) If I go through all the trouble of trying to paint it though, I'm pretty sure I'll consistently clean it to make the scheme shine. Right now, my bike is way dirty though because it's just primer :)

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'll post up more pics later to try some of the ideas everyone has given. These forums are great.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:30 PM

damn scotch i was thinking the same thing...again!

Predickt paint your number boards white and use yellow vynl to cover them with your race number (usually assigned not picked) vynl on top of that. That way, when you graduate from novice, all you'll have to do is get new numbers.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 12:35 PM
World Superbike Racer

I'm not feeling the white on gray. Try using a darker gray, I bet it'll look better.

My $0.02
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

tiltedworld,
Thanks for the tips. That's what I'll do for the yellow plate.

Blade-Runner,
I actually have another idea with all darker grey with red wings and white outline or white wings with red outline. I'll post once it's ready, thanks for the input.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Power Of Dreams
Looking to unload your stock fairings by any chance?

already knock the new bike over?

04' red/blk 600rr
PCIIIusb / K&N Airfilter / 2bros C5-xmetal / Matris Steering Damper / HID look-a-likes / Madd Doc Front LEDs / Tpage Peg rear LEDs / Polished Wheel Lips / Puig Dark Smoke Windscreen / ProGrip Carbon Fiber Tank Protector / Swingarm License Plate / HJC CL-14 Tribe Helemt / HRC Race Jacket / Joe Rocket Gloves
HHHHOORRRAAYYY FOR BBOOBBIEESSS!!!

Just for you Alex, you awsome racer, non poser at anything in your life, coolest person in the world, 600rr rider buddy pal
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:57 PM

I say try it with all silver front and a red tail. It just seems that the red lowers are out of place. Just my $.02.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Thanks js6rr. Seems to be the concensus that it looks a bit odd. Right now it is silver front and red tail though. I don't doubt a really good paint job, regardless of color, well, maybe green, would still look good :) I just want it to be different from what's out there. Let's see what else looks good on the screen.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltedworld
damn scotch i was thinking the same thing...again!

Predickt paint your number boards white and use yellow vynl to cover them with your race number (usually assigned not picked) vynl on top of that. That way, when you graduate from novice, all you'll have to do is get new numbers.

hahahaaha... I got a chuckle out of that. While that's a good idea, I'd say that the chances of you going expert without having to repaint (and repair) the bodywork is... well, nil. I'm not being negative, but the one thing I remember about race school was Kinsey always using WHEN you crash instead of IF you crash. It's something that you have to know going in and it really makes it easier to deal with.

One other thing too... maybe a thin black vinyl stripe between the grey and red would look good... an easier transition I think.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 07:32 PM

hmm I dunno, but graduating novice was cake for me. I didn't crash until I started trying to keep pace with the really fast guys.

Hell, around here crashing in novice resets you to the beginning. The required laptimes are very easy for anyone who has any business racing, and the penalty for crashing is huge. Thus, if your pushing hard enough to crash as a novice you are missing the point.

Last edited by scotch2; 10-27-2005 at 07:35 PM.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122
hahahaaha... I got a chuckle out of that. While that's a good idea, I'd say that the chances of you going expert without having to repaint (and repair) the bodywork is... well, nil. I'm not being negative, but the one thing I remember about race school was Kinsey always using WHEN you crash instead of IF you crash. It's something that you have to know going in and it really makes it easier to deal with.

One other thing too... maybe a thin black vinyl stripe between the grey and red would look good... an easier transition I think.

:) Well, I'll hope for luck. But yeah, it's always a possibility, but let's not talk about crashing.

I'll try the black out.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122

'tis sad but true... Stands up..."Hi I am a novice racer and I have crashed before graduating to expert." HAHAH, (although techically I didn't, since I was "taken out" and the crash removed from my record, the medical part and the bike work says otherwise. But there are quite a few that have gotten through without repainting or repairing, or perhaps just used the rashed bodywork ;)
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

It's been a while since I posted for the paint scheme of my race bike. OverRRev in the pic/video forums posted about some paint schemes and it reminded me that I had this on my computer. Looking at those initial colors I did were pretty terrible :) Thanks everyone for the help and tips.

Here was my other idea. I really like the charcoal gray and the pin stripe.

I was getting quotes for paint jobs and I couldn't find anything less than $400. If I run across someone that can paint it for under that or If I run into some money I will do it. Until then, primer is my friend :) I'm going to do tiltedworld's idea for just putting on the yellow vinyl on top for the novice races.

Last edited by predikt; 01-20-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page