Road Atlanta Nov 19th & 20th? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Road Atlanta Nov 19th & 20th?

For all of the track days I've done this year I don't think I've met anyone from the forum except MuffinMan at the Vortex. Anyone hitting up the NESBA Road Atlanta days Nov 19th & 20th? I'm a local so def. down to share some beers in the paddock after long days running track. Plus, if there are any regular racer/track day goers I'm always in search of some advice running the track since I've only had two days at Road Atlanta, one of them having pored rain all day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:48 AM

I'll be there. You'll be able to find me by looking for the exhausted guy pushing a high-maintainance R1 around the paddock and most likely taking a few trips in the crash truck from multiple breakdowns.

Nothing like being postive ! :)

I haven't been to Road A since they took out gravity cavity so I won't be much help on the line. I'm sure you still need to stay on line through the esses though, very slippery off-line.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

cool man - I'll keep an eye out for you. Last time I rode Road Atl they had the chicane in for the AMA race - pretty rough. I never got a chance to ride with Gravity Cavity still in place (probably for the best.) I take it you're riding advanced class? I'm still stuck in intermediate.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
hmm... i might have to drive out there on Sunday and chill with you guys a bit. won't have the bike, but i can be a pit bitch for a little bit.

HOOORRRAAAYYYY FOR BOOOOOTTIEES!!!

BALALALALALA OMG TERRORIST!!
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 11:52 AM

I am going Sunday with some friends from here.

By the way if some1 is register for Saturday & is on the "Begginer" group & decides not to go. please let me know i will buy the spot from you.
Contact me @ (678) 768 1128 or toll free @ 888 855 7919 Ex: 318
You can also E-mail me @ [email protected].

I will c u guys there.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

sounds like a decent size group of 600rr.net folks will be there. Maybe we should get some strippers.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 09:04 PM

Since this is sold out now and I could sign up until after this weekend, maybe I will just ride up and spectate. There are a bunch of folks from around my area that are riding Saturday.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 10:10 AM
What ever its supposed to be....

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclescientific
sounds like a decent size group of 600rr.net folks will be there. Maybe we should get some strippers.
+1 I'll throw in $9.98!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 AM

What's the word on camping? Can we stay at the track? Anyone know of somewhere close to stay?
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbord
What's the word on camping? Can we stay at the track? Anyone know of somewhere close to stay?

I think Road A is built around camping. That infield is massive and I'm almost certain you can camp there. According to the website camping is available at all races, but it doesn't mention track days. If not here's their link to accomodations, although I recognize a couple as being fairly far from the track (20+ miles). See ya there.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/accom.lasso
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

I'd call nesba and ask them about the camping. Don't know since I live only 45 mins away. I'd offer a place to crash but I my roomate (not I) owns the place and is pretty anal - sorry guys, but I look forward to seeing everyone there. I'll be on an 03RR driving a white Isuzu rodeo. Anyone interested in an early drink on friday or grabbing beers saturday night PM me.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:10 AM

Okay, so camping is a go, and a trailer drop starting at 5:00pm on Friday. I hope to leave work early on Friday and get there between 5:30 and 6. See you there!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Okay, so camping is a go, and a trailer drop starting at 5:00pm on Friday. I hope to leave work early on Friday and get there between 5:30 and 6. See you there!
yeah, I'm sure THAT will be hard for you to do... :icon_roll

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:37 AM
Superbike racer

if only it wasn't 15 hours each way...
if only i wasn't unemployed...
if only i could get my wife to believe I was going on $100,000 a year job interview (with my trailer and bike)

CCS EX#100
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna
if only i could get my wife to believe I was going on $100,000 a year job interview (with my trailer and bike)
I'll vouche for ya on this one if you think it'll help . . . .

CCS/LRRS EX#69
"Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Gecko Racing, a Division of Swamp-Ass Road Racing (SAR Racing)

Sponsors: <Please sign here>
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 07:41 PM

That's right suggiebun's, it's an interview for a new motorcycle reality show. The winner gets a factory sponsorship and you can be my umbrella girl!

Think that would work?

Last edited by gbord; 11-14-2005 at 07:48 PM.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:03 PM

Talking

We're coming down from Chicago. My son rides "A" both days and I'm "B" only Sunday. I too would buy a Saturday spot.
We had a tough time 3 weeks ago getting hotel room. Too many football games. Camping is OK at the track though.
black RR 919 on front............kinda like my avatar.LOL
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Debt Management Counselor

Feedback Score: 46 reviews
ill be there.

if you're camping i hope you have a camper. its suppose to get down to 39 at night!

http://www.superbikesupply.com
[email protected]
828-287-2101-sales
FEED YOUR EGO!!
http://www.facebook.com/superbikesupply
08 cbr 1000rr
07 cbr 600rr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Hakuna matata, man Hakuna matata. I'll just sleep on my tire warmers! Whatever it takes. It would be nice if it warms up a little more during the day than predicted, but it looks like it will be a sunny weekend!
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Hakuna matata, man Hakuna matata. I'll just sleep on my tire warmers! Whatever it takes. It would be nice if it warms up a little more during the day than predicted, but it looks like it will be a sunny weekend!
hey greg, you're welcome to use my tent....OH WAIT, nevermind

"She's got legs that keep going and going and going and make a turd chopper out of themselves." GBord

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 04:59 PM
High Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazy e
hey greg, you're welcome to use my tent....OH WAIT, nevermind
ha ha ha. Yea didn't Jackson have his way with it? I think the tent mouthed off to him and he showed that MotherF'er not to F*CK with JACK DOG!!! :)
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:59 PM

I'm getting pretty geeked up... only one more day!

I'm actually a little worried as I now have all the goodies hooked up and everything worked when I road tested it. On board video, data logging, trailer computer... even the freakin' ipod. I'm also using the bluetooth headset for communication with the pits. I think this is a great idea for next season. Eliminates the need for a pit board and can also fill you in on anything else important (on the front straight only of course).

I'm also working on a formula / program to take the wheel speed and compare it to the GPS speed... that combined with a formula for the curve of the tire should yield lean angle. I can even filter out wheelspin... and then use that data too. Now if I could only find my pocket protector...
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Superbike racer

have fun .... i wish i was going. RA is a kewl track

CCS EX#100
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 06:58 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSEX122

I'm actually a little worried as I now have all the goodies hooked up and everything worked when I road tested it. On board video, data logging, trailer computer... even the freakin' ipod. I'm also using the bluetooth headset for communication with the pits. I think this is a great idea for next season. Eliminates the need for a pit board and can also fill you in on anything else important (on the front straight only of course).

I'm also working on a formula / program to take the wheel speed and compare it to the GPS speed... that combined with a formula for the curve of the tire should yield lean angle. I can even filter out wheelspin... and then use that data too. Now if I could only find my pocket protector...
see, this is like the exact opposite of AADD.....YOu have like super concentration syndrome.

sounds like some crazy **** you figured out.

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:20 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yeah, wholly smokes Larry! Where did all that come from? I always thought you were playing tick tack toe on that note pad of yours in between sessions (jk). Didn't know you were turning the R1 into a space shuttle.

I need to hang out with you more often...

Fire Coming Out Of The Monkeys Head
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:

That's what I talkin' bout. It's great to see some new info and innovation on here. Not the same old, "I learned to wheelie." or "My pipe is louder than yours." What data are you recording, sensors? What are you using for comms back to the pits, pretty sure bluetooth is only good for approx. 32 ft.? Must have a good wirelesss plan! So I suppose your doing on-line calculus classes via podcasting, all while smokin' up the rear wheel chasing a new personal best!
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Superbike racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat-bord
That's what I talkin' bout. It's great to see some new info and innovation on here. Not the same old, "I learned to wheelie." or "My pipe is louder than yours." What data are you recording, sensors? What are you using for comms back to the pits, pretty sure bluetooth is only good for approx. 32 ft.? Must have a good wirelesss plan! So I suppose your doing on-line calculus classes via podcasting, all while smokin' up the rear wheel chasing a new personal best!
I did an endo once :)

CCS EX#100
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat-bord
Right now I have a hall effect sensor for the rear wheel, GPS for absolute location and speed and a host of connections to the existing R1 sensors. I'm going to get some suspension travel stuff down the road, but they are generally overkill unless you're Stephen Hawking.

I'm going to have my phone in the tail and the headset on. Then a separate phone in the pits with a phone call into the one on the bike before taking off. Free nights and weekends really help there.

Calculus is no sweat, it's the CAD I'm trying to learn now... I quit the college of engineering before we got to that.

Of course none of this matters if I still have the massive head shake I experienced at Daytona. Oh, Tuna... I endoed once at 100+ MPH, AND had tire tracks on my lid :) how's that for well rounded? or flatened?
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Moto GP Racer

Larry, if you ever have CAD questions let me know.

What are you learning on?

"Ima Redneck"
Eazy E

CCS Amatuer #611
03 600RR

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Superbike racer

Quote:
Oh, Tuna... I endoed once at 100+ MPH, AND had tire tracks on my lid :) how's that for well rounded? or flatened?
One of the guys that I race with went into T1 and someone cut his wheel. People that saw it said that he endoed at about 120mph and for a few hundred feet before he did the "Great American Hero" flight over the bars...

CCS EX#100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page