post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This Just In!

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=24393

It's Official: Eric Bostrom, Hacking, DiSalvo To Race For Yamaha In 2006

Oct 31, 2005

From a press release issued by Yamaha Motor Corp. U.S.A.:

All-New YZF-R6 and YZF-R1 Power Rejuvenated Yamaha Road Race Team for 2006

Cypress California, October 31, 2005Yamaha Motor Company is pleased to announce its AMA Roadracing plans for 2006 that will be centered around the introductions of both the all-new YZF-R6 and the new race-specYZF-R1 LE.

Veteran rider and 2003 Supersport Champion Jamie Hacking returns to Team Blue and White competing on the potent new R6 in the AMA Supersport Class and the new R1 LE in the Superstock Class. Im just pumped to ride both these classes this year, said Jamie, and with these unbelievable new bikes, Im ready to bring home Yamaha at least one Championship.

Twenty one year-old hot shot Jason DiSalvo also returns and will compete this year on a fully prepped YZF-R6 in the Formula Extreme Class including the prestigious Daytona 200. Jason will also pilot the new R1 LE in an effort to improve his overall second place finishing position in 2005 in the AMA Superstock Class. Weve just stated testing the new R6 and its already miles ahead of last years bike, said and exuberant DiSalvo. Im confident and so looking forward to the season ahead.

Finally, Yamaha is pleased to welcome the charismatic Eric Bostrom, who will round out the Yamaha squad competing in both the Formula Extreme and Superstock classes. I just saw the new bikes and they are awesome. Said Bostrom. I feel great and Yamaha has already made me feel so much a part of their family. I just cant wait to start riding,

Graves Motorsports will continue to maintain the Superstock effort in the coming year.

We are extremely excited about the year ahead, said Racing Division Manager Keith McCarty, We feel that our new team will have great dynamics and with two new bikes, tremendous potential to win multiple championships."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:43 PM
cvlighthouse

That's great news. Go Eric! Has Honda released their plans yet? They will have a run for their money in FX class next year. Too bad Yamaha isn't going to race Superbike next year as stated here: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Oct/051031v.htm
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
cvlighthouse

On another note Ben's going to be racing the PARTS UNLIMITED DUCATI AUSTIN bike!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2005/Oct/051029a.htm

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 04:57 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sux!!!! no superbike...
yamaha needs to step up to the big dawgs!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMartian
sux!!!! no superbike...
yamaha needs to step up to the big dawgs!!!
I'm real disappointed EBoz wont be racing superbike. I'll have to ask him WTF??
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarawalker
I'm real disappointed EBoz wont be racing superbike. I'll have to ask him WTF??
Exactly, no Yamaha no E Boz in Superbike??? WTF are they thinking???
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 09:11 AM

It defies explanation why teams who field superstock bikes don't race superbike also. The lap times are usually VERY close to begin with and the superstockers are already on slicks. The biggest difference is the use of superbike forks, 16.5" rims and of course the motor work. It doesn't seem that a company like Yamaha wouldn't be able to afford the aforementioned parts, so what gives? Are they chicken? Does anybody who buys a bike these days use superbike results to do so? Maybe one day AMA sb will be back to all factories participating... at least the green machines will be back this year.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 11:22 AM
cvlighthouse

Maybe Honda has given up the FX series in trade for the Superbike series. It's Hondas turn to try and take Miladin out. It's Yahama's turn to make a shitt load of money from the FX series....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 05:35 PM

AMA racing SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I hate the series and how the manufacturers don't compete against each other in all classes. Not enough talent to have that many classes. All you see is the Factory bikes and then a chit load of privateers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page