Team repsol post fastest times - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Team repsol post fastest times

Repsol Honda rider Nicky Hayden was the quickest to adapt to the adverse conditions and made good use of the 20 laps on the wet track. The North American rider tested the latest RC211V chassis in combination with full wet tyres. When the track dried out Hayden began testing a range of slick tyres for Michelin.

Dani Pedrosa, on the second Repsol Honda, ran his first ever wet weather test aboard an RCV. The 20-year old Spaniard was surprised by how easy the RCV was to handle in the wet in comparison to the RS250R-W he raced to his second 250cc World Championship.

Riders and teams packed up this evening heading off for the well-earned winter holidays before the 2006 preseason testing resumes in January next year.

Dani Pedrosa, 2'02.770, 57 laps: "I surprised myself this week. I was riding this track sliding with the tyre they gave me. I tried three different tyres today and at the end I began to feel the difference with each tyre. I could understand where the limit of the slide was. Also how the tyres work when they are new and when they have done many laps. It was much different riding this bike on wet tyres. I was surprised by how much grip they have in the corners but I was sliding on the straights when accelerating. Even under braking the rear end bike weaves from side to side and you feel it in the handlebars. But I didn't do too many laps but I was really happy with the feeling in the wet. It was a very positive experience but I'm tired, very, very tired. I think I will have to rest for five days when I get home to get over it."

Nicky Hayden, 2'02.790, 89 laps: "You know the weather wasn't the best today but I needed to get in a lot of laps in the wet. We focused on my old bike and put in some decent laps with the wets on. We also tried an intermediate tyre that I really liked. When it dried out we tried out some rear tyres that were a little different from the ones we used at the GP here and they were a little better, which was really good. The three-day's were really useful for the team and I set my best time of the week today but you always want to be faster. I will leave here with a positive spirit. Go home regroup and wait for the New Year. All the guys on the team have worked so hard, nobody was afraid to get their hands dirty, mechanics, HRC and the Michelin guys. Sure we want more but we will go away from here positive. Not on top of the world but not at the bottom either."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Wow, i cant wait for the new season to start, rossi will have his hands full thats for sure.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 02:50 PM

'Cept Rossi was quickest at Sepang yesterday with a still quicker time than the Repsol boys ran today... he may have a tougher season ahead of him, but he's still more than capable of walking away with it.

Last edited by proze; 11-30-2005 at 02:54 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 PM

it'd be nice for rossi to go out w/a bang and win another title...but watching stiffer competition is better for the spectators :)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 03:01 PM

True...I got bored mid-season watching Rossi.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 03:08 PM
crotch_rocket_pilot

Bleh...Rossi will probably run away with it again. I love the guy, but it would be awesome to see somebody else win, especially nicky.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 02:00 AM
World Superbike Racer

Just saw Dani Pedrosa posted fastest time today and Nicky Hayden behind him by only like 1 hundredth of a second. If Dani Pedrosa gets some podiums in 2006 that would be crazy. I don't think Rossi will be beat next year though seriously. He seems the hungriest out of all of them or just has a personality that does not let others beat him.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 AM

rossi knows what he's doing and has a lot of knowledge of all of the tracks..he really has the experience edge working to his advantage..he knows what it feels like to win and he really good at it
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 11:56 AM
World Superbike Racer

+1 on the experience. He's ridden on 2 wheels practically his whole life
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 12:29 PM

and he's had like 5,6,7 championships?...grant it some of them were on different cc bikes but still...riding the course and knowing the courses are what make the difference..
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Sorry i dont see him taking it next year.......
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2005, 12:54 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtdvl
and he's had like 5,6,7 championships?...grant it some of them were on different cc bikes but still...riding the course and knowing the courses are what make the difference..
I wonder if Rossi will win the Laguna Seca round in 2006. I already think he's the greatest racer but if does win, man, that's like icing on the cake. I know there's some fans out there that want to see Rossi lose but it's awesome just to watch a great rider go out there and race
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page