Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
MotoGP: Max Biaggi Back To His Roots?

Just how silly do you like your silly season?

Our sources in Spain are reporting that the Aprilia factory are considering a return to the MotoGP class in 2006 with their in-line three "Cube" project, with Max Biaggi touted as the pilot.

Reports today quote Giampiero Sacchi as suggesting that with the right finance in place, and with the acceptance of Biaggi to the project, that the Aprilia factory are confident of an inclusion on the grid for the 2006 MotoGP campaign.

It seems to be a quagmire of rumor and conjecture at present with regard to Biaggi since his fall from grace as a factory Honda rider. But, the reports are nonetheless coming in from our Spanish counterparts and if true, Biaggi may have found a lifeline in the premier class.

Biaggi seemed (and it still may be the case) to be without a premier class ride for 2006 following his split with HRC and after becoming somewhat of an outcast as far as the politicians are concerned.

That split was reported on this very news portal and was followed by a swift press release from Camel (Biaggi's sponsor) to announce that they were no longer to be involved with Honda or the Pons Team.

Camel apparently looked at running Biaggi on a third Kawasaki but politics prevented that plan from seeing fruition.

JT International, parent company of the Camel brand, are currently considering other avenues in terms of sponsorship in the MotoGP class. A possible partnership with Suzuki is one option supposedly being discussed around the tables of power.

And, as we leave you to read this article, we reiterate, these reports are, as suggested, simply rumors. At present, neither Biaggi or the Aprilia factory have commented officially.

Surely this would be the last chance saloon for the Roman who rode for Aprilia in the 250cc class in 1992, and between 1994-1996, where he won three consecutive world titles.

Our opinion? It seems highly unlikely, but as with man landing on the moon, anything can happen, especially in the mad and crazy world of MotoGP.

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well first...i don't think we landed on the moon....it was fixed...heh. Biaggi will go back to his roots if he has to IMO.....

oh thanks for sharing the write up moe.....forgot to throw that in man....

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
rumours so far i also read he might be going to WSB will see
where he lands

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 02:25 PM

Where ever he lands he'll be sure not to ruffle his skirt :)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 05:25 PM
World Superbike Racer

But others Im sure will be ruffled

"Oh and if you dare say that I dont know whats it like get a freakin clue! I date models and strippers. So dont tell me that I dont know whats its like!" - BDiddy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 10:00 PM

I'll try to find the link but the latest I read is that Aprilia is going to bring the cube back and Biaggi is supposed to be the rider? I'll look for the article again and post the link.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 10:10 PM

Here's one link but you will need a translator :)
http://www.motoblog.it/post/1224/lap...-moto-a-biaggi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page