NESBA Intro group.... - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
NESBA Intro group....

Hey guys I just signed up for the intro group with NESBA for the VIR track day on March 12th. This is their free "try before you buy" deal. Has anyone else done this? If so, how was it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:48 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not bad for a first time (so I've heard.) I'd rec. the Sport Bike Track Time novice group if you get a chance. 20min track, 20min class each hour. I learned a lot from that way back when.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:50 AM

It is worth it if you don't have a problem with sudden onsets of addiction. The intro group is structured for learning the track and getting used to riding on a track. Usually, you won't see full track speeds with your machine, but you will be out there with the beginner group. Well worth it, and you have the option of staying the rest of the day with the beginner group. Use the Control Rider's, ask questions, that's what they are there for.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

I know this probably doesn't matter but how fast do you think they will allow us to go? I sent an email about this a few weeks ago and haven't gotten a response.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 11:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I almost did that intro thing of there's last year because it was free and im cheap, but I never got a chance to do it... But trust me once you get out there, you WILL NOT want to leave lol. I just got done doing my 1st trackday at Jennings a week ago and im hooked...

2013 Honda Motorcycle News http://www.HondaofChattanoogaBlog.com (Fixing to transfer over to HondaPowerSportsNEWS.com to be only news orientated)
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 12:15 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You go as fast as you twist your wrist. No one will make you go faster than you want, although you may go a little slower than you want. It's a great way to get a feel for the track experience.

Yellow 08 1000RR
Nesba/Wera 561
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM

Let's put it this way. You can't pass in the intro group (or at least you aren't supposed to.) DO NOT PASS THE CONTROL RIDER! I am sure they will stress this more, but they are there for the overall safety of everyone on the track. Once you get into the beginner group, the CR's will notice you and/or tail you to watch your lines, body position, and general technique. Pay attention to what they say and stay within your comfort level. Don't let that little gremlin that says "Oh Sh*t!, everyone is passin' me, I need to go faster" take over your thinking. Stick to learning how the track is laid out, braking lines, and watch the CR's. I will probably be there in March, just dunno if I will have enough cash for that day. I think my first NESBA day isn't until July. But depending on the weather/cash flow, I may ride in March. I will be in the "B" group as well, so maybe we can hook up.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Sounds good. In the NESBA riders manual they state in order to stay for the full day you'll have to pay for membership and the track day. Anyone know how much the actual membership is? I can't find it in the manual or anywhere on their site.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkiser
Sounds good. In the NESBA riders manual they state in order to stay for the full day you'll have to pay for membership and the track day. Anyone know how much the actual membership is? I can't find it in the manual or anywhere on their site.

If i'm not mistaken it is $75...

2013 Honda Motorcycle News http://www.HondaofChattanoogaBlog.com (Fixing to transfer over to HondaPowerSportsNEWS.com to be only news orientated)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Lifetime Premium

yeah its 75
personally I skipped the intro group and did a full weekend, well worth it. I would have gone crazy if If I had to leave at lunch on the first day, and fyi if the day is already full (which B group often is) you won't be able to sign up for the day at the track.

WERA/NESBA #409
My Sponsors: Southern Gasket & Supply, LeoVince, Vortex, Chicken Hawk Racing, Pro-Tek, RK Racing Chains
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I am sure I will not want to leave. Maybe I can come up with the money to atleast stay the rest of the day or if anything maybe they will let me stay and watch everyone else have fun.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 02:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Take $75 with you... It's already spent.

Fire Coming Out Of The Monkeys Head
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Superbike racer

Quote:
Hey guys I just signed up for the intro group with NESBA for the VIR track day on March 12th. This is their free "try before you buy" deal. Has anyone else done this? If so, how was it?
don't waste your time. you get like two 20 min sessions. sign up for the entire day and get some riding it. i would recommend www.teampromotion.com over nesba. they have a basic rider group for newbies

CCS EX#100
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

I would love to stay and ride the full day but I just don't really have the funds for a full day. What really sucks is I would have to pay $75 for the membership then $155 for the track day. Man, it's exspensive.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:12 PM
Superbike racer

Quote:
I would love to stay and ride the full day but I just don't really have the funds for a full day. What really sucks is I would have to pay $75 for the membership then $155 for the track day. Man, it's exspensive.
wait until you get hooked.....i spent $20,000 plus over the past few years between an enclosed trailer, bikes, parts, tires, entrance fees, furl, lodging etc etc...and it has all been worth it

CCS EX#100
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Maybe I can sell some stuff on ebay. BTW, I have the stock tires on my bike right now. Are these going to be okay for the track? If I do a full day of riding, will I need new tires by the end of the day? They have about 2000 miles on them and I expect by then they may have almost 3000.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:23 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna
, furl, etc...
Where do you get this "furl" stuff and does it make the bike any faster... :headscrat

Fire Coming Out Of The Monkeys Head
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 10:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Just consider it a lot cheaper than one ticket and the possibility of an insurance rate increase associated with the ticket. I let a guy I know ride out with me to Putnam last fall and he did the 2 intro sessions. He was upset with himself that he didn't bring the funds to do the whole day. Soooooooo much fun. It was with NESBA BTW and I thought it was really good. Best part about any track day besides riding is all the great people that you will meet.

Kevin

'83 Alfa Romeo Spider Charcoal (+/- 11,000 Miles)
'00 V-Star 1100 Maroon/Ivory | Cobra drag pipes | Jetted
'04 600RR Red/Black | Corsa III | Ohlins Shock | Ohlins Springs/Piston Kit | PCIII | Scotts Damper | CF Jardine Race SO | Vortex Rearsets | HRC Throttle | 520 Conversion -1/+1 | Galfer Brake Lines | Speedo Healer V4 | Jardine FE | Pro Grips | Short Stalk V
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 01:45 AM

your tires ought to be OK if you don't go nuts. take it easy and let it come to you. You will love NESBA. The CR's are solid.

NESBA Int. #815 (MW)
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 09:26 AM

Your tires will be fine. I did my first NESBA day last July with stock tires that had 2000 miles on them. I got bumped to the Intermediate group the same day & had no issues. They were looking pretty rough after that, so I got a set of DOT rubber for the next day.

You'll have more fun than you can imagine & I would truly Beg, Borrow or Steal to get the cash to be able to stay for the day.
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Superbike racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock
Where do you get this "furl" stuff and does it make the bike any faster... :headscrat
i cannot tell you ... it's a secret

CCS EX#100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page