Rossi/Ferrari - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rossi/Ferrari

Not too bad, Villeneuve is a former world champ, and after 73 laps could only muster up 2 hundreths of a second faster than Val's 49 laps. This kid is going to kick some ass in a few years. He's had to train his brain into going 200 feet deeper into each corner he's ever been through. That's gotta be weird under braking. Yes a second and a half is a big margin thoughout a race, but he's just started. Unbelievable.

Valencia - 1/02/06
1. F. Alonso - Renault R26 - 1'11"229 (+0"000) - 47 laps
2. M. Schumacher - Ferrari F2004/248 F1 - 1'11"821 (+0"592) - 73 laps
3. J.P. Montoya - McLaren Mercedes MP4/21 - 1'11"978 (+0"749) - 68 laps
4. J. Button - Honda RA106 - 1'11"998 (+0"769) - 85 laps
5. R. Barrichello - Honda RA106 -1'12"063 (+0"834) - 115 laps
6. J. Villeneuve - BMW Sauber F1.06 - 1'12"628 (+1"399) - 72 laps
7. R. Zonta - Toyota TF106 - 1'12"668 (+1"439) - 78 laps
8. V. Rossi - Ferrari F2004 V10 - 1'12"863 (+1"634) - 49 laps
9. D. Coulthard - Red Bull Ferrari RB2 - 1'12"891 (+1"662) - 37 laps
10. A. Wurz - Williams Cosworth FW27C - 1'12"930 (+1"701) - 83 laps
11. G. Paffett - McLaren Mercedes MP4/20 V10 - 1'12"937 (+1"708) - 115 laps
12. M. Webber - Williams Cosworth FW28 - 1'13"021 (+1"792) - 72 laps
13. J. Trulli - Toyota TF106 - 1'13"075 (+1"846) - 108 laps
14. R. Kubica - BMW Sauber C24B - 1'13"472 (+2"243) - 64 laps
15. H. Kovalainen - Renault R26 - 1'13"679 (+2"450) - 26 laps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

by the way, Gary Paffett is a German touring car(DTM) driver as of late, so it's a good comparo with Rossi, being that Gary has never been in an F1 seat before. He did over double the laps rossi did, and couldn't match pace.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A natural born racer for sure ! ! ! . . . . .

Always passing Gixxer's on the outside ! ! ! . . . .

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 02:06 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Watch an adrenaline rush life he lives. Awesome!

WIL

2003 Honda CBR 600RR (Black) - Gone but not forgotten (11/10/07)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 02:13 PM

after yesterday he really needed a good showing like this, if he holds or improves tomorrow Ferrari will forget all about Monday. Get ready to say your goodbyes to The Doctor, he's off to the uber-elite in '07.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 04:45 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Lets not forget that Rossi was in a the Ferrari F2004 while Villeneuve was in a much less capiable car which was also new and still in testing stages w/ the new V8 engine, Where Rossi in the 'old' V10 Ferrari already has data from that track to setup the car properly. We also have no idea what tire compounds the teams are testing or the fuel loads. Its not compareable until raceday w/ Formula one.

Rossi is a BAMF in MOto GP thats for sure but you can't judge these numbers...no way.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose
Lets not forget that Rossi was in a the Ferrari F2004 while Villeneuve was in a much less capiable car which was also new and still in testing stages w/ the new V8 engine, Where Rossi in the 'old' V10 Ferrari already has data from that track to setup the car properly. We also have no idea what tire compounds the teams are testing or the fuel loads. Its not compareable until raceday w/ Formula one.

Rossi is a BAMF in MOto GP thats for sure but you can't judge these numbers...no way.
By that same token, explain Mark Webber or Gary Paffet then, Paffet is in a Mclaren, and Webber, BMW right? Both TOP teams in F1. If the track was wet, then drying out gradually throughout the day, you can bet tire choice was about the same for all teams.
BUT, with that said, you are right, pole man surely doesn't always win the race on Sunday.

*edit* editing my own post, Webber looks to be in a cosworth now with Williams, BMW bailed on Williams?? or was it the other way around?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Ninja Master

so who makes more money? schumacher or rossi right now?

that alonso mofo is livin' la vida loca too. 24 years old, and at the top of his game. schumacher is like biaggi. old school, and will cry like a little girl once he starts losing. alonso is like sete. more of a stable competitor, but rossi will whittle him down until he's a nub driving off into the kitty litter.

Read my cactus.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 07:53 PM
World Superbike Racer

whatever, the man to beat in F1 is alonso. that dam renault is way ahead of anything else on the track, including the 06 ferrari's... but I certainly wouldn't call the '04 ferrari a "much more" capable car... it's old... it may be able to have more downforce, but that means more drag, personally I think the teams are going to do a lot better with the v8's this year than with the older v10's...

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonster
so who makes more money? schumacher or rossi right now?

that alonso mofo is livin' la vida loca too. 24 years old, and at the top of his game. schumacher is like biaggi. old school, and will cry like a little girl once he starts losing. alonso is like sete. more of a stable competitor, but rossi will whittle him down until he's a nub driving off into the kitty litter.
I think Schumi is just a German version of Rossi, he doesn't have the sense of humor. I have respect for Sete, but Alonso is one of the most immature drivers ever. He cries, whines and complains about everything and when he's held up ever so slightly he acts as if the driver should have pulled over and turned off the car. Every so often a F1 constructor comes out with a world beater. Recently it was Ferrari, now it is Renault. That car is a good amount better than anything out there, McLaren made up serious ground at the end, but bottom line is : Alonso had a gimme last year. I think Kimi is ... oh, 10 times of the driver Alonso is. That should play out this year with a McLaren that is close to the Renault.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Shumi makes like over 60 million a year with endorsements. I'm not sure what Rossi does.
Yes, Kimi is better driver than alonso by far, he will be world champ someday, hopefully this year. But don't rule out Alonso or Shumi, they will all be fighting hard this year. Montoya is clown, but will win a race or 2 also.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2006, 10:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel Jockey
By that same token, explain Mark Webber or Gary Paffet then, Paffet is in a Mclaren, and Webber, BMW right? Both TOP teams in F1. If the track was wet, then drying out gradually throughout the day, you can bet tire choice was about the same for all teams.
BUT, with that said, you are right, pole man surely doesn't always win the race on Sunday.

*edit* editing my own post, Webber looks to be in a cosworth now with Williams, BMW bailed on Williams?? or was it the other way around?
Williams and BMW never haven't had a very good relationship over the past couple years...always blaming eachother for the problems. Maybe if they didn't play musical chairs w/ the drivers they would do a bit better :) I can't explain why webber is one stop behind Paffet however I do know that the Mclaren should be a far better car and Webber has been known to do some insane things w/ a pile of crap (of that makes sense) F1 car. Remember his first F1 race in the Minardi....went from last place to 5th....which is unheard of w/ that car!!!! insane.

My prediction this year which really is nearly impossiable to have one because the cars have changed so much this winter is that McLaren w/ get the reliability back and Kimi will win drivers w/ Juan and Alonso in a fairly close 2nd/3rd. Ferrari will have have gotten rid of some of the tire demons they were fighting w/ lastseason however until we have a rule change which allows them to change tires during the race they will still struggle. Kimi is the next Shumi he is the Iceman! Rossi will get some podiums i think but will not consitantly win races.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 02:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Regarding the spec of the car Rossi was driving it was a 2004 car with power limited to levels similar to the new 2006 V8 spec cars. Apparently there is a rule this year letting some of the poorer teams run restricted 2005 V10 cars until they have developed new V8 engines and cars.

Think it would be in Ferrari's interest to give him a car as close as possible to everyone else so they get to see how he compares for real.

Anyone know how his times compare to previous tests at Valencia if F1 has been testing there before?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Knee Dragger

I dont follow F1 at all, i think that it is boring, If we are talking CARS then i prefer Rallying. Now that is skill behind a wheel. But i have one thing to throw a cat among the pigeons.

Why, if you were Rossi, would you leave MotoGP now. Yes he has past Mike Hailwoods records but there are still more records to past, for him to become the Ultimate No 1. I am not saying that he aint no 1 just there are still a few records left to beat. (cant quote any just now but i will in the future)

I think that one day he will go somewhere else. Dont forget his real passion outside of bikes is rallying.

Later boys

airtimebill

www.kakaracing.com

If i have spelt things wrong and used bad English, then i am sorry for putting you through it. But i am here about the bikes and racing..............

One life !!!!!!!!!!!

Live it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 12:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

How about this??????????

Rossi goes to F1 next year to give himself a year or 2 to win the title before going off to WRC to set a record of championships that is unheard of.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Knee Dragger

that would be cool. Id like to see him go to world superbikes too, i know that it can and will be seen as going backwards, but id just love to see him go there and wipe the floor there, then go to F1 and onto WRC.

Agreed then there is no question. Champion in all those categorise, man that would make him GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like he aint already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

airtimebill

www.kakaracing.com

If i have spelt things wrong and used bad English, then i am sorry for putting you through it. But i am here about the bikes and racing..............

One life !!!!!!!!!!!

Live it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page