Anyone racin at Daytona or Going to Bike Week? - 600RR.net
Trackdays Privateers and Professionals
Sponsored by: MOTO-D Racing

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone racin at Daytona or Going to Bike Week?

Hey! I am racing at Daytona in March and was wondering if anyone else here is.

I also still need to find somewhere to crash or stay for a few days. If anyone could help me out, that would be huge. I would obviously kick in some loot or contribute somehow. First round of laps dances will be on me.

NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/ASRA #973
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Monkey works will work for you :)

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I have a couple of friends that rent houses for the events we have here, ill try to get a hold of them to see if they have been rented yet. What class are you in and which day are you racing? Let me know ill come out and root for ya. Be careful on the back stretch where you come into the international horse shoe. My friend came in there hot at the races last Biketoberfest and lost traction and high sided into the wall, he is still limping around pretty good. He was at the front of the pack to.

Ill be going to all of the races including the motoX, got some friends coming into town, should be a good time like last year.

05 600RR-Track
06 1000RR-Street
98 CR250
04 CRF80-Wifes Pit Bike

www.monkeyworkscycles.com

Phone Orders 1-888-62CYCLE (29253)

Customer Service 1-386-322-3530

[email protected]

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

That's awesome man. I just need a couch or floor or something. Nothing special. I am trying to get a box truck right now and would just sleep in that but it can get kinda chilly at night and not having a bathroom might be an issue.

I am going to try to get down there for the Team Hammer practice on thursday. I am still debating if I want to do the Team Challenge event solo or not. One of my friends was going to come down but can't make it. So I may just end up sitting that one out.

I will do MW SS, SBK & MW GP as well as HW SS & SBK and I might bring my RC51 to do Supertwins if the classes are split. (meaning supertwins isn't grouped into another class I am running). I would do unlmited SBK but I would probably get my ass handed to me by the liter class bikes on the enbankment.

I lived down there when I went to AMI but I haven't kept in touch with any of my friends that lived there. Finding someplace to stay is the last thing I need to nail down. Any help is certainly appreciated.

MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 PM

I think the speedway has facilities if you have a truck to sleep in. I know they have bathrooms and I think they bring shower trucks in, but I am not positive. Alot of people camp in tents that weekend so I am sure there is something. Like I said Ill check with my friends but I am sure their places dont rent cheaply and if all you want is a place to sleep it probably wouldnt be worth it unless there were enough people from the forum looking for a place to stay then they could all chip in or something. One of the places I am referring to is about 5 minutes from the speedway.

05 600RR-Track
06 1000RR-Street
98 CR250
04 CRF80-Wifes Pit Bike

[email protected]

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I have a feeling I will be looking into camping since I am in no position to rent a house. I was just looking for someone that already had a place that had room for another.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 09:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey Eric, i'm in MW SS and MW SBK so i'll be there Fri and Sat, Daytona is 80 miles away from me so i'll be coming home friday night after the practise, i have a spare room and bed if you want to come back to Jax, let me know and we might be able to sort something out.

Tony.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Thats awesome tony. I'll keep that in mind. I used to go back and forth between daytona and jacksonville a lot when I lived down there. I will definitely keep that in mind. Ideally, I would like to stay in the area, but hey, beggars ain't choosers so we'll see. Thanks a ton for the offer and I will be in touch if I can't find anything local.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 09:57 PM

Id offer you some room but I already have 5 guys coming from West Palm and my house is in the middle of a remodel so its a construction zone right. If I invite anymore my fiance is gonna kill me. Ill look around and if I come up with anything ill let you know. Either way id like to come out and hang out for a bit at the track while you guys are there.

05 600RR-Track
06 1000RR-Street
98 CR250
04 CRF80-Wifes Pit Bike

[email protected]

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 07:58 AM

Since I'm cheap (and broke), I'll be spending my nights in luxury in my Chevy truck. Gas is too expensive to drive back to Jax every night and hotels are too pricey during bike week. It's something like $25 a night for the right to park at the speedway so I won't be doing that either. Good ol' reststop for me :)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I might be in the same boat depending on what I drive down there with. I might see if I can stay down the street tho at AMI, which is the mechanics school right down the street from the speedway. If that is what I end up doing, then you'd be welcome to join me. They also give us use of the garage/shop for any work or prep you need to do. You can also give students practice changing your tires and balancing them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page